Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 23:54   #61
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

I have a 3 port HDMI switch they have sold in Tesco for ages and it works fine with V6. It was probably £15, but Clubcard points etc, etc.
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2021, 01:06   #62
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Think you was fobbed of mate i have a 5 port HDMI 4K switch cost £9 all devices work perfectly on it SKYQ, Nvidia shield, ps4, switch and pc.
Just a note that anyone getting a switch or splitter should check it's HDCP 2.2 compatible and will support 4k content at higher refresh rates.

Some cheap ones that says they support 4K are HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.x and only support 4K at 30Hz.

Last edited by BenMcr; 09-01-2021 at 01:13.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:13   #63
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Your opinion but others might share a different opinion.
BT Sport, Sky Sports, Amazon Prime - all the Premiership games on one box. Sounds super to me.

The cable operator has never let any two bob free to air channel from satellite onto it's platform and for streaming there's no real reason to integrate content that will create the opinion they are a one stop shop for any old garbage.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:13   #64
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Just a note that anyone getting a switch or splitter should check it's HDCP 2.2 compatible and will support 4k content at higher refresh rates.

Some cheap ones that says they support 4K are HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.x and only support 4K at 30Hz.
Very good point Ben always read description carefully some will say 4K but if you read it you'll see the "upto 1080p" in description.
Mine is 2.2 i got it from a store closing down.
Old 09-01-2021, 18:03   #65
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Think you was fobbed of mate i have a 5 port HDMI 4K switch cost £9 all devices work perfectly on it SKYQ, Nvidia shield, ps4, switch and pc.
It's a splitter not switch and as Ben says this one works on uhd .
Old 09-01-2021, 21:19   #66
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
BT Sport, Sky Sports, Amazon Prime - all the Premiership games on one box. Sounds super to me.
Is this a conversion? I would never argue with that!

Everything on one box is my mantra. Feel free to join the franchise at absolutely no cost!

Seriously, jfman, this is what people using streaming services are demanding. We just want one search list covering all the TV channels, players and streaming services. This makes everything so much easier.

I am concerned that VM may miss the boat, despite the inroads they have made to date. Ultimately, this could be their USP, if they really tried. Sky is in danger of taking the lead as things stand.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:10   #67
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Any Amazon links for recommended HDMI splitters?
Old 10-01-2021, 01:31   #68
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Any Amazon links for recommended HDMI splitters?
Are you sure that it's a splitter you need? If so, does it need to have the bonus feature some of them have?

Last edited by nomadking; 10-01-2021 at 01:47.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:34   #69
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Are you sure that it's a splitter you need? If so, does it need to have the bonus feature some of them have?
Ha no idea what that means... I just only have two hdmi connections and with a v6 and PS4 I’m looking for any suggestions via here or pm so I can use other stuff too ha
Old 10-01-2021, 05:25   #70
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Ha no idea what that means... I just only have two hdmi connections and with a v6 and PS4 I’m looking for any suggestions via here or pm so I can use other stuff too ha
If as you seem to be saying that your TV has two inputs, but you want to connect more than two devices(V6+PS4+eg Amazon Firestick), you need a switch, not a splitter. A switch takes inputs from multiple devices and selects just one input signal to be sent to the display device(eg TV or monitor).
The 3rd and 5th pictures in this item from Amazon indicates the device setup. Don't know for sure whether that one would work, but the specs are right(HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR, 4K60). Doesn't have a remote though.

A splitter would be used to send output from a single device(eg V6) to 2 or more display devices(eg TVs).
Old 10-01-2021, 09:01   #71
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Is this a conversion? I would never argue with that!

Everything on one box is my mantra. Feel free to join the franchise at absolutely no cost!

Seriously, jfman, this is what people using streaming services are demanding. We just want one search list covering all the TV channels, players and streaming services. This makes everything so much easier.

I am concerned that VM may miss the boat, despite the inroads they have made to date. Ultimately, this could be their USP, if they really tried. Sky is in danger of taking the lead as things stand.
From a steaming perspective, this is what Google are trying to do with Google TV on the new Chromecast device. It seems Netflix are showing some resistance though and trying to avoid the aggregation service to force users to use their own app. Frustrating as being able to search all streaming services from one place is clearly appealing.
Old 10-01-2021, 13:28   #72
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

A splitter would be used to send output from a single device(eg V6) to 2 or more display devices(eg TVs).[/QUOTE]

Just what i have it for .one v6 box in study , spitter is used to support a second tv in kitchen. As it's a v6 can control from which ever room I chose. If you go down this route make sure it will work with v6 ,as i said before advised that cheaper model does not support v6.
Old 11-01-2021, 19:44   #73
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The following channels have been made available to lower VM TV tiers on a temporary basis according to JJ20X on Forum Box.

Discovery History (and +1), Discovery Science (and +1), Discovery Turbo, Sky HISTORY (and +1) Animal Planet (and +1), Crime+Inv (and +1), Eurosport 1HD, Eurosport 2HD, Sky HISTORY 2.
Old 11-01-2021, 21:12   #74
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Ah yeah i have a splitter too from my pc so i can use it on my tv too if needed.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:17   #75
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Sky Documentaries SD - now on 278
Sky Nature SD - now on 280
Closed Thread