Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WaGs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WaGs

Old 07-07-2006, 11:33   #1
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
WaGs

Are they now more famous than the England team? It seemed that during the World Cup that the WaGs got more coverage than the team.

Apparently they are now getting their own TV show.

Should they have been given a free jolly to the World Cup anyway?
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2006, 11:37   #2
weirdworldstate
Permanently Banned

weirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of light
Re: WaGs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
It seemed that during the World Cup that the WaGs got more coverage than the team.
Well, most of the time they were actually better to watch
weirdworldstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39   #3
joggerspark
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband Freeview
joggerspark is on a distinguished roadjoggerspark is on a distinguished road

definately not, they should have paid themselves. Probably should not have gone at all. Let the palyers concentrate on the game and not the WaGs..
joggerspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42   #4
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

I don't see the problem. They had a good party, for sure. But they were also there to support their husbands/boyfriends/fiances etc. If my other half was off participating in such a monumental occasion as part of his job, he'd want me with him.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:52   #5
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

At least none of the England players have the problem that Mehdi Mahdavikia suffered. It was revealied that he had a wife in Germany, where he plays, and also a wife back home in Iran.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:54   #6
weirdworldstate
Permanently Banned

weirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of lightweirdworldstate is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
If my other half was off participating in such a monumental occasion as part of his job, he'd want me with him.
You'd hope so, anyway
weirdworldstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:58   #7
orangebird
Inactive

orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdworldstate
You'd hope so, anyway
I know so
Old 07-07-2006, 11:59   #8
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

For me, the saddest thing is that they are made out to be celebrities. Sure, some of them have or had successful careers, so good luck to them. But there are a few who are famous for the fact that they just happen to have dropped their drawers for a famous player. They have no real discernible talent or ability, yet they are seen as some kind of idol. It might be best if they tried to actually use their "celebrity" status for some good cause. Let's be honest, can you imagine Colleen training for months on end and then trying to swim the Channell for charity?
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:03   #9
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

i think the FA got annoyed over is as during Sven's vital one month with the team they had a holiday in portugal with all the wives that the FA paid for and then they all went to the WC anyway
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05   #10
joggerspark
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband Freeview
joggerspark is on a distinguished roadjoggerspark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
At least none of the England players have the problem that Mehdi Mahdavikia suffered. It was revealied that he had a wife in Germany, where he plays, and also a wife back home in Iran.
doh!
joggerspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 15:20   #11
Pumpkin
Inactive

Services: Very tall strawberry blonde men ;-)
Pumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud ofPumpkin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283
For me, the saddest thing is that they are made out to be celebrities. Sure, some of them have or had successful careers, so good luck to them. But there are a few who are famous for the fact that they just happen to have dropped their drawers for a famous player. They have no real discernible talent or ability, yet they are seen as some kind of idol. It might be best if they tried to actually use their "celebrity" status for some good cause. Let's be honest, can you imagine Colleen training for months on end and then trying to swim the Channell for charity?
Exactly. For some of them its just happens that they are going out with/living with or married to a famous man and they just get on with their lives and keep a low profile or the women who already had or have careers independent of their man. But its the ones who seem to think they are famous and talented purely by association, when all it is is that they were in the right place at the right time, or wrong time depending on the state of the relationship, and bagged themselves a footballer.
Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 16:09   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283

The only remotely "talented" ones (and I use the word talented in quotes with good reason) I know of are Cheryl Tweedy and Victoria Beckham.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

As for whether they should have gone? Well, I think they should have gone to support their husbands/boyfriends, but I don't think the FA should have paid for them.

I know that the players don't get paid much for playing in the national teams, but they *do* earn tens of thousands of pounds per week, and I am bloody sure that being picked for your national team helps build up the wages at your home club.

I personally think that the hundreds of thousands the FA spent on taking the WaGs would have been better spent on training up younger players (schemes to help schools, that sort of thing).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 16:16   #13
gazzae
Inactive

Interestingly enough, Gary Neville's girlfriend wasn't there, but Neville Nevllie was.
Old 07-07-2006, 16:17   #14
orangebird
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
The only remotely "talented" ones (and I use the word talented in quotes with good reason) I know of are Cheryl Tweedy and Victoria Beckham.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

As for whether they should have gone? Well, I think they should have gone to support their husbands/boyfriends, but I don't think the FA should have paid for them.

I know that the players don't get paid much for playing in the national teams, but they *do* earn tens of thousands of pounds per week, and I am bloody sure that being picked for your national team helps build up the wages at your home club.

I personally think that the hundreds of thousands the FA spent on taking the WaGs would have been better spent on training up younger players (schemes to help schools, that sort of thing).
Hundreds of Thousands? I don't think it was quite that much to take them out there...

Anyway, so just because some of the WaGs don't have their own public careers, they're not worthy? Many of them have children with their respective partners (Alex Curran for example) and want to be with their husbands etc on occasions like the World Cup. What's the problem? If I don't have any money because I'm at home looking after two children under three, I'll spend my husbands if I need to. Just so happens that their husbands tend to have a little more money than mine!
Old 07-07-2006, 16:18   #15
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
Hundreds of Thousands? I don't think it was quite that much to take them out there...
Yeah, but if you put it together with the jelly and custard that the kids ate, I bet it was a trifle more than we'd spend...

*ahem*
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote