Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems when connecting in a wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problems when connecting in a wireless router

Old 18-03-2007, 21:14   #1
stevo24
Inactive

stevo24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Problems when connecting in a wireless router

Problems when connecting in a wireless router.

I have using a safecom able router for some time with no problem. I have recently purchased a netgear wireless access point and I am finding that after 20 minutes for so I can’t access the net form anything connected wirelessly.

If I check on a wired machine it connects fine.

The wireless machine can access the access point and the router but not the net. It does not resolve DNS even though the DNS settings have not changed.

I have also encounter the self same problem with a wireless router, but this has only 2 wireless pc connected. a is about 10 metres from the router and connects fine and accesses the net fine. the other can access for about 10-20 minutes then suffers the same problem.

Any ideas anyone???
stevo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2007, 11:10   #2
dannyoneill
Inactive

dannyoneill is on a distinguished roaddannyoneill is on a distinguished road
Re: Problems when connecting in a wireless router

I had this and it was somone elses wireless causing problems. while my signal was way stronger theres caused problems.

First thing to try is change the channel the router uses, just keep switching until you find a good one.

Or do what I did, connected to teh other wireless and it was default everything, ip, password, the lot. so just turned their wireless off. Not one problem since
dannyoneill is offline   Reply With Quote