Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 04-05-2022, 13:15   #376
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Company directors home addresses are public information. Anyone can look them up at Companies House if they wish. You are not breaching any privacy by linking to information that is in the public domain so you really shouldn’t worry about linking to bankruptcy paperwork if you think it illustrates the point you’re making.
It was home address of workers who Presenter on both Ideal World and Create and Craft for when ISD own them.

Even ISD ex owners wants £1,558,862,00.

On top of share their took when selling Idea World Freeview channel number to swap with TJC.

Selling Create and Create to Hochanda.
Selling Ideal World to Ideal World LTD.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2022, 14:04   #377
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
It was home address of workers who Presenter on both Ideal World and Create and Craft for when ISD own them.

Even ISD ex owners wants £1,558,862,00.

On top of share their took when selling Idea World Freeview channel number to swap with TJC.

Selling Create and Create to Hochanda.
Selling Ideal World to Ideal World LTD.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/the-abando...eeview-channel
That can only mean they had a stake in the company. Even if they didn’t, if they’re being named in any sort of court document then that information is public domain and you really don’t need to be worrying about it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 14:11   #378
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That can only mean they had a stake in the company. Even if they didn’t, if they’re being named in any sort of court document then that information is public domain and you really don’t need to be worrying about it.
OK - Starting form page 58 out of 108.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...cc88c59aecd31b
Old 04-05-2022, 17:28   #379
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Though of interest this isn't Freeview Changes, could you not have started another thread and put a link in this one?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 18:15   #380
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Ideal Shopping Direct in administration: TV Highlights so far:

-On January 6th 2022 Ideal World sold their Freeview EPG slot (Channel 22) to Shop TJC Limited to swap with TJC (Channel 51) for £7m.

-On January 10th 2022 Ideal World sold Create & Craft Hochanda for up to £2.75m.

-On February 8th 2022 Ideal World was sold to Ideal World Limited for £630.000.

-On February 21st 2022 Ideal Shopping Direct was put in administration.

-No information on what will happen to Freeview Channel 95.

What do Ideal Shopping Direct in administration owe to Media/TV World?

-Arqiva - £133,363,00.
-BSkyB Ltd (Sky UK Ltd) - £33,200,00.
-BT - £1,603,00.
-Comux UK Ltd (Local Mux) - £37,943,00.
-ITV PLC - £209,515,00.
-Virgin Media - £590,072,00.
Quote:
More to add to that list:

-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.
-SDN Ltd (AKA COM4) - £350,000,00.
-STV Central LTD - 29,105,00

Base on paperwork I have seen ISD is in debt to 497 of Creditors (Workers and other company's.)

I am not posting a link to it online as a list has got some home address on it and I cant cut the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Though of interest this isn't Freeview Changes, could you not have started another thread and put a link in this one?
I did post here due to:

-ISD sold their Freeview EPG slot (Channel 22) to Shop TJC Limited to swap with TJC (Channel 51) for £7m.

-And ISD owe money to Arqiva (Who runs freeview), Comux UK Ltd (Local Mux) and SDN Ltd (AKA COM4).

Also I really did not know where to post this info.
Old 04-05-2022, 18:40   #381
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
More to add to that list:

-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.

Base on paperwork I have seen ISD is in debt to 497 of Creditors (Workers and other company's.)

I am not posting a link to it online as a list has got some home address on it and I cant cut the information.
I wonder if ITV are owed money for use of their channel overnight.

Again, a company is found to be owing Virgin a huge amount of money. It goes to show that Virgin are willing to let channels go into arrears. Sky are much less tolerant and channels are removed from the EPG if they get behind with their monthly payments.

If only they were as lenient with their domestic customers!

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Quote:
Yup. There are various ways around this that company directors can use, so they would have done this if they had any concerns about this being public knowledge.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 18:51   #382
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if ITV are owed money for use of their channel overnight.
I think you are on a ball as you can see from info I have posted here ISD also owe STV money as well.

-Arqiva - £133,363,00.
-BT - £1,603,00.
-ITV PLC - £209,515,00.
-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.
Old 04-05-2022, 19:02   #383
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I did post here due to:

-ISD sold their Freeview EPG slot (Channel 22) to Shop TJC Limited to swap with TJC (Channel 51) for £7m.

-And ISD owe money to Arqiva (Who runs freeview), Comux UK Ltd (Local Mux) and SDN Ltd (AKA COM4).

Also I really did not know where to post this info.
I wasn't getting at the initial post that contained those details, that info is relevant, I was referring to the posts that came afterwards.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:32   #384
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I think you are on a ball as you can see from info I have posted here ISD also owe STV money as well.

-Arqiva - £133,363,00.
-BT - £1,603,00.
-ITV PLC - £209,515,00.
-HMRC - £2,437,138,95.
It's a pity we don't know the timespan in order to work out how much they pay ITV/STV for their airtime.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:51   #385
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It goes to show that Virgin are willing to let channels go into arrears. Sky are much less tolerant and channels are removed from the EPG if they get behind with their monthly payments.

If only they were as lenient with their domestic customers!
The fees owed to VM cover transmission and the EPG slots. The fees owed to Sky are likely just for the EPG slots as they pay transmission fees to Astra.

All debtor information for Ideal Shopping Direct Limited is in the public domain and can be viewed here; see the 108-page document filed 19 April. https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Last edited by 1andrew1; 05-05-2022 at 10:56.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 20:13   #386
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

​Various changes taking place on 25th May. It's a mixture of closures and swaps. One is billed on Freeview website as a "name change" but it actually seems to be change of different sort, a channel turning into a IP Portal Service or a launch screen for the App of the same name.

The following is mostly a copy and paste of the link posted at the bottom.

"Channel Name Changes
Current Name / New Name / Channel Number

Pop Max becomes Pop Player 208

Channel Number Changes
Channel / Current Number / New Number

Horror

69 -->41

CBS Justice

41 -->69

Channel Closures
Channel / Channel Number

Kiss Chat and Date 252

Proud Dating 253

ADULT Xpanded 678

Together TV 790 (this is just the slate left after it moved to COM7)

Changes to Pop Max includes increase in coverage with the channel now only available on internet connected devices.

There will be no changes to broadcast hours for these channels.  "

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...sures-freeview

Last edited by cheekyangus; 23-05-2022 at 20:27. Reason: Additional info
Old 23-05-2022, 20:32   #387
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Oops cheekyangus has beating me to it.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

Quote:
​Various changes taking place on 25th May. It's a mixture of closures and swaps. One is billed on Freeview website as a "name change" but it actually seems to be change of different sort, a channel turning into a IP Portal Service or a launch screen for the App of the same name.

The following is mostly a copy and paste of the link posted at the bottom.

"Channel Name Changes
Current Name / New Name / Channel Number

Pop Max becomes Pop Player 208

Channel Number Changes

Horror

69 -->41

CBS Justice

41 -->69

Channel Closures
Channel / Channel Number

Kiss Chat and Date 252

Proud Dating 253

ADULT Xpanded 678

Together TV 790 (this is just the slate left after it moved to COM7)

Changes to Pop Max includes increase in coverage with the channel now only available on internet connected devices.

There will be no changes to broadcast hours for these channels.  "

I think Freeview mean a ADULT Xpanded old slot on COM5.

ADULT Xpanded did only move to COM6 last month when W was launching.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I feel Pop Player will launch on SDN Mux.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 23-05-2022 at 20:28.
Old 23-05-2022, 20:33   #388
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Channel Number Changes

Horror

69 -->41

CBS Justice

41 -->69

I assume Horror is more popular than CBS Justice so the company is just swapping the channels over to reflect this.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2022, 20:40   #389
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Is a owners of POP launching POP Player so they can remove both POP and Tiny POP from Freeview at an later date?
Old 24-05-2022, 14:06   #390
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oops cheekyangus has beating me to it.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I think Freeview mean a ADULT Xpanded old slot on COM5.

ADULT Xpanded did only move to COM6 last month when W was launching.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

I feel Pop Player will launch on SDN Mux.
It specifically gives the lower channel number, so I don't think it is, but we'll see.

I agree about Pop Player thing being on SDN, all the other IP Portals and IP services are to my recollection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I assume Horror is more popular than CBS Justice so the company is just swapping the channels over to reflect this.
That was my conclusion too.
Quote:
Is a owners of POP launching POP Player so they can remove both POP and Tiny POP from Freeview at an later date?
The Pop Player App has been on Freeview for quite some time, possibly since Freeview Play launched, so I don't think this.

The Children's section of the Freeview EPG allows for a mix of broadcast and IP services, all other categories of channel, except Adult, have to be in the IP section.
------
I read something elsewhere were it was suggested that Pop Max becoming Pop Player on 208, rather than being a static information slate with a Red Button prompt to launch the App, or a IP Portal implementation similar to the App, as I had assumed.

And instead it might actually be a linear IP stream of Pop Max, rather than a still information slate, with a Red Button prompt to launch into Pop Player.