Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All Gamecube production suspended...for now

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

All Gamecube production suspended...for now

Old 18-08-2003, 14:23   #1
Boom
Inactive

Boom is on a distinguished roadBoom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Boom
Post All Gamecube production suspended...for now

From Spong:
Quote:
Nintendo of Japan has made the Dreamcast-flavoured move of halting all GameCube hardware production.

The shock move comes as prices for GameCube software and hardware, both officially and unofficially, plummet around the world with disastrous consequences.

Indeed, GameCube software is now the cheapest available for any system, often as much as 25% less expensive than the Xbox equivalent.

Whatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s more, Nintendo has slashed the price of the GameCube hardware in the US, with the console now costing just $99.95 - thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s a mere £62!

Sources close to Nintendo state that the GameCube is overstocked at all levels. Slower than anticipated demand over the summer has compounded this, resulting in the embarrassing decision to suspend the production lines, a possible PR disaster for the Japanese giant.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2003, 14:27   #2
ic14
Permanently Banned

ic14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to ic14
*Hopes kronas doesnt see this*

Well i see nothing in it, just that dor now there not making any more gcs till the backlog clears
ic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 14:42   #3
Defiant

As I suspected 12 months ago Nintendo will be making software only soon. No one could honestly have thought they stood a chance up agains't the might of Sony and Microsoft. Two Titans fighting it out with them stuck in the middle lol
Old 18-08-2003, 14:45   #4
ic14
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Defiant
As I suspected 12 months ago Nintendo will be making software only soon. No one could honestly have thought they stood a chance up agains't the might of Sony and Microsoft. Two Titans fighting it out with them stuck in the middle lol
Shut up, You do know that nintendo are the only one out of the 3 that makes money on the consoles?

Theres no way nintendo will go software only
Old 19-08-2003, 12:41   #5
preacher
Inactive

preacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Give them some time....hopefully when people come to realise how unreliable m$ are (after all this virus fiasco) they will start to notice an increase in sales again????

As for the hardware side.....so long as we get the GBA player, Pads and the other prehethrials continue to come (who cares about online gaming...I have a pc for that!) I will be a happy bunny!
preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 12:51   #6
ic14
Permanently Banned

I love that sig preach....... very funny and true,
Back on topic,
Notice how definet hasnet repled yet?
Suspicous
Old 19-08-2003, 16:43   #7
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
i did see this a week ago but didnt post it but well no shock there really i mean i have been telling you all its a failing console and nintendo realise that i mean they are even stopping games and hardware from being released in europe now as its costly to them and little demand
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 16:58   #8
ic14
Permanently Banned

Oh shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-08-2003, 17:00   #9
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by ic14
Oh shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as they say truth hurts

and yes i agree with defiant they will go the way of sega BUT will there titles sell i think not!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-08-2003, 17:01   #10
ic14
Permanently Banned

Kronas stop trying to annoy us, at least nintendo still make money unlike sony or m$!
Old 19-08-2003, 17:05   #11
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Kronas stop trying to annoy us, at least nintendo still make money unlike sony or m$!
yes but MS and especially sony are outselling the gaycube console and games units wise
Old 19-08-2003, 17:06   #12
ic14
Permanently Banned

Stop calling gaycube,
consirdering you posted a Thread about a gay uni course it seems your the one who is gay......
Old 19-08-2003, 17:39   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Quote:
Shut up, You do know that nintendo are the only one out of the 3 that makes money on the consoles?

Theres no way nintendo will go software only
And have been known to suggest they are looking at developing software only.

Anyway, how are Nintendo making a profit on the hardware? They must be using really cheap parts.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2003, 22:15   #14
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H
Can we Chill on the personal insults, and get on topic please?
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote