Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

[GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Old 24-03-2011, 15:35   #226
taylorig
Inactive

Services: VM Basic TV/30Mbit BB/Phone
taylorig is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Has anyone had any luck with port forwarding on the DIR-615 and DD-WRT?

At the moment i'm using a D4 revision but i've also got a D1 and a D2 and none of them seem to accept any port forwarding at all. I've tried loads of versions of the DD-WRT firmware and still not one of them has worked

Basically i am trying to open port 22565 for a small Minecraft server for a friend and i. I use this site to check if my ports are open http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and not a single port is open. I have even treid with DMZ enabled which is supposed to open every available port. But yep you guessed it. That doesn't work also!

I've been on the DD-WRT forums and searched until i'm sick of searching. I have also posted on there and not one reply...

Please if there is anyone that knows of a definitive version of the DD-WRT that actual works with port forwarding i would be most greatful of any help.
taylorig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2011, 00:45   #227
riccojames
Inactive

riccojames is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

DLINK 615 DD-WRT
Router ModelDlink-DIR615 rev d
Firmware VersionDD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311

Working really well on my router, thanks VM.

I was looking at this to primarily restrict use of wireless devices that can access the network and the time... works perfectly.

Thanx all.
riccojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 16:15   #228
tm1210
Inactive

tm1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just waiting on my DIR-615 arriving anyway now and can't wait to have a crack at upgrading to ddwrt. One thing I've noticed compared to some other guides is no talk of Hex editors to change the firmware. Am I missing something or is this uncalled for?
tm1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 13:44   #229
bizarre_opinion
Inactive

bizarre_opinion is an unknown quantity at this point

Upgraded to 50mb yesterday, everything is working well wired, but getting unstable speeds through wifi. My router is the d-link 615, firmware dd-wrt Build 16454. I have tried a couple of the earlier builds with the same result. Any help will be hugely appreciated, cheers.
bizarre_opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 13:31   #230
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm1210 View Post
One thing I've noticed compared to some other guides is no talk of Hex editors to change the firmware. Am I missing something or is this uncalled for?
No need to do any hex editing any more. The first time you install DD-WRT, you have to use the factory-webflash file, e.g. dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin, and you can install this via D-Link's own firmware GUI or failing that the Emergency Room. Once you've got DD-WRT installed, you just need to install the webflash file via DD-WRT's GUI to upgrade and downgrade the build, e.g. dir615d-ddwrt-webflash.bin. The usual procedures apply, such as it's best to reset the router to default before changing the firmware and then power cycling it once the firmware is installed.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 01:42   #231
chambohambo
cf.addict

chambohambo is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest version

09-04-11-r16785

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...-09-11-r16785/
chambohambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 03:59   #232
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

ddwrt has been poorer since the end of 14xxx.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 12:43   #233
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
ddwrt has been poorer since the end of 14xxx.
Well thankfully you can flash older builds too.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 16:41   #234
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
Well thankfully you can flash older builds too.
yeah you can, although me saying poor is my personal opinion but all the 15xxx and 16xxx builds have wireless issues having trouble working at 300mbit, a few 16xxx builds had all ethernet ports broken O_o, also reports of some long standing features not working properly in 15xxx and up, of course all these builds are beta, I think the last stable one is 13xxx something, and the reccomended build I think is currently 14929 the one I am on now.
Old 28-04-2011, 00:39   #235
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
me saying poor is my personal opinion but all the 15xxx and 16xxx builds have wireless issues having trouble working at 300mbit
I've read that this isn't a fault with DD-WRT and that DD-WRT is in fact performing to spec.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2011, 00:59   #236
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

yeah I read the same nevertherless to spec isnt always the best thing.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:32   #237
cookster
Inactive

cookster is on a distinguished roadcookster is on a distinguished road

Anyone help? I'm using 16214 and my xbox 360 can't see my network even though I'm using SSID Broadcast.

Don't think it's a firmware issue as my 3 laptops can see no problem?
cookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 20:28   #238
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

hi could someone please give me a link for the latest firmware for the d-link 615 D2 with 1.00vg firmware .I have rooted through this thread but there is so much conflicting info it is very confusing as to which link to pick

Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 21:35   #239
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I think this is the latest version.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSla...dlink-dir615d/

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 12:27   #240
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Do DD-WRT post any change logs?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote