Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 16-12-2021, 11:34   #1021
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

reasoned is not always the same as reasonable

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Not as much as one certain poster on here who is know for being Really Chronic for such behaviour.

As a side note they’re also well known for it on Digital Spy - I know one of the mods and this person is a often a thorn in the side for testing the patience of their team by posting the same kind of thing regularly.
yeah I understand but it only becomes a problem because the individual allows to it get to them. As I said it can just be ignored or with a little humility accepted.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2021, 11:35   #1022
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Very true, but can easily/equally apply to either of both sides of a discussion. Something often missed when doling out the threats of legal action etc.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 11:39   #1023
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

yeah I understand but it only becomes a problem because the individual allows to it get to them. As I said it can just be ignored or with a little humility accepted.
It's also a reasonable reply.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 11:41   #1024
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
It becomes a problem when the poster posts provocative comments then threatens legal action (laughable) when anyone disagrees with them in any way.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 11:45   #1025
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Very true, but can easily/equally apply to either of both sides of a discussion. Something often missed when doling out the threats of legal action etc.
oh most definitely. I think the issues most desperately to get addressed though are those that cause real harm. I think those subjected should be kindly encouraged to report it to the site owners and the site owners obligated to investigate and where serious offences committed pass information forward.

When teenaged and push so far they feel so desperate they kill themselves then I am sure everyone on this forum agrees something needs to be done

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Quote:
It becomes a problem when the poster posts provocative comments then threatens legal action (laughable) when anyone disagrees with them in any way.
and you by posting this are targeting them. 2 wrongs do not make a right

This topic is a huge and important one yet no matter who is to blame it has turned into an Arthur is wrong everyone else is right thread

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
It's also a reasonable reply.
in your opinion

By belittling my opinion by calling it laughable I therefore disagree with your opinion that it was reasonable
Old 16-12-2021, 11:48   #1026
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

So pointing out someone’s antisocial behaviour and silly threats of legal bullying is “targeting them”?

Have I got that right?

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 16-12-2021 at 11:54.
Old 16-12-2021, 12:02   #1027
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
oh most definitely. I think the issues most desperately to get addressed though are those that cause real harm. I think those subjected should be kindly encouraged to report it to the site owners and the site owners obligated to investigate and where serious offences committed pass information forward.

When teenaged and push so far they feel so desperate they kill themselves then I am sure everyone on this forum agrees something needs to be done

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

This topic is a huge and important one yet no matter who is to blame it has turned into an Arthur is wrong everyone else is right thread

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

in your opinion

By belittling my opinion by calling it laughable I therefore disagree with your opinion that it was reasonable
Which is fine, until people try and take that opinion away from you.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 12:06   #1028
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
So pointing out someone’s antisocial behaviour and silly threats of legal bullying is “targeting them”?

Have I got that right?
yes pretty much.

If you were in Tesco and someone with Tourette's starting swearing at you saying obscene things would that be antisocial behaviour or a symptom of their disability ?
Old 16-12-2021, 12:11   #1029
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
yes pretty much.

If you were in Tesco and someone with Tourette's starting swearing at you saying obscene things would that be antisocial behaviour or a symptom of their disability ?
How would I know they had Tourette’s?

How would I know for certain that they’re not just milking it as an excuse? Genuine questions.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-12-2021, 12:16   #1030
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
How would I know they had Tourette’s?

How would I know for certain that they’re not just milking it as an excuse? Genuine questions.
As far as I am aware those with Tourette’s exibit a visible tick when they are having an episode

You are not to know but if you were to know the person had a disability one would make allowances knowing they have the issue

Say for example a close relative of yours who you know suffers from severe anxiety. You invited them to your birthday party and they said they were coming. Then on the day they did not show up. Would you see it as a slight or call them and make sure they are ok? The difference being you would have some form of understanding of the persons issues.
Old 16-12-2021, 12:23   #1031
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
As far as I am aware those with Tourette’s exibit a visible tick when they are having an episode
And you don’t think such a ‘tick’ can be copied by anyone?

Quote:

You are not to know but if you were to know the person had a disability one would make allowances knowing they have the issue
If I knew someone had such a disability, you’re right, I would make allowances.

But nobody on CF knows if anyone else has a disability for certain.

But either way, disability or not, I will not stand by and allow legal threats to go unanswered.

Let me tell you something. I’ve been part of this forum for 18 years (not so much the last 5 or so as I’ve been side tracked) and in all that time I can assure you that a grand total of zero people have accused me of bullying anyone.

If I had then I’m sure the mods/admins would have a chat with me.

No such chat has ever taken place.

I’m not bullying or targeting anyone unless it can be proven they have a “disability” or whatever as you say.

My inbox is open to any such evidence if anybody feels inclined to send it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-12-2021, 12:26   #1032
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

What if your partner or wife (or someone on social media) posts a photo of themselves and asks if their arse look big and God forbid you give an honest answer of 'yeah it does, it's huge' and they don't like the answer is that being abusive or reasonable?

It applies to everything when it comes to social media, if you put yourself out there then expect negative comments, if you don't like it, don't put yourself in that position. Same applies to certain people on here.
Old 16-12-2021, 12:27   #1033
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
And you don’t think such a ‘tick’ can be copied by anyone?

If I knew someone had such a disability, you’re right, I would make allowances.

But nobody on CF knows if anyone else has a disability for certain.

But either way, disability or not, I will not stand by and allow legal threats to go unanswered.

Let me tell you something. I’ve been part of this forum for 18 years (not so much the last 5 or so as I’ve been side tracked) and in all that time I can assure you that a grand total of zero people have accused me of bullying anyone.

If I had then I’m sure the mods/admins would have a chat with me.

No such chat has ever taken place.

I’m not bullying or targeting anyone unless it can be proven they have a “disability” or whatever as you say.

My inbox is open to any such evidence if anybody feels inclined to send it.

Well I for one would give the benefit of doubt. I understand peoples frustration. Even a mother sometimes gets frustrated with a crying baby, but she still carries love and kindness in her heart.

I try to carry love and kindness in mine. But same as everyone else get things wrong sometimes.
Old 16-12-2021, 12:30   #1034
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Well I for one would give the benefit of doubt. I understand peoples frustration. Even a mother sometimes gets frustrated with a crying baby, but she still carries love and kindness in her heart.

I try to carry love and kindness in mine. But same as everyone else get things wrong sometimes.
Such innocence is rarely found these days. It’s almost quaint.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-12-2021, 12:40   #1035
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Such innocence is rarely found these days. It’s almost quaint.
I am not innocent, I have done and seen terrible things. But I have grown and changed