Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Chairman Richard Sharp resigns

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

BBC Chairman Richard Sharp resigns

Old 28-04-2023, 21:41   #31
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: BBC Chairman Richard Sharp resigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
A bank?
Even then, the bank as a legal entity needs someone to approve it. Why through a middle man rather than if Johnson approached them directly?

It’s grubby Seph. You are better than this.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2023, 21:59   #32
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Even then, the bank as a legal entity needs someone to approve it. Why through a middle man rather than if Johnson approached them directly?

It’s grubby Seph. You are better than this.

The grubby bit is Sharp's appointment by Boris, given the £800K business.

The rest is pure speculation when the obvious route is staring you in the face.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2023, 22:16   #33
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

The grubby bit is Sharp's appointment by Boris, given the £800K business.

The rest is pure speculation when the obvious route is staring you in the face.
The only thing obvious is that the Prime Minister of this country was a credit risk!
Old 28-04-2023, 22:27   #34
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The only thing obvious is that the Prime Minister of this country was a credit risk!
Glad you're coming round to my way of thinking.

Old 28-04-2023, 22:33   #35
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Glad you're coming round to my way of thinking.
They’re not contradictory positions.

If nobody will lend him money commercially - despite an illustrious career in politics, journalism and television - then a middle man and/or guarantor isn’t doing that out the goodness of their hearts.
Old 28-04-2023, 22:44   #36
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
They’re not contradictory positions.

If nobody will lend him money commercially - despite an illustrious career in politics, journalism and television - then a middle man and/or guarantor isn’t doing that out the goodness of their hearts.

Absolutely right.

Old 29-04-2023, 11:45   #37
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
I'm definitely not blinkered. The current government is crap. The corruption in this instance lies with Boris, who has no scruples and is a serial liar.

As to "my team", the principal ministers I like are Braverman, Wallace, Keegan.

As to "the integrity left in the Conservative Party" - I am that soldier.

The positioning of integrity and Braverman in the same response I think proves the point being made. The women is a Goebbels wannabe and certified moron. If you think she represents your values, and the country's, then you may need a rethink.
Old 29-04-2023, 12:21   #38
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm definitely not blinkered. The current government is crap. The corruption in this instance lies with Boris, who has no scruples and is a serial liar.

As to "my team", the principal ministers I like are Braverman, Wallace, Keegan.

As to "the integrity left in the Conservative Party" - I am that soldier.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

There you go, running with the group think - and well OTT. I'd bet that the Tory Party is heavily loaded with decent people who are horrified by what the government has done in their name.
But you still allow the incompetent incumbents to keep standing come election time. Maybe we have different interpretations of integrity?
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2023, 12:38   #39
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
The positioning of integrity and Braverman in the same response I think proves the point being made. The women is a Goebbels wannabe and certified moron. If you think she represents your values, and the country's, then you may need a rethink.
You are too blinkered to accord any credit to any Tory minister.

Your sickness is clearly shown in your comment that I've highlighted. You've done precisely what Goebbels did in describing people he didn't like.

I suppose you used the term "Goebbels" because you think that Braverman is victimising poor defenceless people (the ones I call illegal migrants). I and the country at large want these illegal migrants and the associated trafficking stopped. If you don't want this, then it is you that needs a rethink.

All the above said, it was right for Sharp to resign and wrong that he was appointed in the first place.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
But you still allow the incompetent incumbents to keep standing come election time. Maybe we have different interpretations of integrity?

I don't "allow" anything - all of that is out of my hands and influence. I voted Conservative out of political conviction, not knowing how badly they'd screw up.

I am a Conservative with integrity - challenge (and justify) that if you wish.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 29-04-2023 at 12:34. Reason: typo
Old 30-04-2023, 16:30   #40
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
You are too blinkered to accord any credit to any Tory minister.

Your sickness is clearly shown in your comment that I've highlighted. You've done precisely what Goebbels did in describing people he didn't like.

I suppose you used the term "Goebbels" because you think that Braverman is victimising poor defenceless people (the ones I call illegal migrants). I and the country at large want these illegal migrants and the associated trafficking stopped. If you don't want this, then it is you that needs a rethink.

All the above said, it was right for Sharp to resign and wrong that he was appointed in the first place.

Just to be clear, and to correct your deliberate misrepresentation, I am not "describing people [plural] I do not like". Rather, I am describing a person [singular] I do not like.

Comparing Braverman to the 1930 Germany is not my claim, it is the claim of an actual Holocaust survivor who said:

Quote:
“Now, when I hear you using words against refugees like ‘swarms’ and an ‘invasion’, I am reminded of the language used to dehumanise and justify the murder of my family, and millions of others.

“Why do you find the need to use that kind of language.”
Same tactic, different century. We used to be a compassionate nation but this Government, with its hateful gaslighting of the reality of Asylum Seeking in the UK, is turning us into a spiteful, insular shadow of our former selves.

The deliberate action of not providing legal routes to claim asylum from Sudan, Syria, etc. and then labelling people who are forced to travel by sea "illegal" is a sinister play and is designed to manipulate the gullible. The people who you should be worrying about arriving in this country do not arrive on small boats, they arrive on private jets.
Old 01-05-2023, 20:29   #41
Sephiroth
Simples

Two cartoons:

1. Of Richard Sharp, in the Grauniad (now withdrawn);
2. Of Sharp's kinsmen promoted by the Nazis.

See any similarity? Shocking that journalism in the UK has come to this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grauniad.jpg (92.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 9fbd30a4-4d90-4de1-aa50-e1fd01ee0818.jpg (80.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-05-2023 at 20:30. Reason: typo