Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mario Kart Wii

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Mario Kart Wii

Old 11-04-2008, 18:57   #1
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads
Mario Kart Wii

Don't you just love when a classic game comes out! Our kids love it

They might give us a chance to have a go on it sometime
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2008, 19:06   #2
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Re: Wii Mario Kart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly One View Post
Don't you just love when a classic game comes out! Our kids love it

They might give us a chance to have a go on it sometime
Brilliant game!

I like how they have kept the really good parts of the old N64 one and added to that, hours of fun
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 19:16   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am trying to decide what the best control system is, They seem to have removed a lot of the racing skill i.e less snaking. So it heavily balanced in favor of the who gets the best weapons
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 21:57   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'll probably get this tomorrow.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/865/865975p1.html

Sounds great
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 00:13   #5
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

It's a great game, more like the SNES version than any of it's later offspring.

I must admit I was surprised how well the wheel works, it's been really well implemented, if you have a Wii then Mario Kart is certainly one of the top titles for the console.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 12:35   #6
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

A quick question about the game.

Mario Kart supports the Gamecube controllers. So could you have a four player game by using 2 Wii remotes and 2 Gamecube controllers?

Thanks
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 13:57   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yep, you can.
Old 15-04-2008, 15:17   #8
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yep, you certainly can do 4 player like that... but only local multiplayer, as you can only have 2 players going online from the same console.

Tis a great game... the little 'un has been playing it a lot these past few days. Should keep him busy until Super Smash Bros Brawl is released.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 17:05   #9
PeteTheMusicGuy
Inactive

Services: VM M BB, VM XL TV and M Phone
PeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PeteTheMusicGuy Send a message via Yahoo to PeteTheMusicGuy

A good excuse to invite my little sis down to stay overnight and get her a new game for her Wii
PeteTheMusicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 17:41   #10
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Im struggling to get to grips with manual drifting at the moment, with automatic, the kart turns better, with manual you have to bouce drift to get in the right direction for the corner but you do get the speed boost at the end of the drift.

Its quite tricky on snaking bends, (the Maple leaf course seems to be a nightmare) and trying to hold a shell while drifting is quite a challenge too.

I've also not quite managed to work out stunts yet either, it looks like you need to do something with the wheel but i've not worked out what.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 17:45   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Im struggling to get to grips with manual drifting at the moment, with automatic, the kart turns better, with manual you have to bouce drift to get in the right direction for the corner but you do get the speed boost at the end of the drift.

Its quite tricky on snaking bends, (the Maple leaf course seems to be a nightmare) and trying to hold a shell while drifting is quite a challenge too.

I've also not quite managed to work out stunts yet either, it looks like you need to do something with the wheel but i've not worked out what.
Flick the wheel up at the moment you jump, manual drifting is a lot easier if you do not use the wheel as well
Old 15-04-2008, 23:29   #12
TehTech
Permanently Banned

TehTech is an unknown quantity at this point

I will definately get this for my Wii, will wait a few months first though, as I'd expect it to be 2 expensive at the moment!
Its not really the sort of game I'd normally go for, but hey, learn something new etc...

I'd really love it if they made Halo for the Wii, but alas, for the time being anyway, I shall have to go without
TehTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 17:55   #13
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTech View Post
I will definately get this for my Wii, will wait a few months first though, as I'd expect it to be 2 expensive at the moment!
Its not really the sort of game I'd normally go for, but hey, learn something new etc...

I'd really love it if they made Halo for the Wii, but alas, for the time being anyway, I shall have to go without
Its not as good as its made out to be, in fact i'd say its overhyped.
Old 16-04-2008, 18:53   #14
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Halo or Wii?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 19:30   #15
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Halo or Wii?
Eh, Halo.