Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2021, 11:57   #1921
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Now confirmed as happening on 19th of January
https://imgur.com/KhQVgUq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
https://imgur.com/KhQVgUq Although imgur isn't most reliable but i'd say it's 90% happening.

Edit Timelord beat me to it lol.
If I was working for ViacomCBS I would have pick January 26th to "launch" 5Action as 5Action channel number on Freeview is set to move up by one as part of a January 26th Freeview changes to make room for BBC THREE.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2021, 12:06   #1922
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
If I was working for ViacomCBS I would have pick January 26th to "launch" 5Action as 5Action channel number on Freeview is set to move up by one as part of a January 26th Freeview changes to make room for BBC THREE.
A first qtr change in 2022 for a viacom channel has been in place since May last year we just didn't know which channel.
In honestly a lot of specualation at work thought it was going to being 5STAR that was changing.
Old 22-12-2021, 13:01   #1923
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
But it could still be have you reached double figures yet ?
I do not reveal figures on how many voted.
Old 22-12-2021, 13:38   #1924
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I do not reveal figures on how many voted.
Why? It's not the most secret thing in the world
Old 22-12-2021, 16:50   #1925
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Why? It's not the most secret thing in the world
Embrassment. clearly I feel it has not reached double digits. Come folks have YOU voted. I haven't
Old 22-12-2021, 22:08   #1926
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
If they did that they'd likely get inundated (well, more than usual) with complaints wondering where Paramount went because the channel number change occurred simultaneously, no matter how much on-air promotion about the change they did prior. Sometimes doing two changes at the same time is a bad idea, not everyone understands changes and they just lash out and get angry. The 5Select transmission change on Freeview was just one change rather than two and didn't go down well with some, I read a fair few posts along the lines of "my dad loves the channel, what's happened?" in that instance.

Back to topic, well closer, will the HD version survive in the long run?
Old 23-12-2021, 01:02   #1927
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Embrassment. clearly I feel it has not reached double digits. Come folks have YOU voted. I haven't
Ah the season of good will is present with you isnt it.

I think you've made about 4 posts now trying to attack someone who has done a nice little end of year award competition which has no bearing on you whatsoever if you dont want to get involved. For all the things in life currently you can get worked up and passionate about i dont think this is it. For someone who claims "Do I care what you think" you seem to really care about the end of year media boy awards which others may enjoy (i do)

Why bother typing on your phone or keyboard something which is just a bit nasty? Like what does it accomplish. Short answer nothing. So leave us to the things we like and you can just carry on with what you like I like you Itshim but these last few posts have just been rather nasty to be honest and i didnt expect that.

Now i'm going to post my hopes for 2022 for virgin media:

1) Disney plus
2) New software launching on the tivo v6 (blooming heck what happened to that)
3) UHD sky channels for those with UHD tvs (unlike me!)
4) Sky sports getting la liga back (this would involve premier sports liquidating i know...)
5) Fox news to launch a linear channel so i can laugh at them (yes ive been asking this for several years now and due to the fact theyve gone off sky its very unlikely but maybe theyll try and seize it the gap left by CNN
6) Some bizarre messaging app on tivo so you can see what other people are watching and message them (yeah this is an odd one)
7) Discounts and bonuses for virgin mobile customers like you get on virgin media/o2

Merry christmas all btw! I'm working the next two days but i've smashed my work tasks in by staying up late the last couple of nights so i'm just going to coast the next two days...
Old 23-12-2021, 02:14   #1928
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

I think you've made about 4 posts now trying to attack someone who has done a nice little end of year award competition which has no bearing on you whatsoever if you dont want to get involved. For all the things in life currently you can get worked up and passionate about i dont think this is it. For someone who claims "Do I care what you think" you seem to really care about the end of year media boy awards which others may enjoy (i do)

Why bother typing on your phone or keyboard something which is just a bit nasty? Like what does it accomplish. Short answer nothing. So leave us to the things we like and you can just carry on with what you like I like you Itshim but these last few posts have just been rather nasty to be honest and i didnt expect that.

Now i'm going to post my hopes for 2022 for virgin media:

1) Disney plus
4) Sky sports getting la liga back (this would involve premier sports liquidating i know...)
5) Fox news to launch a linear channel so i can laugh at them (yes ive been asking this for several years now and due to the fact theyve gone off sky its very unlikely but maybe theyll try and seize it the gap left by CNN
6) Some bizarre messaging app on tivo so you can see what other people are watching and message them (yeah this is an odd one)
7) Discounts and bonuses for virgin mobile customers like you get on virgin media/o2

Merry christmas all btw! I'm working the next two days but i've smashed my work tasks in by staying up late the last couple of nights so i'm just going to coast the next two days...
1) Disney plus - watch this space (not literally lol)
2) New software launching on the tivo v6 (blooming heck what happened to that) - no idea
3) UHD sky channels for those with UHD tvs (unlike me!) - in progress
4) Sky sports getting la liga back (this would involve premier sports liquidating i know...) - no chance as la liga tv has it
5) Fox news to launch a linear channel so i can laugh at them (yes ive been asking this for several years now and due to the fact theyve gone off sky its very unlikely but maybe theyll try and seize it the gap left by CNN - nope as foxnews is going streaming only
6) Some bizarre messaging app on tivo so you can see what other people are watching and message them (yeah this is an odd one) - nice idea.
7) Discounts and bonuses for virgin mobile customers like you get on virgin media/o2 - this is VM we're talking about
Old 23-12-2021, 08:50   #1929
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

We seem to have been 'watching this space' for Disney+ all year! We were led to believe it would appear in 2021 but I think that's unlikely now.

Unless, of course, it appears on Christmas Day with Discovery+ as a nice pressie from VM, ha ha.
Old 23-12-2021, 09:02   #1930
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We seem to have been 'watching this space' for Disney+ all year! We were led to believe it would appear in 2021 but I think that's unlikely now.

Unless, of course, it appears on Christmas Day with Discovery+ as a nice pressie from VM, ha ha.
Welcome back, OLD BOY.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-12-2021, 09:32   #1931
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We had that for over 2 years - it was called Oomph.

There are still discounts available within Virgin Mobile for having multiple plans - https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/family-plan-benefits

And Virgin Mobile customers still the included social messaging that O2 customers don't
Old 23-12-2021, 11:55   #1932
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
2) They never said they were going to automatically update everyone on Tivo V6, updating to TV360 wipes recordings and features, massively bad PR move. You can choose to upgrade though.
3) Sky don't have full-time UHD channels themselves on their own Satellite, just Red Button. That said, VM don't even have that.
4) Premier Sports don't need to go belly up for Sky to get La Liga, sports contracts move broadcasters all the time.
6) There used to be a UK App Service that worked on tablets/mobiles where it would match you with people watching what you were watching so you chat with everyone else. It was for all TV platforms.
Old 23-12-2021, 16:08   #1933
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

5) Fox news to launch a linear channel so i can laugh at them (yes ive been asking this for several years now and due to the fact theyve gone off sky its very unlikely but maybe theyll try and seize it the gap left by CNN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
4) Sky sports getting la liga back (this would involve premier sports liquidating i know...) - no chance as la liga tv has it
5) Fox news to launch a linear channel so i can laugh at them (yes ive been asking this for several years now and due to the fact theyve gone off sky its very unlikely but maybe theyll try and seize it the gap left by CNN - nope as foxnews is going streaming only
la liga UK rights are up in a summer of 2022 - Source Wikipedia.

Quote:
In February 2019, it was announced that Premier Sports had secured La Liga rights in the UK & Ireland, showing 4 live matches per round from matchday 25 until the end of the 2018/2019 season. Premier Sports also broadcast weekly highlights, previews and magazine shows. Leading on from this, in September, Premier Sports confirmed that they had become exclusive UK rights-holders to La Liga, starting with matchday 4 of the 2019–20 season until the end of the 2021–22 season. They added that most matches would be put on the LaLigaTV channel, which would become available to all existing Premier Sports subscribers on the Premier Player from October, and on Sky by January 2020. One match per round would be broadcast live on sister free-to-air channel FreeSports.
Also is Fox News set to launch (in all but name) with a launch of Talk TV in early 2022.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/murdochs-n...talktv-channel

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Quote:

Never say Never - Sky Sports News HD and Sky News HD did launch on New Years day 2015 due to a deal signs in summer of 2014.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...nels.html#more

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 23-12-2021 at 15:49.
Old 23-12-2021, 16:47   #1934
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Why bother typing on your phone or keyboard something which is just a bit nasty? Like what does it accomplish. Short answer nothing. So leave us to the things we like and you can just carry on with what you like I like you Itshim but these last few posts have just been rather nasty to be honest and i didnt expect t.
It was a simple question ,that he is unable/ unwilling to state how many vote is a reflection on the validity of the result . I am glad you enjoy it and all the thousands of others that do. Personally I find the whole exercise very sad exercise in self promotion. But enjoy nugget found !!!! Fox news possibly coming.
Old 23-12-2021, 20:41   #1935
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:

Discovery+ on Sky is been given away for free again for another 12 months so doesn't look like it's doing well, I wouldn't subscribe but it is available on the Amazon Prime Video channels.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 23-12-2021 at 20:49.
Closed Thread