Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who General Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2013, 21:57   #211
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Doctor Who : Season 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzizname View Post
That's it till November and the 50th anniversary episode..
bugger,not sure i like this splitting seasons in 2 malarky ,just start getting into it and it finishes for months

Advertisement
Old 18-05-2013, 22:06   #212
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

This was the second half of the series that aired last year. So what we're waiting for now is the new series/anniversary special.
Old 18-05-2013, 22:19   #213
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
This was the second half of the series that aired last year. So what we're waiting for now is the new series/anniversary special.
thats what i mean,i prefer seeing the whole season in one go rather than split in 2

Old 18-05-2013, 22:38   #214
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Ah, I read it wrong. I thought you meant the episodes airing later this year was the second batch of the ones that just aired.
Old 19-05-2013, 11:39   #215
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

I'll be the voice of dissent here. It may be well made, but the plotline has now become so intricate, complex, convoluted (and a lot of other big words) that I now have no idea what is going on. If you need a manual to decipher a TV show, it's stopped being something enjoyable. I'm all for intelligent TV shows rather than dumbing everything down, but given Dr Who was always supposed to be about family audiences, I do wonder how many of the family actually get it anymore?
Old 19-05-2013, 11:50   #216
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'll be the voice of dissent here. It may be well made, but the plotline has now become so intricate, complex, convoluted (and a lot of other big words) that I now have no idea what is going on. If you need a manual to decipher a TV show, it's stopped being something enjoyable. I'm all for intelligent TV shows rather than dumbing everything down, but given Dr Who was always supposed to be about family audiences, I do wonder how many of the family actually get it anymore?
I don't think it's especially intelligent, more just random stuff happening.
Old 19-05-2013, 12:19   #217
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think it's especially intelligent, more just random stuff happening.
This. I think there's very little plot. There's just a random rabbit that gets pulled out towards the end that makes everything alright again. There's very little to suggest that this rabbit is any better than another random one.
Old 19-05-2013, 14:10   #218
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Interesting that the Valeyard was mentioned. Technically he's not the Doctor; he's an amalgam of the darker sides of the twelfth and thirteenth incarnations, created by the Master.

And they've pulled a potential blinder getting John Hurt; he wouldn't have struck me as an obvious choice, but I think he can pull it off.

And who, really, is River Song? What the hell is she to the Doctor? Why did he tell her his name?

Is he going to confirm at some point that he was one of the three Time Lords (in conjunction with Rassilon and Omega) who originally created the Time Travel facility, as was hinted at in the novelisation and deleted scenes of Rememberance Of The Daleks?

Where does all this leave Clara?
Old 19-05-2013, 15:06   #219
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Is he going to confirm at some point that he was one of the three Time Lords (in conjunction with Rassilon and Omega) who originally created the Time Travel facility, as was hinted at in the novelisation and deleted scenes of Rememberance Of The Daleks?
No he isn't. The current production team have not bought in to the 'Cartmel Masterplan' and have already directly contradicted it at least once off the top of my head.

It never appeared on screen in the original show so they're not bound to it in any way.
Old 19-05-2013, 15:17   #220
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
And who, really, is River Song? What the hell is she to the Doctor? Why did he tell her his name?
He said she was his wife (something previously hinted at). Or do you think there's more to it than that?
Old 20-05-2013, 14:44   #221
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
He said she was his wife (something previously hinted at). Or do you think there's more to it than that?
She is his wife, Amelia Pond & Rory Williams' daughter.

(A good man goes to war) ("The Wedding of River Song'')

There's no more to it now, The Doctor may still meet her yet again in 'the wrong order' but that's about it. So basically they can still have her pop up due to the above but I doub't there's any more to her story.

John Hurt is likely the 9th Doctor and the one that killed the Timelords before Regenerating into Christopher Eccleston
Old 20-05-2013, 14:52   #222
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

So are we ignoring Paul McGann here?
Old 20-05-2013, 15:01   #223
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
So are we ignoring Paul McGann here?
Paul McGann > John Hurt > Christopher Eccleston

John Hurt is an incarnation but not The Doctor so to speak, he killed the timelords which is probably what broke his promise to the name of 'The Doctor' a huge thing that doesn't just go away. He regenerated into Eccleston
and I assume the memories were erased or he was kept secret (The Doctor's secret)
Old 20-05-2013, 16:35   #224
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Paul McGann > John Hurt > Christopher Eccleston

John Hurt is an incarnation but not The Doctor so to speak, he killed the timelords which is probably what broke his promise to the name of 'The Doctor' a huge thing that doesn't just go away. He regenerated into Eccleston
and I assume the memories were erased or he was kept secret (The Doctor's secret)
Stolen a copy of the 50th anniversary script, have you?

Exactly where Hurt fits in, we don't know. What we can infer from what was broadcast is that he is a past regeneration of the Time Lord who we watch on TV from week to week, but he is a regeneration that The Doctor refuses to acknowledge, because of something he did that he finds abhorrent.

Where he fits in, we do not know. He may have ended the Time War. He may have done something that prompted the Doctor to flee Gallifrey. He may be The Other, or a variation on that character, who was intended to be introduced in the late 80s before the show was cancelled.

Interestingly, however, if he is an incarnation of the Time Lord we call the Dcotor, that individual no longer has two regenerations left, but one. Probably.
Old 20-05-2013, 16:46   #225
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Interestingly, however, if he is an incarnation of the Time Lord we call the Dcotor, that individual no longer has two regenerations left, but one. Probably.
Although, I bet they'll say the counter got reset / extended after River gave up her regenerations to save the Doctor