Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 17-02-2022, 12:19   #256
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Do we now know why Ideal World sold Create & Craft?

Investor buys Ideal World shopping channel

Asset management firm Aurelius Equity Opportunities has sold the home shopping channel Ideal World to the investor Hamish Morjaria.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...medium=twitter
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2022, 18:01   #257
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Do we now know why Ideal World sold Create & Craft?

Investor buys Ideal World shopping channel

Asset management firm Aurelius Equity Opportunities has sold the home shopping channel Ideal World to the investor Hamish Morjaria.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...medium=twitter
The private equity business decided that running it as it was wasn't worthwhile still being invested and decided to asset strip, which is pretty normal for private equity companies because they can't be bothered making a go of businesses and just see them as way to make more money from selling off bits separately. So many businesses get destroyed to make money for little effort. Private equity companies often load them up with debt too.

RXTVlog seem to think this too.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/ideal-worl...ff-to-investor
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 12:46   #258
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Liz Truss: “Ofcom is looking into RT”

The UK’s foreign secretary Liz Truss has invited Ofcom to look into RT’s content over the Russian invasion of Ukraine, an issue the watchdog views as a “priority”.

https://www.tvbeurope.com/business/l...ooking-into-rt
Old 25-02-2022, 21:17   #259
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Look like Shopping Quarter is set to become know as HobbyMaker on Freeview

Source: Ofcom/UK Terrestrial TV
Update Hobby Maker has confirmed on it Facebook page at Hobby Maker will launch on March 2nd from 1pm to 6pm - Times base on my Freeview HD TV Set.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Hobby Maker will also launch on March 2nd on Sky Channel 670.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyMakerTV
Old 25-02-2022, 23:57   #260
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Update Hobby Maker has confirmed on it Facebook page at Hobby Maker will launch on March 2nd from 1pm to 6pm - Times base on my Freeview HD TV Set.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Hobby Maker will also launch on March 2nd on Sky Channel 670.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyMakerTV
Bizarre. "Launch"?! It's already a 24hr channel on Freeview, since it's recent rebrand from Shopping Quarter. And the Sky part is just a rebrand of the, hardly been around long, Gemporia Craft. Marketing departments don't half come up with a lot of misleading rubbish.
Old 26-02-2022, 13:18   #261
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

@cheekyangus

I see a old Create & Craft (own by Ideal World) slot on Channel 95 is still broadcasting as of 10am today.

So much for rumour of it Channel slot deal being up as of Midnight last night.

I feel that Create & Craft merge with The Craft Store was down to the old Create & Craft slot being up on March 1st but The Craft Store owners did not want to move Create & Craft things out of Ideal World HQ to their own HQ on a Sunday Night.
Old 26-02-2022, 14:57   #262
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
@cheekyangus

I see a old Create & Craft (own by Ideal World) slot on Channel 95 is still broadcasting as of 10am today.

So much for rumour of it Channel slot deal being up as of Midnight last night.

I feel that Create & Craft merge with The Craft Store was down to the old Create & Craft slot being up on March 1st but The Craft Store owners did not want to move Create & Craft things out of Ideal World HQ to their own HQ on a Sunday Night.
The impression given by some was that 25th was two years from the C&C contract starting, apparently based on when it launched. I can't say I ever looked into it, it felt like 2 years so I never questioned it.

The photo slate on Ch95 changed to a big Back Soon-type message in the evening yesterday, so you've got to wonder what's happening. Some on DS satellite forums were under impression Craft Extra was going to continue, and I saw a tweet from one of the presenters posted yesterday of him and another presenter in front of a Craft Extra logo with a Sky channel number, but I'm not sure what's going on on Freeview, unless Extra is going to continue on one of those late night slots that are empty on some streams, with the intention of providing coverage the rest of the time via IP.

And on the subject of the latter form of delivery, on my TV The Craft Store/new Craft & Create has had 24 hours data before this merger, and doesn't have an off-air slate. I think I read somewhere, probably RXTV, that they would be using IP for out-of-hours provision, so that could explain the 24 hours EPG data. Schedule data for the IP-only channels shows on Freeview TVs, even though they're not connected, it's not too much of a stretch to think that it's likely true for those that mix broadcast and IP too.
Old 26-02-2022, 17:48   #263
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The impression given by some was that 25th was two years from the C&C contract starting, apparently based on when it launched. I can't say I ever looked into it, it felt like 2 years so I never questioned it.

The photo slate on Ch95 changed to a big Back Soon-type message in the evening yesterday, so you've got to wonder what's happening. Some on DS satellite forums were under impression Craft Extra was going to continue, and I saw a tweet from one of the presenters posted yesterday of him and another presenter in front of a Craft Extra logo with a Sky channel number, but I'm not sure what's going on on Freeview, unless Extra is going to continue on one of those late night slots that are empty on some streams, with the intention of providing coverage the rest of the time via IP.

And on the subject of the latter form of delivery, on my TV The Craft Store/new Craft & Create has had 24 hours data before this merger, and doesn't have an off-air slate. I think I read somewhere, probably RXTV, that they would be using IP for out-of-hours provision, so that could explain the 24 hours EPG data. Schedule data for the IP-only channels shows on Freeview TVs, even though they're not connected, it's not too much of a stretch to think that it's likely true for those that mix broadcast and IP too.
DS Forum is reporting that Craft Extra at 10am, 11am and 2pm was broadcasting today on Sky using The Craft Store but "Martin" did reveal on Facebook live yesterday that Craft Extra* will only be broadcasting "for a few weeks"

-To see Facebook live in full: To go "Create & Craft TV" and you will find video posted on Feb. 25th at 10.01 then play video.

*Look The Craft Store is just broadcasting to sell all "end of line stock" at Create and Craft did buy to sell on channel when Ideal World own them.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 26-02-2022 at 18:04.
Old 27-02-2022, 17:18   #264
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

COM4, COM5 and COM6 - Can broadcast up to 18 (24 hours) stream - if they want too:

Right now

COM4 - 17 SD streams
-Create and Craft Extra is using one stream

COM5 - 16 SD streams
COM6 - 16 SD streams

Due to Create and Craft Extra closing down last week.

Up to SIX (24 hours) streams are up for broadcasters to launch on Freeview or channels moving from a soon to close COM7 (by June 2022)

-Talk TV (Channel to launch by June)
-W (Rumour only)

The following is broadcasting on COM7 right now (COM7 to close by June)

-FreeSports
-Quest Red+1
-Now 80s
-More4+1
-PBS America+1
-That's TV (UK)
-Forces TV
Old 27-02-2022, 20:12   #265
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

There's not really a number limit on the video streams, it just depends on what quality is deemed acceptable to the buyers. They could fill it with 100s of thumbnail video streams if they wanted to.

And the non-PSB multiplexes are all carrying a mixture of other services, they aren't carrying identical loads.

COM4 has 3 radio stations, 5 IP services & 2 "teletext" dating services.
COM5 has 5 radio stations.
COM6 has 9 radio stations.

It can't be assumed there's going to be 18 on each when they are differently loaded up currently.

Different content requires different space, you can get away with lower space usage for shopping channels and rolling news as their content is often static or slow moving imagery. They have to balance the multiplexes and mix channel types of different types of content. Remember the problems when all the BBC channels had the same content simultaneously when they were all transmitting the same coverage of Prince Philip's death. They had to shut a few channel services down because the channels had the same data transmission peaks and it affected the entire multiplex.

Freesports needs more space because of the content it shows if it's going to be watchable, the other SD services on the soon-to-close COM7 don't really need as much.
Old 28-02-2022, 00:32   #266
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

TVB Europe: European Union bans RT

In an unprecedented step, the European Union has announced it is banning both RT and Sputnik from broadcasting in the bloc.

https://www.tvbeurope.com/business/e...-union-bans-rt

Q: Will RT stop broadcasting in Freeview HD?
A: It will be up to OFCOM on what to do next with RT Broadcasting in the UK.
But if Freeview use Astra (a Luxembourg based company) to broadcast RT and RT HD* on Freeview HD it viewers may also be no longer be able to watch both RT and RT HD.

*RT HD is set to close on Freeview HD by June 2022 anyway.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 28-02-2022 at 00:35.
Old 28-02-2022, 13:51   #267
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I can confirm Craft Extra (Freeview Channel 95) is NOT broadcasting a same thing as The Craft Channel on (Sky Channel 673).

Quote:
DS Forum is reporting that Craft Extra at 10am, 11am and 2pm was broadcasting today on Sky using The Craft Store on Sky Channel 673 but "Martin" did reveal on Facebook live yesterday that Craft Extra* will only be broadcasting "for a few weeks".
Old 28-02-2022, 17:06   #268
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I can confirm Craft Extra (Freeview Channel 95) is NOT broadcasting a same thing as The Craft Channel on (Sky Channel 673).
Don't think that really needed confirming since there's been a slate since the evening of the 25th saying "BE BACK SOON PLEASE STAND BY THANK YOU" in big white capital letters on a dark blue background on Ch95.
Old 28-02-2022, 21:32   #269
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
TVB Europe: European Union bans RT

In an unprecedented step, the European Union has announced it is banning both RT and Sputnik from broadcasting in the bloc.

https://www.tvbeurope.com/business/e...-union-bans-rt

Q: Will RT stop broadcasting in Freeview HD?
A: It will be up to OFCOM on what to do next with RT Broadcasting in the UK.
But if Freeview use Astra (a Luxembourg based company) to broadcast RT and RT HD* on Freeview HD it viewers may also be no longer be able to watch both RT and RT HD.

*RT HD is set to close on Freeview HD by June 2022 anyway.
The EU can switch off Hotbird & Eutelsat feeds. But RT UK is based in Millbank. The Russian feed passes through this facility as there is a UK opt-out. This is fed out to Chilworth & uplinked to Astra where it is output on Europe wide beams. So, the EU would have to ask the UK to switch off OUR feed? Gets more interesting by the minute. The Freeview feed also comes from Millbank for obvious reasons.

Last edited by nodrogd; 28-02-2022 at 21:46.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 13:55   #270
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

So is the upshot of this that RT could continue here using only UK provided content?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote