Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Paralympics 2012 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Paralympics 2012 Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:56   #46
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Paralympics 2012 Thread

Mickey Bushell wins 100m T53 gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19471635
Old 04-09-2012, 13:19   #47
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Great Britain's Sophie Wells has won her second silver medal of the Paralympic Games at Greenwich Park.

http://www.teamgb.com/news/second-eq...n-silver-wells
Old 04-09-2012, 19:03   #48
denphone
Still alive and fighting

More gold for our heroes today as Britain's Dani Brown made it back-to-back Paralympic archery titles after beating compatriot Mel Clarke in the compound open final plus Sophie Christiansen became the first Briton to win three golds at the London Paralympics in the freestyle dressage Grade 1a test.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19479471

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19475573
Old 04-09-2012, 21:04   #49
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

As the parent of a disabled child I can honestly say that I think the Paralympics have served as a wonderful example of what mentally and physically disabled people can achieve in spite of their various problems. I've been moved to tears more than once in the last week or so by the terrific efforts, disappointments and wonderful celebrations of the athletes taking part in these games. I've no doubt that the wider public perception of the disabled globally will be much improved by what we've been privileged to witness during London 2012.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:36   #50
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
As the parent of a disabled child I can honestly say that I think the Paralympics have served as a wonderful example of what mentally and physically disabled people can achieve in spite of their various problems. I've been moved to tears more than once in the last week or so by the terrific efforts, disappointments and wonderful celebrations of the athletes taking part in these games. I've no doubt that the wider public perception of the disabled globally will be much improved by what we've been privileged to witness during London 2012.
Echoed, Osem
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30   #51
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Quote:
Seconded Osem, I pray that this will last .
Old 05-09-2012, 05:44   #52
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Could not agree more.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:34   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

It's Mark Colbourne doing the business again and claiming a brilliant silver in the road cycling C1 class.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-0...ics-day-seven/
Old 05-09-2012, 13:36   #54
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Having watched and listened to a lot of Olympic events, I'm proud to be British.

The way we have cheered other nations has been excellent, and hopefully make people relised we ain't that bad, and hopefully get some more respect from the rest of the world.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Why are the comentators calling it the Union Jack? Its the Union Flag.
Old 05-09-2012, 16:11   #55
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sarah Storey wins third London gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19487106
Old 05-09-2012, 18:27   #56
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Oliver Hynd wins sixth GB swimming gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19495172

Alex Zanardi wins Paralympics 2012 handcycling gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19493510
Old 06-09-2012, 12:07   #57
denphone
Still alive and fighting

GB have their first medal today in the Olympic Stadium with Bev Jones winning bronze after throwing a 30.99 in the F37 Discus.
Old 06-09-2012, 14:35   #58
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Great Britain claimed its first ever Paralympic sailing medals, with Helena Lucas the star of the show as she collected gold in the 2.4mR class.

http://www.teamgb.com/news/lucas-str...g-gold-britain
Old 06-09-2012, 16:24   #59
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

http://london2012.blogs.nytimes.com/...t-seen-by-all/

Quote:
You see, even more amazing than the fact that Londoners have opened their arms and hearts to the Paralympics is the fact that they are interested in us for our athletic ability, not the fact that we don’t spend every day in our rooms crying about the fact that we can’t walk, or are missing a limb or two. ...

...The London Games are on a pace to be the biggest advancement of adapted sports since people in wheelchairs began playing basketball in the 1940s. The coverage on TV has been educational and professionally done. The appreciation of athletic accomplishment is on a par with that of the Olympians who flocked to the city two weeks ago, and Britain is building up its Paralympic stars and hopefuls to the same heights....

....In London, Paralympians are seen as amazing for their feats on the field, and it could not be more refreshing. I hope that one day the United States decides to join the party.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 16:57   #60
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Sarah Storey storms to landmark 11th Paralympics gold and thus joins Dave Roberts and wheelchair racer Baroness Grey-Thompson in winning 11 titles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19509302