Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT launches new TV Box.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion

BT launches new TV Box.

Old 04-06-2021, 19:23   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
BT launches new TV Box.

I have been told by Sources that "BT have launched their new tv box today to selected vip customers, it has 4k hdr 1tb 4 tuners and uses the youview interface."
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2021, 20:24   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: BT launches new TV Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have been told by Sources that "BT have launched their new tv box today to selected vip customers, it has 4k hdr 1tb 4 tuners and uses the youview interface."
Indeed, they have.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2021...r-set-top-box/
Old 04-06-2021, 23:46   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

BT told me that if I wanted to leave VM, they would buy me out of my contract and install a phone line for free.

Not sure if this is a general offer or specific to me, but worth bearing in mind if anyone wants to switch.

BT is becoming more and more appealing.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 00:13   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Go for it.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:00   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

only 4 tuners? my V6 has 7
Old 18-06-2021, 08:30   #6
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It can do 4 DTT recordings and 2 BTtv recordings simultaneously - while you watch a 7th channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
only 4 tuners? my V6 has 7
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 11:33   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It can do 4 DTT recordings and 2 BTtv recordings simultaneously - while you watch a 7th channel.
That is good, as is the ability to record Now TV (they are currently offering the Entertainment pass half price for two years at £5 a month).

Even though they appear to have thrown the towel in on TV by effectively becoming a reseller of Now TV & trying to offload their own TV channels, I think that they are seriously worth considering.
Old 26-06-2021, 20:12   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That is good, as is the ability to record Now TV (they are currently offering the Entertainment pass half price for two years at £5 a month).

Even though they appear to have thrown the towel in on TV by effectively becoming a reseller of Now TV & trying to offload their own TV channels, I think that they are seriously worth considering.
I don't think they've thrown in the towel, Richard. I think they have simply recognised that streaming is the future.
Old 26-06-2021, 20:39   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't think they've thrown in the towel, Richard. I think they have simply recognised that streaming is the future.
"Maslow’s Hammer"* in action…

aka "the law of the instrument"
Old 26-06-2021, 20:41   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"Maslow’s Hammer"* in action…

aka "the law of the instrument"
I thought that was your weapon of choice, Hugh.
Old 26-06-2021, 20:49   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Please provide an example…
Old 26-06-2021, 21:06   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Apart from the channels that come from Freeview, their channels were delivered by IPTV anyway.

Am I correct in thinking that VOD is streaming & that linear channels provided over the internet is IPTV?
Old 26-06-2021, 21:15   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apart from the channels that come from Freeview, their channels were delivered by IPTV anyway.

Am I correct in thinking that VOD is streaming & that linear channels provided over the internet is IPTV?
I don’t think we need to distinguish in that way, Richard.The pedants will have a field day.
Old 27-06-2021, 21:58   #14
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Haha.

Richard with the question I’ve been asking for two years now.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2021, 22:22   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I suppose that even analogue television broadcasts were streaming ie it was being continually fed to the end user from a source further back that had to continuously supply the signal.

I wonder if the term is derived from a stream where a supply of water has to be continually replenished to keep the flow going at any given point?