Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 20-07-2010, 11:09   #3031
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Alone in the dark II, pretty pants really 3/10

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Hmm. 8.5/10. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoy this one.

Great battle scenes, great lightsabre duels, Yoda kicking ass, rise of Palpatine & Vader, fall of the Republic...The best of the prequels IMO.

And, of course, it gave us...

Didn't manage to watch Ep. IV as well in the end, so my aim for Tuesday is to watch the entire Original Star Wars Trilogy all in one day [Hah, isn't my use of my annual leave productive ]
Have you read or listened to any books from the SW extended universe? There are some cracking books that should be made into films.

The latest books are the "Fate of the Jedi" series but I suppose book talk is for another thread
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2010, 21:45   #3032
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Have you read or listened to any books from the SW extended universe? There are some cracking books that should be made into films.

The latest books are the "Fate of the Jedi" series but I suppose book talk is for another thread

Yup, I used to have a whole load of the SW Expanded Universe novels, starting with Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy" / "Empire Trilogy" (which kickstarted the SW novel/EU resurgence).

Despite all the ones which came afterwards, I still think Zahn's were by far the best (although Kevin J Anderson's "Jedi Academy Trilogy" was very good). The X-Wing series of novels was very good too, and there were some other good ones, but there were also a lot of stinkers (such as, IIRC & IMO, "The Crystal Star" & "Children of the Jedi").

I got bored with the EU at some point during the "New Jedi Order" (the books with the "Yuuzhan Vong") & just stopped reading them...

__________________________________________________ ______________

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

The original classic. 10/10.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

One of those rare sequels that’s at least on a par with the original. 10/10

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Weakest of the three, but still great. Battle of Endor & Luke vs. Vader = Epic. 9/10

Those scores are all ignoring the “Special Edition” aspect of the Originals, although that’s obviously what I watched, given that you can’t actually get a decent quality version of the Originals on DVD.

I love the improved SFX of the SEs, especially the way the battles have more ships, and the Alderaan & Death Star explosions no longer look crap (Praxis Effect FTW), but…

ANH

Han & Greedo: WRONG! OK, better on the DVD release than the original version of the SE, but still WRONG.

Jabba: WRONG! It just looks really bloody stupid due to Han walking on Jabba’s tail. Wouldn’t be too bad, if it wasn’t for that.

ROTJ

Additional muppet song and dance at Jabba’s Palace: WRONG! Looks and feels stupid and out of place. Utterly unnecessary.

Galactic celebrations at the end: WRONG! WTF? So as soon as the Emperor is killed and the Death Star II is destroyed there is instant celebration across the galaxy, complete with fireworks? Get stuffed.

Anakin’s Force Ghost being that of Young Anakin (Hayden Christensen) rather than that of Old Anakin (Sebastian Shaw): WRONG! Alec Guinness’ Obi-Wan Force Ghost wasn’t replaced with Ewan McGregor, so why was Shaw replaced with Christensen? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Was he Young Anakin when he died? No! Was he Young Anakin when he redeemed himself and turned away from the Dark Side? No!

Oh, George, why did you mess with them?…

__________________________________________________ ______________

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Awesome. 9/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 17:31   #3033
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Toy Story 3 10/10 IMO, was sad in parts of the movie, but gave it that score as im also a big fan
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 17:46   #3034
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Oh, George, why did you mess with them?…
As long as he left in the Stormtrooper smacking his head in Ep4 and Han groping a feel of Leia in EP6 then I'm happy

Just spent last weekend watching the LOTR extended edition trilogy and then went onto the Bourne trilogy

10/10 all 6 films
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 17:53   #3035
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Inception 10/10 stunning.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 18:17   #3036
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Inception 10/10 stunning.
Im taking my dad to see that hopefully next week
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 19:57   #3037
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

9.5/10

Awesome. Battle of the Hornburg = EPIC.
Old 22-07-2010, 20:07   #3038
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

While I do rate the LOTR films very highly, I am disappointed at how much had to be left out of the books. Still I can see why it had to be done.

I look forward to the Hobbit film
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 07:50   #3039
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Inception 9.99(recurring)/10 Great film, and unusually one where you'll need your brain engaged.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 23:29   #3040
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

10/10

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadow shall spring,
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Old 23-07-2010, 23:35   #3041
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

big shark thing and the rather large octopus, 8/10 for sheer comedy value (dont pay for this film,ever)
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 23:41   #3042
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
big shark thing and the rather large octopus, 8/10 for sheer comedy value (dont pay for this film,ever)
LOL. I want to see that other one, with the other 80s pop-star Tiffany...Mega Piranha?
Old 23-07-2010, 23:59   #3043
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

I actually quite enjoyed it but when I was much younger I use to love old godzilla movies etc so it was a bit a of a case of blast from the past for me I'll have a look for mega piranha!
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 17:33   #3044
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Ahhh Megashark vs giant octopus - I thought it was great
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 20:09   #3045
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

At long last managed to see District 9. I thought it was excellent, much better than I thought it would be.

A Good 9 from me. Hopefully there'll be a District 10 in a couple of years.