Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings testimony to HoC committee re Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings testimony to HoC committee re Coronavirus

Old 27-05-2021, 20:11   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Dominic Cummings testimony to HoC committee re Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We’d still be indoors from the first lockdown if it was down to you.
Nowhere - anywhere - have I ever said that.

Quote:
I think most members of the public understand that this was an unprecedented situation in modern times and the government did its best.

Those who claim that the government response to the virus was ‘catastrophic’ want an inquiry now because they know very well that the statistics from other countries are not only suspect, but the number of deaths are going up substantially while ours have reduced to single figures.
Many consider the 28 day threshold suspect here - although covid will have already claimed the low hanging fruit in the first two waves - but that's for another thread
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2021, 21:54   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Cummings has Boris correctly judged.
Some classic quotes during that marathon grilling. One of the best being
Quote:
On Boris Johnson and Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn as 2019 election options: “There are thousands of people in this country who could provide better leadership than either of those two.”
https://www.politico.eu/article/domi...se-of-commons/

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

I'm not saying that everything Cummins said was true, but he was right here:

Quote:
"Right from the start we've tried to throw a protective ring around our care homes. We set out our first advice in February... we've made sure care homes have the resources they need" says Health Secretary, Matt Hancock.
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1261329991708684294 Tweet: 15/05/2020
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 22:49   #18
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Agreed. ^^^

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 22:56   #19
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Nowhere - anywhere - have I ever said that.
Give over, you’re the biggest lockdown lover on here. More power to government, no matter what government, fits in with your Marxist leanings.
Old 27-05-2021, 23:36   #20
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Give over, you’re the biggest lockdown lover on here. More power to government, no matter what government, fits in with your Marxist leanings.
Yes, I want more power to a Conservative Government I despise because I’m a Marxist.
Old 27-05-2021, 23:40   #21
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes, I want more power to a Conservative Government I despise because I’m a Marxist.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2021, 23:57   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You admit it then.........only joking, not really, no just joking..........

I don’t know you personally, but based on what I know from interaction on this site, yes I’ve you down for a Marxist.

Hey, happy to be wrong, you can tell me where I’m wrong and point me to the posts where you’ve championed free market capitalism.
Old 28-05-2021, 00:10   #23
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
You admit it then.........only joking, not really, no just joking..........

I don’t know you personally, but based on what I know from interaction on this site, yes I’ve you down for a Marxist.

Hey, happy to be wrong, you can tell me where I’m wrong and point me to the posts where you’ve championed free market capitalism.
There’s a couple of thousand posts about how it’s nice to have a choice between linear television and streaming from a range of providers.
Old 28-05-2021, 00:41   #24
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
There’s a couple of thousand posts about how it’s nice to have a choice between linear television and streaming from a range of providers.
Job done
Old 28-05-2021, 08:17   #25
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
So if people left of centre are to be compared to Marxists does that mean you feel anyone to the right of centre (yourself included??) is a Fascist???.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 09:17   #26
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Topic? Find it and debate it.
Old 28-05-2021, 09:24   #27
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Don't forget all those posts about the international bourgeoisie and the proletariat seizing the means of production
jonbxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 10:10   #28
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Ahem!!! TOPIC! Stick to it.
Old 28-05-2021, 15:20   #29
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

DC is a marxist.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 15:23   #30
jfman
Architect of Ideas

He's certainly on the revolutionary scale, but perhaps not on the left of it.

Politicians: crap
High ranking Civil Servants: crap
Media: crap
Establishment: crap