Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Agreed New Package but email contract higher cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Agreed New Package but email contract higher cost

Old 05-05-2022, 14:42   #1
Phil
cf.member

Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Agreed New Package but email contract higher cost

I am exhausted after two day totalling several hours on the phone to Retentions

I agreed a new package yesterday with Retentions to reduce our monthly bundle costs as our existing deal was due to run out on the 25th May. I agreed a deal amounting to £92. I have had two emails from them to say my new monthly bundle price is £112. This is not what I agreed.

In addition, we went from 3 set top boxes to 2 (our son has bought his own home and moved out). I knew something was up when the person on Retentions said she was having problems putting the details on the system as there were technical issues at that time. She confirmed my contact phone numbers and promised to phone me back but I have not had a call.

I called back Retentions yesterday afternoon and explained the situation to another operative who said she was also having difficulties in entering the details onto the system. This operative mentioned that it looked like her colleague had deactivated the wrong set top box. I was put on hold whilst she investigated but suddenly the phone just cut off !!

My wife has the new V6 box and when she went to use it last night (approx 19:30) the error code showing indicated that the box had been deactivated!!. I phoned the TV fault line and eventually spoke to a fantastic lady called Mishba and explained I had changed my package but was experiencing problems with the set top boxe being incorrectly deactivated. She asked for the codes from the box we wished to deactivate and the codes from the 2 boxes we wished to keep and within 30 minutes everything was resolved. I asked about the difference in the package price and she said she could see the agreed price of £92 on my account but could see there were issues with how the new package was setup. She suggested I phone retentions again this morning as she could not alter the details only Retentions could do this but she had left some notes on my account.

I phoned Retentions again this morning and spoke to yet another representative who looked into the matter for me and said she would have to phone me back on my mobile phone as she was having difficulrties with the system. After approx 1 hour she phoned back to say that she had fixed the problem. I thanked her for phoning back and she proceeded to read out the terms and conditions and then I asked if she needed the numbers for the back of the set top back that we were to return. I went into our living room to get these details but my mobile phone lost signal and she has not phoned me back !!

I am in limbo. Have the details of the new contract at £92 been entered successfully or not?. I'm currently on hold waiting to speak to Retentions yet again. I have never experienced problems like this before in dealing with Virgin Media.

In desperation last night I logged a complaint on their system but it could be 48 hours before I get a response. I would like to resolve these issues ASAP.

Can anyone help on the forum who are employees of Virgin Media please as I am exhausted trying to resolve these issues

Thanks
Phil

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

All sorted at last....after another 1 hour 30 mins on the phone to Retentions!!

Im exhausted....going for a lie down
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2022, 17:43   #2
Phil
cf.member

Re: Agreed New Package but email contract higher cost

Its still not sorted !!!!

Just had email saying contract price set at £102 not the agreed price of £92

What is the issue here and why cant it be resolved as 2 Retention calls have confirmed contract price at £92 but then emailed contract confirmation gives a different figure !!!!
Old 05-05-2022, 17:45   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

At least it’s £10 closer … looks like you’re going to have to call them again though.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 17:55   #4
Phil
cf.member

Im on hold again to Retentions Chris....these 2 songs that are going around in a loop are starting to grate on me !!!
Old 05-05-2022, 18:15   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

WOW, I can't help but I have crossed my fingers that it will be 3rd time lucky.
Old 05-05-2022, 19:03   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

This all sounds very familiar.

A lot of people who haven't changed their package or had a fault don't understand it when people complain about how abysmal their customer service is or how inept they are. This is why Virgin are again the most complained about company in the industry and receive a lot of complaints about how their complaints were dealt with!!

Everything is fine, until it isn't
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 19:31   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

A lot of people who haven't changed their package or had a fault don't understand it when people complain about how abysmal their customer service is or how inept they are. This is why Virgin are again the most complained about company in the industry and receive a lot of complaints about how their complaints were dealt with!!

Partially correct…

Quote:
TalkTalk and Shell Energy generated the most broadband complaints, primarily due to faults and service issues.

