Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 16-05-2024, 18:50   #361
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
To be fair, that's not what the article says. In any case, a statement which leads with "Sky Sports+ will apparently be available on..." is hardly a confirmation.
Fair comment.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2024, 09:55   #362
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Two new POP UP Channels to appear on Virgin Media next week:

Monday:
*Eurosport UHD launches on Channel 523 (Not on TiVo boxes)

Wednesday:
*TNT Sports 1 HD UEFA Finals launches on Channel 524

All launch days may change.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2024, 02:26   #363
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

TNT Sport 1 HD Final has now launched on channel 524 in preparation for coverage of the UEFA finals.
Channel 100 Showcase: The active hours of channel 100 have been changed for the TNT Sports Fight Night Showcase - Fury v Osyk at 3PM.
Further details: https://ukcabletvchanges.blogspot.com/
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2024, 01:31   #364
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

anyone encountering issues emailing the ceo these days. it used to be passed to a complaints team who'd call me up and i could resolve things. got an email about a week after my complaint asking if i wanted to keep the complaint open. i said yes. haven't heard anything since. been like 3 weeks now.

back in the golden days i'd get a resolution within a week
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2024, 11:36   #365
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
anyone encountering issues emailing the ceo these days. it used to be passed to a complaints team who'd call me up and i could resolve things. got an email about a week after my complaint asking if i wanted to keep the complaint open. i said yes. haven't heard anything since. been like 3 weeks now.

Perhaps they would pleased if "you "just lefted. I know that after a while" you" will be seen as not worth the trouble. The return on your account becomes just not worth it. The response says it all
Old 19-05-2024, 14:17   #366
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the roughFrazz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I've found the same when I contacted them earlier this year, took a while but eventually got a good deal.

Was definitely better when they gave you a call and sorted it over the phone
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2024, 14:25   #367
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I just find it frustrating that you cannot turn down or tailor your package on-line, only add things. For a technology company this is really stupid.

To cut down you have to phone Bagra Bob who speaks English but doesn't understand it.
Old 19-05-2024, 16:13   #368
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I just find it frustrating that you cannot turn down or tailor your package on-line, only add things. For a technology company this is really stupid.

To cut down you have to phone Bagra Bob who speaks English but doesn't understand it.
I agree. That’s why I like the idea of Virgin Stream. You can just subscribe and unsubscribe to the streamers as the fancy takes you. No channel bundles to bother with (except the Sky option if you take that).
Old 19-05-2024, 20:35   #369
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with greed. They dont want to make it easy for you to downgrade.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2024, 22:53   #370
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
I've found the same when I contacted them earlier this year, took a while but eventually got a good deal.

Was definitely better when they gave you a call and sorted it over the phone
ah so you had to call them up to get an offer? my loyalty deduction goes August
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2024, 06:34   #371
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It has nothing to do with technology and everything to do with greed. They dont want to make it easy for you to downgrade.
Spot on.

To VM, it would be seen as stupid to make it easy to downgrade as they will lose income.

This is an issue for the regulators to solve, not VM tech who could easily implement it.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2024, 11:28   #372
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Spot on.

To VM, it would be seen as stupid to make it easy to downgrade as they will lose income.

This is an issue for the regulators to solve, not VM tech who could easily implement it.
When will people grasp that virgin is here to make money. It is not a charity, if it loses money why on earth would any company do it.? lf you don't like what they offer move. Its that simple
Old 20-05-2024, 12:01   #373
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
When will people grasp that virgin is here to make money. It is not a charity, if it loses money why on earth would any company do it.? lf you don't like what they offer move. Its that simple
They may well be around to make money, but that’s not to ignore the important role of a regulator in protecting the consumer interest.

Virgin’s pricing is often not transparent, with consumers left to pay over the odds for inferior, legacy products for prolonged periods.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2024, 17:06   #374
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
They may well be around to make money, but that’s not to ignore the important role of a regulator in protecting the consumer interest.

Virgin’s pricing is often not transparent, with consumers left to pay over the odds for inferior, legacy products for prolonged periods.
I repeat YOUR choice. Stop relying other people to hold your hand .
Old 20-05-2024, 17:27   #375
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I repeat YOUR choice. Stop relying other people to hold your hand .
Such a shoddy application of the “free market” is a race to the bottom for everyone. You can repeat your flawed logic all you please. It makes it no more correct or palatable that there are unscrupulous companies operating in the market for essential services or utilities.

I don’t need my hand held as I rinse retentions year upon year.

Last edited by jfman; 20-05-2024 at 18:02.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote