Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | hi guys

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

hi guys

Old 17-12-2008, 02:42   #1
George-H
Inactive

George-H is an unknown quantity at this point
hi guys

i think this will be my first post so let me say im george im 21 and i stay in falkirk, just recently i have been having bad problems with my network card,

the pc itself is only 8 months old btw

basically i put it on full 100/100 or even auto, and it dies with in 10 mins and i get nothing just uplaod speed i dont even get 20kbs

if i put it on half duplex i get a full 10 meg no problems, is my net card buggered?

any help would be appreciated i miss my 20 meg

thanks George
George-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2008, 10:04   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: hi guys

If it's only 8 months old, surely it's under warranty?
Call them and have them replace it.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 18:28   #3
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

if its intergrated on the board there might be new driver for board
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 19:25   #4
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I would go with th'engineer to begin with. If this doesn't solve it, then try an explaining to your PC vendor what the issue with (but don't accept the fact that they may want you to just run it on half-duplex as thats not acceptable).

What OS are you running?
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 20:05   #5
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

it's worth checking the ethernet cable you are using. It's always possible it got disturbed and damaged somehow. Equally it may not be the PC card, it could be a fault at the other end of the connection.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 00:48   #6
George-H
Inactive

George-H is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by th'engineer View Post
if its intergrated on the board there might be new driver for board
on windows update it doesnt have any drivers for it, and tbh i dont know my driver apart from an intel dual core processor lol
George-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 16:29   #7
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

look in your network adapters for the type of card then update from motherboard vendor

or add another pci card for a tenner or so one here folow link

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...T=41513_493998
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote