Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin f5d7633 and virgin ...what am i doing wrong

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin f5d7633 and virgin ...what am i doing wrong

Old 10-04-2008, 19:11   #1
kris
Inactive

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin f5d7633 and virgin ...what am i doing wrong

Hi,

Have had a belkin router (f5d7633) for 2 years with plus net with no issues. Just moved house and got virgin XL and cable modem to laptop works with no issues (no authentication required no problem). When I connect the belkin ...I ask virgin what settings are required ...get a vague answer back from support .... put as little as you can in the boxes ....

In the attached xls there are 3 tabs .... ipconfig shows the ethenet cable giving me a 82.44.19.22 (on which I am talking to you) and also the working wireless network.

When i try ipconfig /release and /renew after removing the ethernet cable from laptop and connecting the belkin to the scientific atlanta 2100 cable router .....and after trying most versions of turn off everything ...then start router (after 10mins and coffee) ...... start belking ...then start pc ...nothing ......

Have raised a call with belkin and will call virgin again ....but thought it prudent to stick a request out to the experts first ..... maybe there is some schoolboy error here ..... ?

I have tried changing the ip of the belkin to something more akin to the virgin ip address that I get but that didnt work ...... any suggestions
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2008, 19:35   #2
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby
Re: Belkin f5d7633 and virgin ...what am i doing wrong

The router you have is for ADSL. You need a Cable router.
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 20:38   #3
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles
Re: Belkin f5d7633 and virgin ...what am i doing wrong

Yes definitely the wrong router you have ADSL when you require DSL check out PC WORLD link for compatible routers.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&show_all=true