Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't connect to WIFI

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can't connect to WIFI

Old 09-09-2010, 19:42   #1
vaishali1997
Permanently Banned

Services: sky +, 10mb bb, unknown phoneline
vaishali1997 is on a distinguished roadvaishali1997 is on a distinguished road
Can't connect to WIFI

Hey guys do you know how to connect the DS to wifi???

It keeps saying I need to change my wireless to WEP!!!

What is the safe way to change the wireless settings to WEP???

I have mario kart and I really wanna play against people around the world :P
vaishali1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2010, 19:45   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Can't connect to WIFI

The DS should do WPA (a lot more safer than WEP)

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Please do not post more than one thread on the subject, other thread in the VM internet section junked
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 19:46   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

That depends on if its a ds or a dsi, also after looking at his previous post it may depend on if he's playing an original rom or not as to weather or not he can play it again't others online as opposed to over wifi.

If I recall from my son's ds you could only do 64bit wpa.

His dsi can however do /proper/ wpa and can connect to my routher just fine.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 20:34   #4
vaishali1997
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The DS should do WPA (a lot more safer than WEP)

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Please do not post more than one thread on the subject, other thread in the VM internet section junked
Sorry for posting on the the internet section; I just wanted a quick reply...

By the way I have a Ds Lite...Please can you tell me how to change wifi settings to WEP???

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf-1701 View Post
That depends on if its a ds or a dsi, also after looking at his previous post it may depend on if he's playing an original rom or not as to weather or not he can play it again't others online as opposed to over wifi.

If I recall from my son's ds you could only do 64bit wpa.

His dsi can however do /proper/ wpa and can connect to my routher just fine.
What if you own a downloaded version on a r4 chip????? No comment on legality please...but then can you connect that to wifi??? ON wep??
Old 09-09-2010, 20:37   #5
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

You'll have to change the encryption to wep on your wireless router, then change the encryption on anything else that connects wirelessly.

You can connect with games that are on R4 cards.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 20:47   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I wonder where Callumpy is these days?
Old 09-09-2010, 20:47   #7
vaishali1997
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
You'll have to change the encryption to wep on your wireless router, then change the encryption on anything else that connects wirelessly.

You can connect with games that are on R4 cards.
How do you change the settings on your wireless router?
Old 09-09-2010, 20:49   #8
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I see him sign into Xbox Live quite a bit other than that not a peep. Been really quite round here though
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 21:01   #9
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaishali1997 View Post
How do you change the settings on your wireless router?
You have to log onto it with admin and password. Depending on what router you've got you usually use your browser and type Http://192.168.2.1 (may be different). a quick check of your manual or google the make model should give you the default address.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18   #10
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Not wishing to be a spoilsport but I suggest you check with who pays the Internet bill that they are happy to have the security downgraded!!
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:54   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Probably being a teenager.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 17:03   #12
vaishali1997
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
Not wishing to be a spoilsport but I suggest you check with who pays the Internet bill that they are happy to have the security downgraded!!
I did he said yeah it ain't likely that people on your roads are hackers unless I am wrong

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

What does Callumpy mean??? :P

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Guys do you think it's really safe to login to your wireless using IPCONFIG? just asking advice please

It said details will be sent in an unsecure manner but I don't get what that means...I don't know who to...I mean microsoft wouldn't just allow the details to be sent to anyone, would they??
Old 10-09-2010, 18:37   #13
LondonRoad
Inactive

if you type ipconfig at a command prompt it may give you the IP address of your router. It won't connect you or anybody else to your router.

ipconfig will return the gateway address. This is likely to be the IP address of your router. You can the attempt to connect to your router by entering this address in your browser.

I don't know what Callumpy is either but I suspect s/he may be a former member on this forum who you may remind some people of.
Old 11-09-2010, 18:49   #14
vaishali1997
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
if you type ipconfig at a command prompt it may give you the IP address of your router. It won't connect you or anybody else to your router.

ipconfig will return the gateway address. This is likely to be the IP address of your router. You can the attempt to connect to your router by entering this address in your browser.

I don't know what Callumpy is either but I suspect s/he may be a former member on this forum who you may remind some people of.
OH thanks I knew that but it doesn't work...Which password you gotta enter? And which user? SSID or what? Or network name??
Old 11-09-2010, 19:16   #15
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaishali1997 View Post
OH thanks I knew that but it doesn't work...Which password you gotta enter? And which user? SSID or what? Or network name??
What's your make and model of router? If you've still got manual it'll tell you in that. The name is usually admin or administrator and the password may be blank, or may be password or may have been changed by the person who originally set it up.