Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50 meg router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

50 meg router

Old 12-03-2009, 16:02   #1
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
50 meg router

Hi all, allthough ive mentioned this in another thread, its not really got the responce I was hoping for, so I thought it necessary to start my own

Ive now got 50 meg BB, + new netgear WNR2000 router,

I made the mistake during install of using the same network name (SSID) and password as my old netgear WGR614v9.

I realised once I,d done this that I had dropped a preverbial clanger, now both my wireless laptop and wireless pc seem to be connecting through to the new netgear router, but are using 2 ways to do this.

Once through my original vm wireless manager software, while at the same time also connecting to the new netgear WNR2000 software that came in the new package (the vm disc)

So 1 appliance is wirelessly connecting twice, and the original vm wireless manager software still shows the router type as the old (disconnected) wgr614.

Now i cant seem to seperate the two, to try and delete one of them, ive tried changing the SSID but it just changes it on both pieces of software.

When go into the ip config page, it seems to load twice confirming my suspicians, so my question is how can get rid of the wireless manager software, to then leave the new wnr2000 software running as it should.

ive tried going to add remove programmes, but it wont let me delete the wireless manager software because it says something like "cant delete, programme currently in use".

The reason for the post was due to the shocking speeds being experienced on wireless to both my pc and laptop, and i dont belive its an interference problem as there is only me on channel 10 in my surrounding area.

Any help would be appreciated, as ive now ran out of ideas.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2009, 16:22   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: 50 meg router

In the bottom right hand corner beside the time,
right click on wireless manager and select shutdown,
confirm the shutdown,
then go to add/remove, you will now be able to uninstall wireless manager.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 18:40   #3
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: 50 meg router

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
In the bottom right hand corner beside the time,
right click on wireless manager and select shutdown,
confirm the shutdown,
then go to add/remove, you will now be able to uninstall wireless manager.
hi moaningmags, thanks for the reply, i will give it a go and let you know the outcome, its sounds easy enough though
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote