Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting to internet via Netgear Rangemax

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting to internet via Netgear Rangemax

Old 17-11-2011, 17:07   #1
kattill
Inactive

kattill is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting to internet via Netgear Rangemax

Hi

I have a Netgear Rangemax WPN824 Wireless router. Have had it for a couple of years and no issues with it. However just recently I am having trouble connecting to the internet with it. I keep getting no connection every couple of days so I run Windows XP connection and it diagnoses the problem and tells me to View Wireless nework security settings where I should then type in the correct security key.

However there is nothing wrong with the security key and the only way I can get the internet connection is by unplugging and plugging the wireless router.

Is the wireless router on the blink or is there something else I can do to stop losing the connection

Mnay thanks
kattill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2011, 17:30   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Connecting to internet via Netgear Rangemax

This can be a number of things, not just the router. Have you changed your antivirus software or firewall settings. Perhaps a windows or other update messed something up.

Just as likely is that someone near you has got a new router and it is interfereing with your wireless. Check your router's settings and try selecting a different wireless channel, especially if you are using the default.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 18:00   #3
kattill
Inactive

kattill is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Connecting to internet via Netgear Rangemax

Thanks

I haven't updated antivirus or firewall but there have been a number of windows updates. How do I check the router settings or select a different wireless channel??

thanks again
kattill is offline   Reply With Quote