Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 16:05   #691
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I can't get that link to work
VM have pulled the page. It was a link to trial for BB-only customers to have TV content by "another route".
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2021, 20:27   #692
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
VM have pulled the page. It was a link to trial for BB-only customers to have TV content by "another route".
It's rolling out in beta atm i'd imagine.
Old 12-06-2021, 21:37   #693
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It's rolling out in beta atm i'd imagine.
Is it in connection with this?
https://www.libertyglobal.com/the-mi...t-set-top-box/
Old 12-06-2021, 22:10   #694
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. That device has been around for some time so, if it is that, Virgin's trial will be more of an assessment of user satisfaction with the device than a beta test. It doesn't seem to have much to offer to customers wanting more hard drive space.
Old 12-06-2021, 23:13   #695
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It doesn't seem to have much to offer to customers wanting more hard drive space.
Why do you say that?
This screenshot from the video suggests that it has the full Horizon 4 function, including Saved, which presumeably comes from the Cloud, as is available with some countries with the TV 360 box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8709422A-60CD-4D3E-8D24-9D08861A749B.jpeg (476.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 12-06-2021, 23:34   #696
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Why do you say that?
This screenshot from the video suggests that it has the full Horizon 4 function, including Saved, which presumeably comes from the Cloud, as is available with some countries with the TV 360 box.
Recording to the cloud is fine if broadcasters are ok with it. So far that doesn't seem to be the case in the UK.
Old 13-06-2021, 14:32   #697
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Recording to the cloud is fine if broadcasters are ok with it. So far that doesn't seem to be the case in the UK.

Recording to the cloud may be the future - however my big concern would be the time limited availability of programmes compared to that of recordings on my hard drive.
Old 13-06-2021, 14:53   #698
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Recording to the cloud may be the future - however my big concern would be the time limited availability of programmes compared to that of recordings on my hard drive.
The retention period would be a concern for me too but there is little point in discussing recording to the cloud until it starts to happen in this country.
Old 13-06-2021, 15:48   #699
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
The request for trial users was very vague, but specified it was only for those who had BB only.
Old 14-06-2021, 22:18   #700
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Do they still do “refer a friend” to virgin media bonuses? Sister is having trouble on sky due to huge trees behind them now causing pixelation
Old 14-06-2021, 22:32   #701
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Do they still do “refer a friend” to virgin media bonuses? Sister is having trouble on sky due to huge trees behind them now causing pixelation
Here is that page:

https://virginmedia.aklamio.com/?source=help
Old 14-06-2021, 22:36   #702
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I don't know Vince, but last time I did it it took four years, I kid you not, for them to pay out to me. I know i'm not the only one to have had issues receiving the incentive payment as i've seen posts about this in various places

Also, the guy I referred had a terrible time with VM. He ended up leaving as soon as his contract was up. I found it embarrassing as when you do this you are effectively endorsing the company that you do it for.

It put a little strain on our friendship, so i'd never do it again, well, maybe i'd refer an enemy

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-06-2021 at 22:39.
Old 15-06-2021, 00:40   #703
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't know Vince, but last time I did it it took four years, I kid you not, for them to pay out to me. I know i'm not the only one to have had issues receiving the incentive payment as i've seen posts about this in various places

Also, the guy I referred had a terrible time with VM. He ended up leaving as soon as his contract was up. I found it embarrassing as when you do this you are effectively endorsing the company that you do it for.

It put a little strain on our friendship, so i'd never do it again, well, maybe i'd refer an enemy
Why else would you use a Refer A Friend scheme? That's the point it's an endorsement.

I recommend products/services for friends and family all the time without getting a bonus, but if that product/service had a scheme I'd use it. But the recommendation would happen anyway. I wouldn't be using the scheme if I wasn't at least pretty happy. If it were borderline-average it wouldn't happen.
Old 15-06-2021, 02:52   #704
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Why on Earth would you refer a friend or family to the horror of VM?
Old 15-06-2021, 12:50   #705
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Why on Earth would you refer a friend or family to the horror of VM?
Why on earth would you use a web site that you have nothing to do with ? The wonderful world of trolls l guess