Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (BBC)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (BBC)

Old 27-06-2011, 19:03   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (BBC)

So, given that the upcoming series of Torchwood (Torchwood: Miracle Day) is not going to be broadcast in the UK until Thursday the 14th of July (six days after the US broadcast), it now has its own "UK Timeline" thread.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/to...ed-by-bbc.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ssell-t-davies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0122tc1

http://www.starz.com/originals/Torchwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz
One day, nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep aging -- they get hurt and sick -- but they never die. The result: a population boom, overnight.

With all the extra people, resources are finite. It’s said that in four month's time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can’t be a natural event – someone’s got to be behind it. It’s a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking “What is Torchwood?", he’s drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.

“Torchwood,” premiering July 8, stars John Barrowman (“Torchwood”, “Desperate Housewives”) as Captain Jack Harkness, Eve Myles (“Torchwood”, “Little Dorrit") as Gwen Cooper, Mekhi Phifer (“ER”, “Lie to Me”) as Rex Matheson and Bill Pullman (While You Were Sleeping, Independence Day) as Oswald Danes.
CF members waiting for the BBC broadcast should use this thread, as the original "US Timeline" thread will feature un-tagged spoilers of episodes broadcast in the US before the UK.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2011, 21:39   #2
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (BBC)

I can't see this thread being too popular

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 21:42   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Looks like I could be in here all alone then...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 22:18   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

HHHmmm well I plan to watch it on BBC.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 23:22   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

makes two of us. Even if I was into torrentz, I'm on holiday during the first two eps so I wouldn't be in a position to download them.
Old 07-07-2011, 14:06   #6
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Oh, who gives a flyin' frak that we're getting it a week late? Bottom line: we're getting it! If they want to do something so stupid as to tempt people into illegal downloads, well, it's not as if there's been no precedent or warning - the dozy bungers only have themselves to blame.

On a more relevant note, sticking to what's important here, who's writing it and is it any good?

EDIT: Oh, hang on - apparently RTD's writing it. We have a chance.
Old 07-07-2011, 14:33   #7
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

For the sake of a few days I'll watch this in the UK. Aquisition from other sources is fine if they aren't being shown on an accessible UK platform (far too much stuff seems to end up on Sky Atlantic for example), or there is a lag of a few weeks. Otherwise the V+ just makes viewing at UK transmission time so much more convenient than a download.

I just hope that it is as good as the last Torchwood series.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 15:50   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'll be watching the first couple of episodes from the USA but setting a TiVo series link for the rest as I am on holiday from next weekend.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37   #9
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all
Smile Re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (BBC)

I will be acquiring the BBC episodes to collect, but i see no point in not watching it on Starz first..
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 22:09   #10
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Not a bad start the idea that jack could die but no one eles could was intresting
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 22:17   #11
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

My V+ crashed part way through while I was time slipping viewing. Going to have to wait for it on iplayer now

One thing that makes me curious. If Cheryl Cole's geordie accent was deemed to hard to understand for the USA X-Factor audience, how on earth will they cope with the Welsh accents in Torchwood
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 22:27   #12
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

one thing i did wonder about is where this all fits in to doctor who's timeline
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 18:43   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Meh.

The Comic Strip Presents Torchwood.

Hopefully it will improve now they've got all the exposition out of the way, but the Hollywood oil slick isn't going to go away. Children of Earth it ain't.
Old 15-07-2011, 19:21   #14
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

I thought it was very good. I enjoyed it.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 14:22   #15
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I enjoyed it as far as it goes. Kai Owen is certainly out of his comfort zone in this one, he doesn't do Action Man very well at all and I think the whole trip from the hospital bed to the little Welsh cottage was just far too silly for words, but then it is Torchwood.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote