Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 71 86.59%
No 5 6.10%
Unsure 6 7.32%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 21:31   #5956
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appeal
jfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coronavirus

None of the vaccines are 90% against the delta variant so your risk assessment is based on assumptions known to be false.

Pierre you can't make a statement as ludicrous as "I'll take my chances" if by your own admission you aren't impacted by any of the current Covid restrictions.

You're making a risk assessment for other people, or the population as a whole, consistently incorrect and I'm not really sure why to be honest. Discourse on the forum isn't really any better for it, it's not because Covid restrictions affect you on a personal level, do you hate state intervention that much?

Showing you that you are wrong about a prediction requires time as unfortunately I'm not capable of time travel.

However vaccine manufacturers are tweaking their vaccines on the basis of keeping efficacy high and I'll trust their judgement before yours every single day of the week.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 21:41   #5957
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
None of the vaccines are 90% against the delta variant so your risk assessment is based on assumptions known to be false.
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...n-variant.html

Quote:
Real-world data demonstrated 92% vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisations due to the Delta variant
Quote:
Pierre you can't make a statement as ludicrous as "I'll take my chances" if by your own admission you aren't impacted by any of the current Covid restrictions.
I just did.
Old Yesterday, 21:46   #5958
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appealjfman has a bronzed appeal

That's not against cases. Cases being both a transmission and mutation risk.

If you're happy to make ludicrous statements then I suppose I can't stop you Actually it's probably beneficial for me in the long run anyway.
Old Yesterday, 21:55   #5959
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That's not against cases. Cases being both a transmission and mutation risk.
It hurts when you’re wrong doesn’t it? I know if it was you, you would continuously bring it up and bang on about how you were right and I was wrong, a la Old Boy.......But I’ll save you that embarrassment. I won’t mention it again...much.
Old Yesterday, 22:09   #5960
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It hurts when you’re wrong doesn’t it? I know if it was you, you would continuously bring it up and bang on about how you were right and I was wrong, a la Old Boy.......But I’ll save you that embarrassment. I won’t mention it again...much.
No it just makes you look ridiculous when it’s evident to any observer we are talking about two entirely different things.

Like if I said the schools would close in January and you said supermarkets would stay open.
Old Yesterday, 22:22   #5961
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
No it just makes you look ridiculous when it’s evident to any observer we are talking about two entirely different things.
Nope just makes you look wrong, and then so desperate not to look wrong.

JFman
Quote:
As I explained earlier to Papa portraying vaccines in such a binary fashion is unhelpful. A 10% efficacy vaccine could be described as “working”
Pierre
Quote:
the vaccines, as I understand, are all well into the 90’s ?
JFman
Quote:
Pierre, link backed evidenced quote
Quote:
Real-world data demonstrated 92% vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisations due to the Delta variant
Who looks “ridiculous”.......Hmmmmm,

It’s OK to admit you are wrong you know, I have done many times........it’s a sign of maturity.
Old Yesterday, 22:56   #5962
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (350 Mbps) : Vodafone BB (38 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats enough, again.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote