Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Charge to report a fault.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Charge to report a fault.

Old 25-07-2011, 18:02   #1
drdaws
Inactive

Services: Virgin 10MB, XL TV. Internet radio Blik radio station, Roberts stream 83i, Intempo & music Pal), Fr
drdaws is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Charge to report a fault.

Had a complete outage today,(Phone, TV & BB), had to report it via mobile, charge £2 plus,
no offer to phone back. Not happy.
drdaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2011, 18:16   #2
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Charge to report a fault.

Well I suppose you had two choices really:
1. pay to let them know you had an outage so your problem could be resolved
2. sit tight and hope that they already know because there is a fault in your area and that they will resolve it and don't pay.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 18:25   #3
drdaws
Inactive

Services: Virgin 10MB, XL TV. Internet radio Blik radio station, Roberts stream 83i, Intempo & music Pal), Fr
drdaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Well I suppose you had two choices really:
1. pay to let them know you had an outage so your problem could be resolved
2. sit tight and hope that they already know because there is a fault in your area and that they will resolve it and don't pay.
Yes, that figures, though in the past they usually offered to ring back the mobile number.
drdaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 18:35   #4
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

True but I don't see how they should have to unless the call is going to be needlessly lengthy. After all that then costs them to ring a mobile and if they did that to everyone, then they would end up needing to increase how much the service cost to cover all the phone bills.

Total outage should be clear cut anyway - maybe you might need to reboot a modem or STB, and they'd probably check if there was an area fault.

The main issue why it would cost so much is because 08/09 (yeah even 0800 isn't in my contract) numbers cost on mobiles, more so than landlines, and faults is (I think) still free from a VM phone. The key is (if you can) finding an 01/02 number because at least that will be included in your minutes.

Thing is, the fundamental issue still needs to be addressed - that you have a fault and need to notify VM, so that they are able to fix it. Which would usually involve making the call in the first place.

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 14:46   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

There are various "0800 call-through" numbers knocking around, whereby you dial a landline number to be connected to a dialtone, you then call the 0800 from your inclusive allowance. I won't post the numbers on here, but Google for "0800 call through" and at least you can call 080x numbers at landline rates from your mobile.

As for Virgin having their CS on 084x numbers from off-net, well that falls under the banner of 08x misuse generally IMO. A few years ago I did a bit of legwork and found a working 080x number that gets you through to Virgin faults. Combine that with an 0800 call-through number and it's about as good as you're going to get.

Better still would be VM getting an 03x number for CS, but that's just too much like common sense where a PLC is concerned!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote