Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 03-08-2013, 16:14   #2956
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh l am a very nice man my dear chap but one does have to deal with these nasty minions all the time and it does wear on my poor body and mind at times.
Sounds ike a new Mr Grey to me. I do not want to go to your red room of pain thanks. Ill sit outside this time. Maybe you will find someone soon thou
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 16:42   #2957
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Let me explain something.

I have had Sky for years, VM contacted us and gave a better deal, we went over to VM and kept Sky for Freesat.

As we had trouble with VM we went back to Sky, but they gave us HD and wanted more money then qouted.
Went back to VM - BUT, they then gave us a load of flannel over BT Sport. Over a period of the few weeks since BT Sport came out and the farce with VM and there way of treating customers. NO communciations, NO customer news on there website. The shambolic customer service communications, you asked them a queestion, and they go round the houses and in the end don't tell you anything.

Thats why l told them yesterday IF, l do not see the FIRST Spurs game on BT Sport on VM by the time they KO, then it waill be back to Sky - all l need to do is call Sky and switch back on the day.

They have not even offered discounts for customers with the loss of THREE channels although its still shown on the EPG - I am furious.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 16:45   #2958
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Arthur if you already have Freesat from Sky then why not just add BT Sports to that if VM don't get it? Then there's no messing about having to switch providers and you still get the sport you want
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 16:47   #2959
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Arthur if you already have Freesat from Sky then why not just add BT Sports to that if VM don't get it? Then there's no messing about having to switch providers and you still get the sport you want
i suspect he doesn't want to pay, unless forced.

And would switch because he feels the virgin offer is devalued.

But only guessing
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 16:48   #2960
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Ben B, Sky have already told us, we can't do that. We have to subscribe to the whole Sports package.

This is a copy of an email that l recvieved back from VM.

Hi there,

Thanks for the email you sent to us on 1 August 2013. We will get back
to you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

The team at Virgin Media
Old 03-08-2013, 16:53   #2961
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Ben B, Sky have already told us, we can't do that. We have to subscribe to the whole Sports package.

This is a copy of an email that l recvieved back from VM.

Hi there,

Thanks for the email you sent to us on 1 August 2013. We will get back
to you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

The team at Virgin Media
You don't get BT Sports from Sky, you get it direct from BT and give them your Sky viewing card number

Quote:
You need to have Freesat from Sky to order BT Sport on Freesat. This means you’ll need a Sky box and Sky dish if you want to watch BT Sport on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...Sd2w%3D/c/6401
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 17:00   #2962
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Aurthur you do not need a Sky sub to get BT Sport, just an active Sky Box a active FSFS card so you can give them the viewing card number
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 17:04   #2963
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Aurthur you do not need a Sky sub to get BT Sport, just an active Sky Box a active FSFS card so you can give them the viewing card number
The only negative, is that the free HD offer finished on the 31 July.

But I wouldn't pay it, and see if they offer it again (or negotiate joining if you get HD for free). Always worth asking
Old 03-08-2013, 18:38   #2964
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Just want to throw in my thoughts in here guys,I don`t think BT sports will be much of a challenge in the long term to sky sports. Sky have seen off ITV sport,Setanta and ESPN in the past and no way BT will do any better against Sky. For me ESPN could of offered a real strong challenge to sky sports if they had wanted to because my understanding is the Disney corporation who owned ESPN are far wealthier than sky but rather strangely decided to walk away instead.
Now regarding whether virgin get BT sports I think virgin are not wholely to blame here guys. I believe BT are deliberately making things difficult for virgin because they are after Virgin`s broadband customers(see their latest advert as proof of this). As I say just my opinions,hope virgin customers get a good deal
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 18:40   #2965
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Just want to throw in my thoughts in here guys,I don`t think BT sports will be much of a challenge in the long term to sky sports. Sky have seen off ITV sport,Setanta and ESPN in the past and no way BT will do any better against Sky. For me ESPN could of offered a real strong challenge to sky sports if they had wanted to because my understanding is the Disney corporation who owned ESPN are far wealthier than sky but rather strangely decided to walk away instead.
Now regarding whether virgin get BT sports I think virgin are not wholely to blame here guys. I believe BT are deliberately making things difficult for virgin because they are after Virgin`s broadband customers(see their latest advert as proof of this). As I say just my opinions,hope virgin customers get a good deal
That was my understanding as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 19:56   #2966
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Firstly let me say that, l have always said that IF BT Sport arrived on VM, l would have no objections in paying extra for it, BUT not £12.00 per month - that is too expensive for three channels.

