Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Internet, On and Off ??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Internet, On and Off ??

Old 06-09-2008, 15:30   #1
Keyz333
cf.addict

Services: Cuckoo (BT) Broadband
Keyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to Keyz333 Send a message via MSN to Keyz333
Unhappy Wireless Internet, On and Off ??

Quite recently I changed my internet Provider to O2, as our old Internet Providers, overcharged and were no good at All.

O2 Has been fine for a few weeks, then just the other day, it just disconnected, I thought nothing of it and it reconnected again. About a minute later it did it again, then reconnected. This happened over and over again.

I can browse the internet if I choose the right moments, when its not disconnected.

I have no idea why this is happening, I have tried turning off my pc and Router, still happens

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Keyz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2008, 20:54   #2
Ed2020
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL package.
Ed2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to allEd2020 is a name known to all
Re: Wireless Internet, On and Off ??

What's disconnecting? Your router's connection to the Internet? Or your wireless connection to the router?

If it's your Internet connection I'd check things like:

1. DSL filters. Try swapping them out with another known-good one.
2. Ensure router is not connected to an extension socket.
3. Check for problems with phone whilst Internet is not working. This may indicate a problem with the line.

If it's your wireless connection to the router:

1. Is signal strength good when it is working?
2. Try changing the wireless channel in case another wireless network is on the same frequency and causing interference.
3. Consider whether other devices in the home could be interfering. You'd be surprised at what can - cordless phones are a relatively common cause. I've even read reports of vacuum cleaners, washing machines, etc. causing issues.

Ed.
Ed2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:42   #3
Keyz333
cf.addict

Services: Cuckoo (BT) Broadband
Keyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about themKeyz333 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to Keyz333 Send a message via MSN to Keyz333
Talking Re: Wireless Internet, On and Off ??

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

Its fixed now, I think it might of been the channel I was on.

I rang O2 and told them what it was doing, I think they just changed the channel and now its working fine.

Thanks
Keyz333 is offline   Reply With Quote