TalkTalk was also the most complained-about landline provider, while EE and Sky attracted the fewest broadband and landline complaints.

iD Mobile, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile were the most complained-about mobile operators, and Virgin Media generated the highest volume of pay-TV complaints. The main reason customers complained to Ofcom was related to how these companies handled their complaints.

EE, Tesco Mobile and Sky attracted the fewest complaints in the mobile sector, and Sky was the least complained-about pay-TV provider.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre...aints-revealed
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 22:49   #8
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

We do. Also probably why NTHellworld was set up originally. What we don't understand is why after such abysmal monthly service from them, you insist on staying with them.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 22:55   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
What we don't understand is why after such abysmal monthly service from them, you insist on staying with them.
If you want fast BB, they are the only choice around here.

Once 5G becomes well established, that situation *may* change, but as it stands no one else can give me 350/50, not even close.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:36   #10
eoin.miskell
cf.member

Services: 2 V360 boxes, 350MB BB
eoin.miskell is on a distinguished roadeoin.miskell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to eoin.miskell

Well at least its not as bad as what they did to me when upgrading packages.... They managed to cut off TV, Broadband, Landline and Mobiles.

We had 3 days with no service.
eoin.miskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 14:20   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If you want fast BB, they are the only choice around here.

Once 5G becomes well established, that situation *may* change, but as it stands no one else can give me 350/50, not even close.
Keep an eye out for other companies who are now setting up in competition eg Cityfibre. Hopefully this and 5G will force Virgin to buck their ideas up or finish them off completely, allowing someone else to take over their assets (which I predict will eventually be broadband only) and run things properly in a professional manner.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 21:00   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No one is setting up around here, and I'm miles from any "city".

EE really take the pee atm- they advertise their Full Fibre on bus shelters around here - but you cant actually get it in this area. Muppets.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:00   #13
Phil
cf.member

Well, just a quick update and guess what, I'm still none the wiser. The last chap I spoke to last Thursday said that all the codes had for the package had been entered correctly and he could not understand why £102 and not the agreed £92 was showing. He stated that the agreed package price of £92 was clearly showing on my account. He then referred it to a manager to agree on ongoing £10 monthly discount - I was told this would show in 24 hours. However, logging into my account and viewing my new contract still shows as a package price of £102

I dont wish to waste another 2-3 hours on the phone. I will wait and see what direct debit amount comes out of my bank on the 5th June and take it from there.

I still have had no response to my initial complaint which sadly does not surprise me. I have been patient and polite with every member of staff but if the DD amount is not £92 then I will take it further. If my email address with them was not linked to virtually everything I do, I would cancel the whole lot and move. Indeed I might start migrating to a Gmail account in preparation to move away from VM as if I cancel my contract, my email with them would dissapear pdq. !!

Am I alone in my dealings with VM - I must admit that this is the first major stumbling block I have encountered with them but have been aware of all the chatter about their poor service. I guess if it doesnt affect you then its not an issue......until now !!
Old 10-05-2022, 13:25   #14
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Well, just a quick update and guess what, I'm still none the wiser. The last chap I spoke to last Thursday said that all the codes had for the package had been entered correctly and he could not understand why £102 and not the agreed £92 was showing. He stated that the agreed package price of £92 was clearly showing on my account. He then referred it to a manager to agree on ongoing £10 monthly discount - I was told this would show in 24 hours. However, logging into my account and viewing my new contract still shows as a package price of £102

Have you tried looking in the upcoming charges section on the My Virgin Media app? I've found that the app updates better than looking at my account on my pc.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 13:56   #15
Phil
cf.member

Thanks djmagnifique - I've just installed the app on my phone.

To my horror I can see the calls I made to VM on the 03454 541111 number (as advised to do so) and I can see two calls listed for the 5th May whilst I was trying to sort out their mess and I can see charges of £13.47 for one call and then another charge of £15 to the above VM number. They are taking the P**S

To the good news and I can see the £10 reoccuring rebate - I hope this is reoccuring and not a 1 off.

Im going to make another complaint regarding the above call charges to them but this time via the 150 number this time.

This really does destroy any lingering faith in them I must admit....