Secondly, we had a similar problem with Sky over the Basics (look how long we waited for that to appear) and now atlantic, Sky have said countless times that, the channel Atlantic has been offered to VM at a reasonable price, but won't give it away.

Sky is a business on how to make money - l will say again - VM want channels on the cheap, at the end of the day ITS US THAT END UP PAYING FOR IT.

So doesn't VM sit down with Sky and BT Sport and sort out this mess, or are the directors of VM playing golf all day.

I think Monday morning there will be a lot of angry VM customers calling the customer services asking to be released from the contracts. Due to the present BT Sport problem. On this forum there must be quite a customers that are mad football fans - like me - and will go to another supplier for its football.
Old 03-08-2013, 20:58   #2967
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Firstly let me say that, l have always said that IF BT Sport arrived on VM, l would have no objections in paying extra for it, BUT not £12.00 per month - that is too expensive for three channels.

Secondly, we had a similar problem with Sky over the Basics (look how long we waited for that to appear) and now atlantic, Sky have said countless times that, the channel Atlantic has been offered to VM at a reasonable price, but won't give it away.

Sky is a business on how to make money - l will say again - VM want channels on the cheap, at the end of the day ITS US THAT END UP PAYING FOR IT.

So doesn't VM sit down with Sky and BT Sport and sort out this mess, or are the directors of VM playing golf all day.

I think Monday morning there will be a lot of angry VM customers calling the customer services asking to be released from the contracts. Due to the present BT Sport problem. On this forum there must be quite a customers that are mad football fans - like me - and will go to another supplier for its football.
then why go to sky Arthur if your not gonna pay £12PM that's the price for bt sports on sky so why go if you wont pay that price and it £15PM if you want HD so your contradicting yourself and you have to pay BT directly for BT sports on sky as pointed out before
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 21:34   #2968
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hi Dave 42, I have never said l wanted HD channels, my wife won't pay for that. IF, VM won't have it on the system, then l have no choice but to pay the 'rip off' price.

It will be cheaper than going from my house to WHL, it would cost me a lot more than £12 l can assure you.

What l think could happen and this is why there is a problem - is, VM want it on the XL package and want it included in the Sports package and we don't pay any extra for it. But l could be totally wrong, as BT Sports wants a direct price for it.
Old 03-08-2013, 21:51   #2969
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hi Dave 42, I have never said l wanted HD channels, my wife won't pay for that. IF, VM won't have it on the system, then l have no choice but to pay the 'rip off' price.

It will be cheaper than going from my house to WHL, it would cost me a lot more than £12 l can assure you.

What l think could happen and this is why there is a problem - is, VM want it on the XL package and want it included in the Sports package and we don't pay any extra for it. But l could be totally wrong, as BT Sports wants a direct price for it.
yes it a waiting game now Arthur and im sure BT shareholder wont be happy not getting money of VM for the channel as they spend lots of money on it for no return I think VM will get it before premier league kicks off that's all I want it for don't like other sports they got rugby tennis ect just be a little more patient Arthur I think you will get your wish
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 22:05   #2970
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Does the NFL have a confirmed home on TV for 2013 / 2014?

I'm currently listening to Off The Ball on Radio BBC Scotland. One of the guests was talking about watching NFL on terrestrial TV in the early 90's when one of the hosts of the show said something along the lines of "Here's a little hint, it'll be back on terrestrial TV soon."

Don't however assume that means it will be on the BBC. One of the hosts of the show also works for Channel 4.
Sky have the two early games on Sunday 6 pm 9.30 pm they are also showing Thursday games 1.30 am . SNF and MNF are yet to be confirmed, however, I have seen unconfimed rumours that channel 4 will be showing SNF. I have heard nothing about MNF. hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Don't know I think sky was only a new one year deal left very late last year (less than 24 hrs before first game)

Please please please don't be BT
Sky signed a three year deal still two to go. Don't panic. Keep up to date with NFL at NFLUK.com
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote