Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 03-08-2013, 12:46   #2926
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Does the NFL have a confirmed home on TV for 2013 / 2014?

I'm currently listening to Off The Ball on Radio BBC Scotland. One of the guests was talking about watching NFL on terrestrial TV in the early 90's when one of the hosts of the show said something along the lines of "Here's a little hint, it'll be back on terrestrial TV soon."

Don't however assume that means it will be on the BBC. One of the hosts of the show also works for Channel 4.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2013, 13:05   #2927
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million Virgin TV customer base.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/3/...-customer-base
Old 03-08-2013, 13:08   #2928
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million Virgin TV customer base.

As the article suggested, UFC should have sought a deal with SKY Sports instead.
Old 03-08-2013, 13:15   #2929
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Exactly how I saw this happening; it will be the sport providers who will not be chuffed with their actions hopefully they can force BT hand a bit.

For me I am worried what BT are eyeing up next. (We lost the first battle but the war ain't over )

I think the next 2 in BT short list they could realistically pursue (and I am worried even just mentioning in case they would do)

1) boxing (which could mean blackout of boxnation to virgin if they bought it)
2) NFL - good strong following in UK and talks of UK franchise meaning bigger interest in the future
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:17   #2930
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I'm currently listening to Off The Ball on Radio BBC Scotland.
No no no Chad! They are a very very bad radio station to be listening to...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:18   #2931
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
As the article suggested, UFC should have sought a deal with SKY Sports instead.
clearly though they weren't to know that a deal with virgin wouldn't be done to carry the bt channels
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:18   #2932
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Does the NFL have a confirmed home on TV for 2013 / 2014?

I'm currently listening to Off The Ball on Radio BBC Scotland. One of the guests was talking about watching NFL on terrestrial TV in the early 90's when one of the hosts of the show said something along the lines of "Here's a little hint, it'll be back on terrestrial TV soon."

Don't however assume that means it will be on the BBC. One of the hosts of the show also works for Channel 4.
Don't know I think sky was only a new one year deal left very late last year (less than 24 hrs before first game)

Please please please don't be BT
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:22   #2933
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I seem to remember it was going to be the death of football..when Sky first got the rights

Lets wait and see.

i suspect BT would be happy for virgin to get their channels, but like sky, not willing to let Virgin undercut the price their own customers get
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:48   #2934
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
i suspect BT would be happy for virgin to get their channels, but like sky, not willing to let Virgin undercut the price their own customers get
This.........
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:52   #2935
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have come to a conclusion with VM, the whole scenario is that VM are making their normal 'we won't pay that' similar to Skys Atlantic.

At the end of the day, in the end we pay for what we want to watch, trouble is with VM is that they want it on 'the cheap' nothing unusual.

I have already made a formal complaint to VM over this - l a, without THREE channels which l; am paying for and it has been several days now.

There comments to me is not enough. As of yet l have had not phone call from them - very poor service, l have a strong feeling that there will be lots of customers leaving to go to Sky.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:52   #2936
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

So I just called up to cancel and was told quite authoritatively by the customer services agent that we should hear something early next week. In fact she said there is an agreement but VM are just trying to get it in to XL. Now I must admit that I don't think I believe her, but she was very sure sounding. So they've got till Weds (when my GroupOn voucher expires) and then I'll call and this time will cancel.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:57   #2937
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
So I just called up to cancel and was told quite authoritatively by the customer services agent that we should hear something early next week. In fact she said there is an agreement but VM are just trying to get it in to XL. Now I must admit that I don't think I believe her, but she was very sure sounding. So they've got till Weds (when my GroupOn voucher expires) and then I'll call and this time will cancel.
I don't believe her either the cancellation department have an awful habbit of telling people something is arriving only for nothing to happen but as ever we shall have to wait and see

VM's main aim to get BT Sport by will be August the 17th IMO
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 13:58   #2938
Chad
cf.mega poster

What is the cots of BT Sport on BT if you don't have broadband with them? Do BT charge £12.00 plus £3.00 for HD to their own customers?
Old 03-08-2013, 14:00   #2939
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What is the cots of BT Sport on BT if you don't have broadband with them? Do BT charge £12.00 plus £3.00 for HD to their own customers?
Yes, that is my understanding
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 14:02   #2940
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
BT Sport needs BT Broadband according to BT's website

Quote:
Not got BT broadband?

Watch 38 exclusively live Barclays Premier League football matches, including 18 Top Picks no longer available on Sky Sports, and all the live Aviva Premiership Rugby in your living room with BT Sport. You'll need broadband from us to enjoy BT TV.

Choose a BT Infinity fibre optic broadband and BT TV package and get the BT Sport channels for free, including ESPN, with HD channels from just £3 a month.

Can't get BT Infinity packages? You can still enjoy BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 when you order a broadband and TV package from BT with a £10 viewing card fee.
http://www.bt.com/sport/BT-Sport-on-BT-TV/index.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote