Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:28   #271
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think that to spice up the SPL and Scottish league, they should just have TWO divisions, and have BOTH Celtic and Rangers in the same SPL, as i think that Scottish football is finished.

And it obvious that Rangers and Celtic wont get into English football. I can just imagine Celtic and Rangers being in the Second tier, just think of the recvenue.
Interesting legal opinion for you to mull over here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...ansfer-1588512

Personally I think it's doolally moonbeams, but I also thought Bosman would never succeed against the authorities either
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2013, 10:32   #272
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
HMRC appeal against FTT has been granted.
So the two legal experts got a point of law correct and the accountant didn't? Good luck with that one HMRC.

Still gives the media something to write about on slow news days for the next 2-3 years.

Quote:
Interesting legal opinion for you to mull over here:

Personally I think it's doolally moonbeams, but I also thought Bosman would never succeed against the authorities either
Casting my mind back I'm pretty sure Rangers played in the FA cup many, many years ago so they haven't been totally Scottish based at all times.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26   #273
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

Casting my mind back I'm pretty sure Rangers played in the FA cup many, many years ago so they haven't been totally Scottish based at all times.

You've got some memory. That was in the 1880s.... the days before the supporters of the deid club rioted and pillaged every English town they visited. I can't think why you're not being welcomed with open arms
Old 06-02-2013, 13:38   #274
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think that the Scottish leagues are finished, as they lost the 'big money' games ie the Old Firm games.

What should happen is bring Scottish football in line with the English football and have it broken down.

We already know that there is to be PL1 and PL2 within two years, then you have the Championship, what you could have is Championship 2, followed by THREE divisions involving the bottom half of the The English league and the Scottish divisions.

Therefore, it will bring in more revenue for these clubs, and travelling to these games would not be of a hardship - any comments.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 15:36   #275
LondonRoad
Inactive

It seems that this new club haven't learned anything from the death of it's parent.

Sevco facing a winding up order:

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...-petition/4020
Old 09-02-2013, 01:57   #276
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It seems that this new club haven't learned anything from the death of it's parent.

Sevco facing a winding up order:

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...-petition/4020
Hey back off! Guys like Ian Black don't come cheap. We've got SPL rejects like this tit to pay for each and every week. If it's paying the bills or paying Sandaza, I chose Sandaza

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Quote:
You've got some memory. That was in the 1880s.... the days before the supporters of the deid club rioted and pillaged every English town they visited. I can't think why you're not being welcomed with open arms
Or opened legs
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:52   #277
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey back off! Guys like Ian Black don't come cheap. We've got SPL rejects like this tit to pay for each and every week. If it's paying the bills or paying Sandaza, I chose Sandaza

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Or opened legs
image.jpg

Just seen our team for game against ICT, think I may need a bottle or 2 of what Chad had
Old 10-02-2013, 01:37   #278
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Attachment 24204

Just seen our team for game against ICT, think I may need a bottle or 2 of what Chad had
I've been catching up with some of my colourful wine fulled posts from last night
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 14:39   #279
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Bring on Tuesday! Cannot wait!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:43   #280
Henkesghost
Sceptic

This is going to be one long day at work Hope Izzy and Sammy are fit. Heard last night that Juve haven't been beaten away from home in 2 years
Old 12-02-2013, 07:53   #281
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Good luck to Celtic tonight lads.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:47   #282
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
This is going to be one long day at work Hope Izzy and Sammy are fit. Heard last night that Juve haven't been beaten away from home in 2 years
They haven't played at Celtic Park during that period though

the place will be buzzing tonight.

I'm off work today so it'll be a long day. Can't wait. COTBIG
Old 12-02-2013, 09:32   #283
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
They haven't played at Celtic Park during that period though

the place will be buzzing tonight.

I'm off work today so it'll be a long day. Can't wait. COTBIG

Good point Will be difficult but we've seen off Juve at home before, so who knows
Old 12-02-2013, 16:05   #284
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I am looking forward to it. Hope they do well, but tinged with a realism streak
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 16:12   #285
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No matter what happens to night the atmosphere at Celtic Park is going to be electric tonight.

Wish I was going, sure I'll hear the noise from home as I am Just near Duke Street.