Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | wii fit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

wii fit

Old 27-03-2008, 08:16   #1
cuggle
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia VIP package
cuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of light
Question wii fit

Has anyone pre ordered or intend getting this? i'm undecided at the moment if it's going to be worth the 70 quid
cuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2008, 08:24   #2
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: wii fit

I did have it on pre-order when I saw it as a bit of an impulse buy.

Ive since decided that it would get used one, then put in a cupboard with the rest of the stuff Ive bought without thinking!!

As a result, I cancelled the order
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 12:48   #3
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
I did have it on pre-order when I saw it as a bit of an impulse buy.

Ive since decided that it would get used one, then put in a cupboard with the rest of the stuff Ive bought without thinking!!

As a result, I cancelled the order
My Mrs wants this badly but for £70 it’s a lot of money. As you say it will get used once then put in the cupboard forever.

Will there be other games coming out in the future to use the board?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 13:36   #4
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
My Mrs wants this badly but for £70 it’s a lot of money. As you say it will get used once then put in the cupboard forever.

Will there be other games coming out in the future to use the board?
Could be used for sking, snowboarding games, etc. Dependant on how the board actually handles
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 12:18   #5
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

There are some other games planning on using the board, but I'm waiting to see how many materialise before I think about getting this. The games shipped with Wii Fit don't particularly interest me.

Just hope that the developers aren't waiting to see how many people buy the board before releasing compatible games, whilst Joe Public is waiting to see how many developers release compatible games before buying the board.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 15:19   #6
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Well - they are out - anybody got one?
Old 25-04-2008, 15:47   #7
Huwge
Inactive

Huwge is an unknown quantity at this point

With all the hype I thought they would be sold out everywhere. The Mrs picked one up from Asda and there were plenty left. Just waiting for her to come home from work now
Huwge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 16:03   #8
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Well - they are out - anybody got one?
Yep, mine arrived at lunch time £63 from Game after the Quidco discount is returned

Had quick go at lunch and im pretty impressed

The skiing seems difficult, cheeky thing says im overweight (slightly) but my fitness is below my actual age!
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 16:28   #9
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Claires sis got one yesterday and as her wii tends to live at our house most of the time (74" projection screen) then she brought it over.

Had a few goes on it and enjoyed it. Still using the wii sports which came with the wii so they have plenty of endurance with those sorts of 'action' games.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 23:49   #10
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
Claires sis got one yesterday and as her wii tends to live at our house most of the time (74" projection screen) then she brought it over.

Had a few goes on it and enjoyed it. Still using the wii sports which came with the wii so they have plenty of endurance with those sorts of 'action' games.
If you like those sorts of games, Mario and Sonic Olympics is also well worth a punt
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 00:12   #11
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Our Tesco had sold out by 11:30am, according to the staff there.

I dunno really, the NTHW mob seem to be having a few digs at me that I ought to have been getting this. Nice to know people care about you
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 06:49   #12
cuggle
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia VIP package
cuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of light

my bro got it yesterday and it looks good and wish i pre ordered now, i cant get it anywhere
cuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 09:29   #13
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Well I got one on reserve at Argos at the moment, but for ~£70 I'm not sure it's worth it...
Old 26-04-2008, 09:35   #14
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

It's not worth it at £70, when Tesco were doing an offer on it for £65. Trouble is that offer was too popular so it's sold out.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2008, 00:04   #15
Huwge
Inactive

Huwge is an unknown quantity at this point

The wife picked it up from Asda for £65.00 and some pence on day of release. Apart fro registering I've not had a look in yet..kids and wife on it all the time !
Huwge is offline   Reply With Quote