Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't use belkin router with virgin superhub in modem mode

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can't use belkin router with virgin superhub in modem mode

Old 23-07-2015, 13:57   #1
Thelankeygamer
Inactive

Thelankeygamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't use belkin router with virgin superhub in modem mode

I have put my virgin superhub 1 into modem mode , and when I use the one port which it asks me to use , I plug it into the the belkin f9k1010 and the internet works , but the connection drops in and out every 2mins , is there any settings which I can enable to prevent this , its really frustrating thank you

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

If anybody knows please help
Thelankeygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2015, 14:47   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Can't use belkin router with virgin superhub in modem mode

Patience dear boy.

Are you able to try another router? You need to see whch half of the setup is dropping out though I'm not aware of this issue on the superhubs. Which version do you have?

And welcome to the forum.
Old 23-07-2015, 15:25   #3
Carlos Carboni

Are your conecting your PC to the Belkin with a cable or via wifi?

Does the connection drops when connecting via wifi? how many bars is the signal?
Old 23-07-2015, 15:44   #4
Thelankeygamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Carboni View Post
Are your conecting your PC to the Belkin with a cable or via wifi?

Does the connection drops when connecting via wifi? how many bars is the signal?
I have a wired connection from my belkin to my PC , and I also have a wired connection from my belkin to my xbox , and I notice that the connection drops on both my xbox and PC at the same time , I have also tried disconnecting my belkin and plugging in the ethernet cable directly from my superhub 1 ( in modem mode into the computer and the connection seems to be fine and dosent drop out. This makes me think that the belkin router is the problem , or there is a setting like something to do with the DCHP allocation or something on the belkin router ?

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Patience dear boy.

Are you able to try another router? You need to see whch half of the setup is dropping out though I'm not aware of this issue on the superhubs. Which version do you have?

And welcome to the forum.
I am unable to try another router , but the internet dosent drop out when I am in normal router mode on the superhub , but as soon as I put the superhub into modem mode and pit the belkin on , the internet drops out , So this makes me think it is the belkin
Old 23-07-2015, 16:39   #5
Carlos Carboni

It's difficult to guess what's the problem. Is the DHCP server on ? (on the Belkin)

Which superhub do you have?

Superhub 2ac should be better than the Belkin. What's the reason of using the Belkin router?

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Phone VM and ask them to send you a superhub 2ac and get rid of the Belkin.
Old 23-07-2015, 17:04   #6
Thelankeygamer
Inactive

Quote:
It's difficult to guess what's the problem. Is the DHCP server on ? (on the Belkin)

Superhub 2ac should be better than the Belkin. What's the reason of using the Belkin router?

The reason is , becuase the belkin router lets you change your ip adress because you can spoof the mac address , becuase im a livestremer , i need the ability to be able to do this , because i get ddossed sometimes
Old 23-07-2015, 17:06   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelankeygamer View Post
...but as soon as I put the superhub into modem mode and pit the belkin on , the internet drops out , So this makes me think it is the belkin
In which case, could you not just run it in normal mode ?

Is there some specific reason you need to run it in modem mode ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 17:39   #8
Thelankeygamer
Inactive

Quote:

Also when i use this setting - http://gyazo.com/57958dd90d3fd9e531145917e9f5f3d4 , it lets me connect to the internet but i drop connection every 1min or so , but if i use this - http://gyazo.com/a313c0cb8df4e916b7cd1d49d62c7fd1 , the connection is fine , but it dosent allow me to change my ip

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
In which case, could you not just run it in normal mode ?

Is there some specific reason you need to run it in modem mode ?
Its becuase this router lets me change , and clone the mac address which lets me change my ip , this is needed becauase im a live streamer , and get ddossed

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

If anybody can help me fix this , i will be willing to donate some money

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

If anybody could help me fix this i would be willing to give you a littile bit off money over paypal
Old 23-07-2015, 18:08   #9
Carlos Carboni

Virgin Media IP addresses are pretty sticky, in my area, it is next to impossible to change it. But, call VM, ask them to change it and they will, because you are ddosed....

Saying that, I believe that you are having problems, because they detect your xbox's MAC address and they disconnect you. You can solve this

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thre...dress.1189189/

I am not an xbox expert. So somebody else might come and offer different/better solution.
Old 24-07-2015, 03:37   #10
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

A Belkin router playing up Do you powercycle both modem and router after mac cloning in dynamic mode? Have you tried a hard reset on the Belkin unit? Have you tried updating the Belkin routers firmware*? Can you not get hold of another router to test as suggested by heero_yuy ?

*Be sure to match up models including version 1 or 2.

If the Belkin router is faulty and you have brought the Belkin unit within the last 2 years then return to Belkin for a replacement.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote