Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Problem.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Problem.

Old 19-02-2007, 23:54   #1
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack
Virgin Mobile Problem.

Hi Folks!

I ordered a nice new shiny Virgin Mobile on a pay monthly contract on Wednesday 14th Feb, all went well wonderful.

Very fast delivery, i was soo impressed

Well perhaps im jumping the gun a little here and being to hasty? but it should be sorted now surely.

I registered on the web and went into my account and it had my balance, and explained until everything was setup 100% I would have £5 or so balance to get started, fine I thought ill wait a few days for the contract to be activated.

Problem now, its Monday, and im still showing as a PAYG Customer in Account, and cant make any calls on mobile without topping up!

Surely it cant take this long to activate it all?

If I had wanted a PAYG phone I would have ordered one . and it certainly wouldnt have cost nothing to buy it.

I have joined up for the 300/300 tariff, I havent rung them up yet, will do tomorrow, but just wondered what on earth was happening?

I emailed the team and they gave me some silly email about sending them a copy of my contract!

Surely they have a record of it, after all it was only 4 days ago, surely all my details are on their system?

Send them a copy of the contract indeed, they cant be this disorganised surely???

Ta

Virgin Media TV and Broadband I have, but soo far not impressed with the Virgin Mobile side of things.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2007, 00:07   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Mobile Problem.

Sounds like not the best start to a new contract indeed.
Give them a call on 789 and hopefully they can put things right for you.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 06:00   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I had the same problem - they were pretty good about it, and wrote off the cost of the calls made, plus the multi-media message sent as well.
I think it's more the setting up of the direct debit etc. But rather than call (which costs), log into your account on the internet, and email them directly. They'll reply pretty quickly.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 15:34   #4
sstainer
Inactive

Services: VIP package
sstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nicesstainer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to sstainer

dial 789 from mobile and explain what you have here virgin are quite good for response i found in relation to mobile issues
sstainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 18:38   #5
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar problem and the offered to write off the costs of the calls i made to them and they wrote off the 1st months bill.....how good was that !!!
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 22:04   #6
Mike1901
Inactive

Mike1901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having been a Virgin Mobile customer for a while, even before the rebrand of NTL/TW, their support on 789 is second to none, and even at peak times you tend to get a UK person within minutes. Even lets you choose your own waiting music if needed, which is refreshing
Mike1901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 22:44   #7
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1901 View Post
Having been a Virgin Mobile customer for a while, even before the rebrand of NTL/TW, their support on 789 is second to none, and even at peak times you tend to get a UK person within minutes. Even lets you choose your own waiting music if needed, which is refreshing

Totally agree with you, although when you dial 789 and then hear the options and then you press, the corresponding number and then "0" to confirm and proceed (i think) i've found that if you press the number a few times it tends to connect you to someone pretty much straight away.
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 14:54   #8
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

another pat on the back here. My daughters lobster fone started freezing all the time rang Virgin up yesterday afternoon, this morning the replacement phone was delivered and the old one taken away.

Excellant service, cant be beaten IMO.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 09:30   #9
Mike1901
Inactive

Mike1901 is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to the above - I also think they should be praised for not making their helpline premium rate (OK so it's 10p/call, but if its genuine, they normally take it off your bill if you ask)
Mike1901 is offline   Reply With Quote