Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to original Virgin PAYG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to original Virgin PAYG

Old 11-06-2009, 22:48   #1
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Changes to original Virgin PAYG

Texted to VM phones, but in case you missed it:
http://www.virginmobilepeople.com/4329/

Quote:
From the 27th of July, you can get free minutes for some of the calls you make. For the first 5 minutes each day, calling Virgin mobiles and UK landlines will cost just 20p a minute. After that, calls to Virgin mobiles are free for the rest of the day. And calls to UK landlines cost just 5p a minute.

Just so you know, free minutes are subject to a Fair Use Policy of 3,000 minutes per month.
So, the 5 minute loading rate goes up from 15p to 20p, but subsequent VM to VM minutes are free.

Just looked at the current "Addict" tariff, looks pretty lousy unless you text and web access more than you call.

I guess I'll hang on to PAYG original, but if I want to upgrade my phone later, I'll probably be changing networks, maybe free skype to skype with 3, as well as a period of free 3 to 3 with any topup.

VM have lost the plot with Addict!
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2009, 07:09   #2
Musicman
cf.addict

Services: Variable speed 10MB BB, Phone & Sky+
Musicman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Changes to original Virgin PAYG

This tariff also now charges for voicemail pickup, which the original PAYG does not.

Can we stay on the orginal tariff rather than using this overpriced one?
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:12   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Looking briefly at the competition - it's inline or better than those.
Orange and Vodafone charge 20p per min for calls plus 10p per text.
Whats more - internet browsing on Orange is capped at £2 per day, whilst Vodafone said £1, but then I read 50p - compares with 30p at Virgin Mobile.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:14   #4
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Does this change also apply to the original PAYG Direct Debit tariff?
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:21   #5
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Fools View Post
Does this change also apply to the original PAYG Direct Debit tariff?
If you mean the Liberty SIM - or similar, then I don't believe so:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 13:47   #6
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
If you mean the Liberty SIM - or similar, then I don't believe so:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do
No, I meant the original PAYG tariff where you pay for your calls by Direct Debit at the end of each month after receiving a bill (with no line rental).
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 00:59   #7
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

I had switched my one phone and families phones to Lyca, now switched to GiffGaff.

VirginMobile have lost the plot with their PAYG service, but then VirginMedia did say they'd do to the mobile side what they did to the landline side 7+ years ago, make it a rip-off.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote