Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help me understand NAT's

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help me understand NAT's
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 22:51   #1
Dexstroyer
Inactive

Services: V+ XL TV home phone + 3 Virgin Mobiles & 50MB Broadband Happy with the lot!
Dexstroyer is on a distinguished roadDexstroyer is on a distinguished road
Help me understand NAT's

Right here goes,

My senario is that I want to have 2 Xbox 360's with an open NAT, since everything I have read and tried just leave either/or fighting over the triggered ports or Upnp feature I came up with this......

Why not connect a spare router and just route Xbox (2) to it,

I have got as far as connecting router 2 (R2) to router 1 (R1) from the WAN on R2 to the LAN on R1, I have also disabled the DHCP as I understand thats what allocates the IP addreses also I have turned off the wireless.

But as yet I am unable to get Xbox2 to detect the network (not doing so well am I) so if anyone can help or just tell me this wont work that would be great,

I do not want to use R2 as a switch, I already have a 16 port switch. Just wanted to mention this as that seems to be the only tutorials I can find!
I actually want to know if its possible to have an IP address on each router with the ports triggered ie 53, 80, 88 & 3074 for each xbox in order to have an open NAT on both xbox's....

My brain hurts after trying to solve this for the kids,

Cheers in advance.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Right 30 minutes later im ready to answer my own question!

In a word NO.....it seems even though I managed to get Xbox2 to connect through R2 and enabled Upnp on both routers, I still had an open NAT and a moderate NAT.

If anyone has anything to add to this I'd be grateful.
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2010, 08:32   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Help me understand NAT's

Really already being discussed in your other thread, please continue using that one and not post new threads

Thread closed, original thread @ http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33664986-nats.html
Closed Thread