Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 03-02-2011, 13:14   #811
grandmaster
Inactive

grandmaster has reached the bronze age
grandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze age
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
The Hacienda: How Not to Run a Club - And a pet rant here, bluddy publishers making Amazon charge nearly £2.50 MORE for the Kindle version than the paperback!
Im sure I read somewhere that e-book publishers retailers are being investigated about ebook price fixing, although i may be wrong.

Ahaa here it is
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02..._investigated/
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2011, 18:08   #812
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Saw it on BBC4 just before Christmas, so I thought that I would give the book a go.
That book is so funny!!

You should try The Long, Dark Tea-time of the Soul as well...

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
Im sure I read somewhere that e-book publishers retailers are being investigated about ebook price fixing, although i may be wrong.

Ahaa here it is
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/02..._investigated/
Thanks for that. Hope it will change the practice, but I won't hold my breath!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 19:43   #813
MartJ
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP30 package Virgin Mobile x 2
MartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about them

Reading Heartstone by C J Sansom.

First of the books I got for Xmas, only 5 more to go!!!!!

Fall of Giants - Ken Follett (could take months 850 pages)
Michael McIntyre's autobigraphy
Alan Sugar's biography
Botham's book of the Ashes
1000 Years of annoying the French - Stephen Clarke (might save that one for holiday in France later this year)
MartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 20:55   #814
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just finished re-reading

Designated Targets (World War 2.2)
Final Impact (World War 2.3)

both by John Birmingham
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 21:35   #815
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Just finished Dean Koontz, key to midnight which he originally wrote under the name of Leigh Nichols, although shorter than the original its still quite gripping and dramatic cold war guy gets girl love story'ish type of book, not his normal fare but very good.

Just started Koontz's Whispers, pretty good so far.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 21:40   #816
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I haven't read Whispers in *years*. I used to love Koontz's stuff, especially the older books such as Watchers, Phantoms, Midnight, Strangers. Never really got on with his more recent stuff though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31   #817
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Bernard Cornwell - Gallows Thief.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42   #818
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I haven't read Whispers in *years*. I used to love Koontz's stuff, especially the older books such as Watchers, Phantoms, Midnight, Strangers. Never really got on with his more recent stuff though.
Yeah, I'm with you there - his old school horror/thrillers were great. Whispers is the one with the writer, right?

Haven't bothered with most of his new stuff since about 'From the corner of his eye'.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 16:18   #819
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Just finishing The Burning City by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournell. About to start The Secret Crown by Chris Kuzneski.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 17:42   #820
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

Flicking between this and an EA Sports FIFA 11 forum.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:23   #821
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Following the Secret Crown read Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich & just finished The Mask of Troy by David Gibbins. Now half way through Where Death Delights by Bernard Knight.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:13   #822
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

currently reading 'But can you drink the water?'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/But-Can-You-.../dp/B003PPCSJ8

can't say I'm overly impressed - it's not bad, it's just not great, but for 70p......
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:39   #823
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

half way through "the girl who kicked the hornets nest"
first book was good, second book not as good, third and last book too much fluff and filler, never mind, keep on truckin'

trying to decide wether to reread an old favorite or start on something new, downloaded about 6000 so i am not short on choice
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 19:57   #824
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars, by Patrick Hennessey
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 22:37   #825
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I recommend this, I saw it on BBC Breakfast TV this morning and will be buying it.

The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1...rlrefer=search

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Avey