Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile - Can It Be Added to Your Virgin Media Bill?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile - Can It Be Added to Your Virgin Media Bill?

Old 28-01-2010, 10:57   #1
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of
Virgin Mobile - Can It Be Added to Your Virgin Media Bill?

Ive got this idea in my head that Mobile Services go straight on your VM bill if your an existing customer. This would be massively convenient for me, and I could just pay the £18 a month along with my Broadband, TV and Phone at the same time. Just a case of incorporating the Mobile with the Virgin Media Bill.

So, is this how it goes, or am I way off base? I see that online it says a lot about Direct Debit, but I simply dont do Direct Debit for anything. Can it not just be paid as set out above?

Cheers for the assist!
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2010, 11:06   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Mobile - Can It Be Added to Your Virgin Media Bill?

Unfortunately anything to do with Mobile is billed seperately
Old 28-01-2010, 11:19   #3
grabbi
Inactive

grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of

Slightly bewildering, dont you think?

And I suppose that means Direct Debit is necessary?
Old 28-01-2010, 11:34   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbi View Post
Slightly bewildering, dont you think?
Not really - Mobile use a completely different billing system to the Cable/ADSL part.

Quote:
And I suppose that means Direct Debit is necessary?
Yes - but then it probably would be even if it was all billed together
Old 28-01-2010, 11:37   #5
grabbi
Inactive

Ah. I just thought with them all pertaining to the same company, that they might have had all four on the same bill on the same date each month.

Screw it then. :P
Old 31-01-2010, 17:40   #6
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Virgin Mobile is, I believe, a completely separate company.

I pay everything by DD, it's so much easier!
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 14:58   #7
grabbi
Inactive

Werent Virgin Mobile purchased by ntl:telewest, with the clause being that ntl:telewest were allowed to use the Virgin brand name?
Old 01-02-2010, 15:03   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

i have a virgin mobile and yes a DD is needed to have one .I cancelled my DD and 2 days later had the service suspended despite being in credit on my account so what i do now is keep the DD going but make sure that you pay online before the bill date then they won't go into your account
i too don't do DD they are no good for me and can cost a fortune so all my bills get paid online
Old 01-02-2010, 17:13   #9
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

How can a DD cost a fortune? Most companys actually offer a discount by paying by DD. Others surcharge for not doing so.

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 17:19   #10
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

because i don't get paid monthly i get paid on various days and usually by chq so i don't want any DD and risk a £37 charge from my bank for a £18 bill
Old 01-02-2010, 17:23   #11
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

That would be a very good reason then.

Sorry, I never meant to pry in your personal life. My mind was fixed on a company charging you for paying via DD and not any circumstances surrounding that.

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 17:26   #12
martyh

it's okay ,i just wish some companies wouldn't insist on DD as a requirement of service it's not a guarrantee of payment
Old 02-02-2010, 22:01   #13
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
because i don't get paid monthly i get paid on various days and usually by chq so i don't want any DD and risk a £37 charge from my bank for a £18 bill

Maybe that means you are living beyond your means? Surely the sensible thing would be to have at least a several hundred pound buffer in your account and for it not to be always close to zero.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 22:53   #14
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
Maybe that means you are living beyond your means? Surely the sensible thing would be to have at least a several hundred pound buffer in your account and for it not to be always close to zero.
and maybe you don't know what your talking about kindly keep your opinions on my finances to yourself
Old 02-02-2010, 23:08   #15
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
and maybe you don't know what your talking about kindly keep your opinions on my finances to yourself
No worries, but there shouldn't be any problems with being hit with bank charges otherwise.

(Sorry, just habit with years of helping people with budgeting and money management matters).
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote