Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Router help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Router help

Old 12-07-2012, 22:31   #16
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: New Router help

hope its not HDNL
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2012, 10:00   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
hope its not HDNL
No expansys Parcelfarce.

The router was delivered by DPD which sent me an email comfirming delivery today, a second giving me a 1 hour time slot,

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 12:31   #18
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
No expansys Parcelfarce.

The router was delivered by DPD which sent me an email comfirming delivery today, a second giving me a 1 hour time slot,

The router was delivered at 9am, so roll on 3:20pm when I finish for the day.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 13-07-2012, 13:03   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Old 13-07-2012, 21:34   #20
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Wow talka bout easy to connect.

Just plugged in, logged in via my tablet, and set the SSIDs and passwords. The DSi caused a minor problem, but pressing the WPS button and they connected.

All devices started with a lowish power level then they all went to max levels.

I have plugged a USB HDD into it and I can stream HD to all my devices.

Old 13-07-2012, 22:02   #21
thenry
Inactive

hows range and speeds? and have you tested in placed where connectivity could cause problems (far away etc.)
Old 15-07-2012, 19:51   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Range is good I can go to the top of my hill and still get a good signal some 50+ foot away.

The only problem I have at the moment is that my HTC Desire S & Asus Transformer Tf101 tablet cannot see the 5Ghz part.

5Ghz is set up and broadcasting.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

The SSIDs are different.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Is "N" 5Ghz?

Old 15-07-2012, 19:54   #23
thenry
Inactive

those two don't support 5GHz
Old 15-07-2012, 20:30   #24
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

That explains it, I thought N was 5ghz only, because my lappy doesn't support N but sees the 5ghz

Old 15-07-2012, 21:29   #25
thenry
Inactive

have a look in your adapter/cards properties-advanced tab
Old 17-07-2012, 18:03   #26
thenry
Inactive

Hom3r have you or are you going to test running Tomato on it?
Old 18-07-2012, 21:29   #27
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I don't see the need ATM.

I tested the speed test on my wifi, with my old one I hit around 15meg, on the new router I hit 19.5 meg, not bad on a 20meg connection

Old 18-07-2012, 21:43   #28
thenry
Inactive

20megs i thought you was on one of the higher tiers.

Asus should be working on a firmware upgrade right now. Theres bugs and the 2.4GHz band needs to be worked on. This after they stabilized the router with the current firmware. in other words the router isnt functioning as good as it should be.