Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 03-08-2013, 14:09   #2941
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Yes, that is my understanding
BT might be asking Virgin to pass on the full £12.00 per customer should BT Sports launch on Virgin. This would mean Virgin would have to charge more than £12.00 per month for the channel in order to make some sort of profit, and make the deal worthwhile.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 14:14   #2942
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BT Sport needs BT Broadband according to BT's website

http://www.bt.com/sport/BT-Sport-on-BT-TV/index.html
I stand corrected.

I thought you could watch without broadband...on BT tv or online
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:42   #2943
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

Looking at quite alot of quotes on VM Twitter. So many people saying "just heard ESPN has gone, what channel is BT Sports on?" etc. how stupid are people? i often wonder how do people live and function everyday with such lack of awareness about anything that's going on around them.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:46   #2944
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
Looking at quite alot of quotes on VM Twitter. So many people saying "just heard ESPN has gone, what channel is BT Sports on?" etc. how stupid are people? i often wonder how do people live and function everyday with such lack of awareness about anything that's going on around them.
Not everyone is informed about daily happenings in VM world, if anything it shows the communication was clearly not enough for its customers. Because we have a huge interest is what brings us here but we re but a small % of total users so I be careful to call them "stupid" without full facts
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:48   #2945
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Not everyone is informed about daily happenings in VM world, if anything it shows the communication was clearly not enough for its customers. Because we have a huge interest is what brings us here but we re but a small % of total users so I be careful to call them "stupid" without full facts
Best to ignore...source is questionable

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
BT might be asking Virgin to pass on the full £12.00 per customer should BT Sports launch on Virgin. This would mean Virgin would have to charge more than £12.00 per month for the channel in order to make some sort of profit, and make the deal worthwhile.
That was my thought, similar to sky sports

But who knows, wait and see seems to be the tactic..if not in a rush
Old 03-08-2013, 14:55   #2946
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Best to ignore...source is questionable
haha. i am questionable as a source? so you are saying the VM Twitter feed is questionable as a source too? because that's my source. I stated so in my post. the VM Twitter is my source.

*reads cable forum, leans over, and presses play on The Twilight Zone original theme*
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:01   #2947
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

BT Sport needs customers - no matter where it comes from, l know l keep knocking on about VM etc etc, But this deal should have been months ago, not last week or this week, months ago when it was announced.

WE the customers will end up paying for it, but l certainly won't pay £12.00 per month for it, thats a certainty, times are hard financially for everyone, and we the customer are not an easy ride regarding - ' oh if the customer wants it, they will pay for it'.

But sadly this is all VM all over, they want channels on the cheap so they can make money.

When l spoke to them last week, they said 'we are still in talks' well do they work weekends, and do they know the football season HAS started. And where are we still waiting.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:02   #2948
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
haha. i am questionable as a source? so you are saying the VM Twitter feed is questionable as a source too? because that's my source. I stated so in my post. the VM Twitter is my source.

*reads cable forum, leans over, and presses play on The Twilight Zone original theme*
sigh, now turns into education mode

A source of questionable comments.

education mode off

Old 03-08-2013, 15:04   #2949
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

And there is still nothing on the Customer News section either - to keep us informed of what is happening - same old crap.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:05   #2950
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
BT Sport needs customers - no matter where it comes from, l know l keep knocking on about VM etc etc, But this deal should have been months ago, not last week or this week, months ago when it was announced.

WE the customers will end up paying for it, but l certainly won't pay £12.00 per month for it, thats a certainty, times are hard financially for everyone, and we the customer are not an easy ride regarding - ' oh if the customer wants it, they will pay for it'.

But sadly this is all VM all over, they want channels on the cheap so they can make money.

When l spoke to them last week, they said 'we are still in talks' well do they work weekends, and do they know the football season HAS started. And where are we still waiting.
One point i have to agree with, is that talks must have started a long time ago. Find it hard to believe Virgin didn't wonder what to do about BT getting ESPN, and not think something needed done.

It might be that it is delayed because of what each party has decided is their "this and no more" line in the sand. Perhaps Virgin hoped BT would blink first.

that would explain the comment i heard.."Blinking BT",
Old 03-08-2013, 15:09   #2951
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Didnt you want to come to Sky so you get BT Sport? Have you rang Sky to join again? I cant keep up with you Arthur, im going grey
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:12   #2952
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Didnt you want to come to Sky so you get BT Sport? Have you rang Sky to join again? I cant keep up with you Arthur, im going grey
You will go grey once you complete your promised pledge in the coming weeks Mr Stokes.
Old 03-08-2013, 15:14   #2953
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
You at least can't say he isn't consistently inconsistent

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You will go grey once you complete your promised pledge in the coming weeks Mr Stokes.
Now i have heard it all

den offer stokes 50 shades of grey
Old 03-08-2013, 15:19   #2954
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thats does sound like something from 50 shades of grey. I have read it and im sure there is something simular. Den is the new Christan Gray

Quote:
You at least can't say he isn't consistently inconsistent
Good point

Quote:
Now i have heard it all

den offer stokes 50 shades of grey
Den is scareing me more and more
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 15:27   #2955
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Oh l am a very nice man my dear chap but one does have to deal with these nasty minions all the time and it does wear on my poor body and mind at times.