Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 19-05-2005, 17:58   #556
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Just back from Ep 3.

Wow. What a film. It manages to pull almost all the threads of the story together. Just a few dodgy moments but overall a very enjoyable film.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2005, 18:07   #557
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

House of the Flying Daggers

Biggest pile of sh**e I've seen in a loooooooooooooooong time.....

Ocean's Twelve

Only managed not to be the biggest pile of sh**e I've seen in a long time because of House of the Flying Daggers
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 20:45   #558
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Star Wars, Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Not bad. Better than I remembered (apart from Jar Jar).

Pity Darth Maul wasn't used more.

Star Wars, Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Pretty good. Worth seeing just for the Yoda/Dooku fight, & the scene when the clone troopers first see some action.

Star Wars, Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

OMFG! I wasn't expecting much, but I actually really enjoyed this (mostly).

The story, although not great, was better than that of EpII (which was better than that of EpI).

Acting & script... not too hot, but better than the first two, & not really any worse than in the original trilogy.

Action, special effects, battles, lightsaber duels, etc.... Wicked

Ian McDiarmid was especially great as Palpatine.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 20:47   #559
Faulty
Inactive

Faulty is on a distinguished roadFaulty is on a distinguished road

watched Kingdom of Heaven last week, kinda reminded me of Braveheart, i rate it at 6/10
Faulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 21:22   #560
mrlipring
Inactive

Services: PCI DVB-T Freeview NTL Digital NTL 3mbit NTL phone
mrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud ofmrlipring has much to be proud of

I've been on an eastwood trip of late, so the last thing i watched was Heartbreak Ridge.

Classic Eastwood, and some FANTASTIC snappy dialogue, especially the opening scenese in jail.
mrlipring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 23:11   #561
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Alien Nation.

Not too bad.

I'm glad they went with different actors in the TV series tho.

6/10
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 00:34   #562
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

The Manchurian Candidate.

Pretty good, a little lazy in places but very watchable none the less.
Old 31-05-2005, 01:54   #563
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Star War, Episode IV - A New Hope

Not the best of the saga, but still the original & still a classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
The Manchurian Candidate.

Pretty good, a little lazy in places but very watchable none the less.

The original one, with Sinatra, or the remake, with Denzel Washington?

(both are good IMO)
Old 31-05-2005, 02:03   #564
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
The original one, with Sinatra, or the remake, with Denzel Washington?

(both are good IMO)
The remake
Old 31-05-2005, 13:02   #565
xcdtowg
Inactive

xcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to beholdxcdtowg is a splendid one to behold

I saw the end on total recall last night, i used to watch it when i was a little kiddie, i don't remember that much blood though! Quite gross really, im surprised i turned out as well as i did watching that when i was little My mums a big horror fan so im sure im disensitised to it by now

Still its a good film, hasnt aged to much accept for the bad acting when people get shot, lol, they all make the same "argh" noise and jump in the air anyhoo 8/10
xcdtowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 00:15   #566
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Sin City

(free preview screening on Weds courtesy of an offer in the Grauniad )

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/

Brilliant adaptation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics, directed by Miller & Robert Rodriguez. Good story, looks amazing, & the cast is great.

Definitely worth watching
Old 03-06-2005, 00:20   #567
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Sin City

Brilliant adaptation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" comics, directed by Miller & Robert Rodriguez. Good story, looks amazing, & the cast is great.

Really want to see this one, can't wait.

Never read the comics - would like to though. Anyone know if they're any good?
Old 03-06-2005, 00:22   #568
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Sin City

I'm going to see that tomorrow. I'm a newbie to the story, but the trailers look good.

I saw Millions yesterday. It's okay, quirkie enough at the start to keep you watching.

Also saw Revenge of the Sith again
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 21:11   #569
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I saw Sin City today. I thought that it was good. Different.

Good old Marv
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 21:46   #570
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Really want to see this one, can't wait.

Never read the comics - would like to though. Anyone know if they're any good?

They're very good

Miller is great. A couple of his other graphic novels which are also worth reading are "Batman: Year One" & "Batman: Dark Knight Returns".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I saw Sin City today. I thought that it was good. Different.

Good old Marv

Yep, very good film

With some fine actresses too