Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tickle and phone to phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tickle and phone to phone

Old 26-02-2012, 23:14   #1
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Tickle and phone to phone

Can anyone enlighten me? I've been tickled by VM and have 08 plan free for life. Does this apply to my landline phone only or mobiles on my account too?
Also are calls between VM mobiles free and does that apply to the landline as well? Thanks in advance.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2012, 23:26   #2
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve
Re: Tickle and phone to phone

It means 0800 numbers are now free.......I jest of course.

It means any number starting 08 is now free from your landline eg, 0870,0844,0845
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 07:49   #3
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

It is a tickle I would quite like actually. Although with saynoto0870 there are always alternatives but it would be nice not to have to hunt around for other numbers and just dial the 08xx ones.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:42   #4
g0mit
George Bromfield

Services: virgin 500 bb phone xl sky Q
g0mit is an unknown quantity at this point

0845 are not free
g0mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:49   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0mit View Post
0845 are not free
If you get Talk 08 on your landline (which you would as part of the Tickle) then they are covered by the plan - so are inclusive

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Can anyone enlighten me? I've been tickled by VM and have 08 plan free for life. Does this apply to my landline phone only or mobiles on my account too?
Also are calls between VM mobiles free and does that apply to the landline as well? Thanks in advance.
Talk 08 only applies to the landline

As to whether you get free Virgin Mobile to Virgin Mobile free calls it depends on your tariff - the website should list it if you've got it
Old 27-02-2012, 13:54   #6
g0mit
George Bromfield

Services: virgin 500 bb phone xl sky Q
g0mit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ben are 0845 free
g0mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:56   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0mit View Post
Hi Ben are 0845 free
As I said, there is a plan that you can get which includes them.
Old 27-02-2012, 16:11   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
It means any number starting 08 is now free from your landline eg, 0870,0844,0845
You need to check which Talk 08 plan they have put you on. Talk 08 £2 covers 0845 numbers, & 0870 numbers outside your normal call plan. Talk 08 £5 covers all numbers starting 08.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 16:30   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I got all these from a free tickle can anyone explain what they mean please and what the 2 means? Am i classed as a new customer or existing customer regarding Talk international as the call charges are vastly different, for example Bulgaria existing customer pays 9.18ppm however a new customer pays 30ppm, so is it new for a new phone line or new for adding Talk International as i have had a phone line for 14 years?

Talk International 2
Talk Mobile 2
Talk 08 2
Talk Weekends
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:14   #10
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:

0844 are not free.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:17   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
0844 are not free.
No, but they are inclusive if you have the right Talk 08 package

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-lega...gal-stuff.html

Talk 08 £5: Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 08. You must keep your Talk 08 £5 package for at least 30 days. Available to Virgin Phone customers only
Old 27-02-2012, 17:26   #12
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I got all these from a free tickle can anyone explain what they mean please and what the 2 means? Am i classed as a new customer or existing customer regarding Talk international as the call charges are vastly different, for example Bulgaria existing customer pays 9.18ppm however a new customer pays 30ppm, so is it new for a new phone line or new for adding Talk International as i have had a phone line for 14 years?

Talk International 2
Talk Mobile 2
Talk 08 2
Talk Weekends
The 2 simply means the cost if you were paying for it would be £2 per month.

Talk International gives you the rates stated for existing customers taking the plan.
Talk Mobile gives you a rate of 10ppm to any mobile number on any network.
Talk 08 is 250 mins free per month to 0845 numbers and 0870 numbers outside weekends.
Talk weekends gives free calls to 01,02,03 & 0870 numbers all weekend.

Hope this makes things a little clearer.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:28   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks for that, and i guess i am an existing customer, shame i hardly use the phone though!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 18:37   #14
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It means any number starting 08 is now free from your landline eg,

Not so. 0871 numbers are not included. And my free plan only applies to 0870 numbers, not 0845
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 19:48   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
Not so. 0871 numbers are not included. And my free plan only applies to 0870 numbers, not 0845
In that case you have the other Talk 08 package:

Talk 08 £2: Includes 250 minutes each month of direct dialled voice calls calls to UK numbers starting 0845 or 0870. You must keep your Talk 08 £2 package for at least 30 days