Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best current Wii deal?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Best current Wii deal?

Old 29-08-2007, 22:10   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Best current Wii deal?

I'm thinking of getting one in the next few days, I'm after a deal which obviously includes the sports games and maybe one or two others. It needs to be a 'high street' deal as opposed to having to ordering one online.

Any recommendations?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2007, 22:16   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Best current Wii deal?

Game station possibly seems to have cheaper deals than game however game would match and vice versa

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=wii&t=hardware these deals are normally available in store
Old 29-08-2007, 22:17   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The standard pack includes Wii Sports anyway, plus one Wii Remote & one Nunchuk, for £179.99.

GAME & Gamestation tend to do bundle deals on their websites, so I'd assume you'd be able to get similar in-store.

These two sites are very handy for stock checking & prices:

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/

Tailored for online stores, but they do tend to mention actual high street deals too.

What other games are you thinking of?

Need extra controllers & other accessories too?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 22:30   #4
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Cheers for those, I'll probably go for a first person shooter like Splinter cell or MOH.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-08-2007, 22:41   #5
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

The GAME bundles are good - Cosnole + 1 Game = £199.99
http://www.game.co.uk/browse.aspx?cat=11475

PC World have similar deals if your after just one game, otherwise Gamestation have the best deals.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 23:06   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Cheers for those, I'll probably go for a first person shooter like Splinter cell or MOH.

I think MOH has had better reviews than SC.

Resident Evil 4 is excellent. One of the Wii's best games.

Zelda is also excellent, if you like that kind of game.

SSX Blur (snowboarding) & Madden NFL '07 are both meant to be very good.

If you want a 2nd Remote (normally £30), it may be worth getting hold of Wii Play (normally £35), as that comes with a Remote anyway. Nothing amazing, just a collection of mini-games / party games, but not too bad.

If you have an HD Ready TV (or SD with component inputs), then the official Component video cable is a must - component is a hell of a lot better than the standard composite lead, & although the Wii isn't HD, it can at least do 480p when using component.

If you're gonna use SCART, & your TV has an RGB SCART socket (most do, unless ancient), then it's really really worth getting the RGB SCART lead - far superior to the standard composite lead.

Memory cards...

No immediate need for one, as the Wii has plenty of space for game saves & for Virtual Console games etc.

But, if you do get a memory card, there's no need to get the official Sandisk Wii SD cards. The Wii takes standard SD memory cards - the "official" ones offer nothing extra apart from a big price hike.

Amazon do good deals on SD cards. Actually, they even have very good prices on the official Sandisk Wii SD cards - £13.79 for the 2GB one, compared to the £30-£40 odd price I've seen some places.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 00:42   #7
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Both these games are very average, unfortunately.

As Matt said, Resident Evil is a much better game. I'd recommend getting that over either MoH or SC.

Out of interest, is this for you to play with your daughter too? I can't remember how old she is, but she may enjoy some of the party games such as Wario Ware and Mario Party.

There are also absolutely loads of Gamecube games that are classics too - and all Gamecube games are 100% compatible with the Wii. IGN produced a list of essential Gamecube games, if you're interested I'll find the link.

Oh, and Mario Strikers is good too... although I keep on getting my butt kicked whenever I play against anyone online.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 01:39   #8
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Yes I'm hoping to get some games for my daughter too - she's 4.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 30-08-2007, 22:43   #9
jubbi
Inactive

Services: XL Broardband, XL TV, V+ and extra STB, and standard phone
jubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enoughjubbi will become famous soon enough

Rayman! She'll laugh her socks off.
jubbi is offline   Reply With Quote