Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Configuring my Router so Azureus will work?!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Configuring my Router so Azureus will work?!

Old 09-12-2006, 20:32   #1
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Configuring my Router so Azureus will work?!

Hiya, needing some help/guidance with getting Azureus to run on my laptop.

I did a bit of googling and apparently i have to set port forwarding on my router or something

So i tried this, and apparently i need a static IP address, but that was too taxing for my likkle brain...

I'm a 1 day noob as far as networking goes, so can you luverly techies help me sort it out please?!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2006, 20:36   #2
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: Configuring my Router so Azureus will work?!

Pia, which router do you have? (make/model)
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:10   #3
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

This website is great for configuring routers: www.portforward.com
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:14   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

You don't need a static IP to do it. Just the IP of whatever PC is running Auzaureus, that's the IP address that the router is asking for. Then forward the necessary port against that IP address for the protocol in use.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:43   #5
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
Pia, which router do you have? (make/model)
It's a Netgear MR814v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
This website is great for configuring routers: www.portforward.com
Aye, that's the site i've been looking at, that's the one that said i needed a static IP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You don't need a static IP to do it. Just the IP of whatever PC is running Auzaureus, that's the IP address that the router is asking for. Then forward the necessary port against that IP address for the protocol in use.
Ah right, i'm with you up until the last sentence, that's what i wouldn't know how to do!
Old 09-12-2006, 21:52   #6
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Enable uPnP in your router & Azureus Pia...

If you need help to do that post back & I'll give full details.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:56   #7
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Enable uPnP in your router & Azureus Pia...

If you need help to do that post back & I'll give full details.
uPnP? Does that stand for unhealthy pie n peas

No? mmmmmmm sounded nice to me
Old 09-12-2006, 22:00   #8
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

I think uPnP (Unusually Pretty nice Pia) is enabled by default in your router....

So enable it in Azureus by going to Options -->Plugins --> UPnP & checking the box...
Old 09-12-2006, 22:09   #9
Pia
Inactive

Hehehehe

Just looked, it was already enabled.
Old 09-12-2006, 22:17   #10
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Check the box named 'Report successful mappings' in Azureus.

Also check it is set to on in your router by going to the Advanced menu entry & UPnP & check turn UPnP on...

Then turn off router & PC & restart both... Then see if Azureus reports successful mapping of the ports you have it set to use.
Old 10-12-2006, 19:10   #11
Pia
Inactive

Thanks Cobby, i enabled uPnP in my router, and it was working fine after that

Even got some much better speeds than i usually do!
Old 10-12-2006, 19:22   #12
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Glad it worked....

Now you can download all those linux distributions you've just been itching to try out....
Old 10-12-2006, 19:33   #13
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Glad it worked....

Now you can download all those linux distributions you've just been itching to try out....
Oh yeah, those