Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi

Old 28-10-2022, 23:01   #181
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Rishi Sunak is Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
We don't have an "Indian PM". We have a British PM, born here (unlike Boris).

I can't imagine that the section of your regional compatriots who voted for Brexit voted to avoid a PM of Asian heritage.

That article was rubbish and you did rely on it to support your notion of racism, preferring the term to "prejudice". Very naughty but it fits your narrative of regarding Brexiteers as somewhat despicable. Naught but not nice.
You need to get out of Wokingham and Waitrose and see the world how it really is. Your one-dimensional Brexit world view needs changing, the reality is far more complex that you would like it to be. The causes & reasons behind how people voted are many and varied. Like it or not, racism and xenophobia are part of that equation. You need to accept that.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I actually agree somewhat, brexit was never about Indian's, yes being sick of people coming over here and doing the jobs we don't want to and filling huge swathes of the workforce was part of it but considering migration here from nationals outside the EU was greater than those from it in the years running up to the vote you'd have thought that'd gain traction somewhere, plus of course it's quite hard to be racist when the people you're attacking are of the same ethnicity, unless we're really disappearing down the rabbit hole of far right untermenschen, which I don't think we are and the vast majority of brexit voters would be disgusted to be associated with that kind of thing
I would tend to agree with you, but we always need to be aware of things we may be disgusted by and how these traits are encouraged and who encourages them, the Farage breaking point poster being a prime example.

Anyway, that's enough on the irony of Sunak.
Old 29-10-2022, 07:51   #182
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I actually agree somewhat, brexit was never about Indian's, yes being sick of people coming over here and doing the jobs we don't want to and filling huge swathes of the workforce was part of it but considering migration here from nationals outside the EU was greater than those from it in the years running up to the vote you'd have thought that'd gain traction somewhere, plus of course it's quite hard to be racist when the people you're attacking are of the same ethnicity, unless we're really disappearing down the rabbit hole of far right untermenschen, which I don't think we are and the vast majority of brexit voters would be disgusted to be associated with that kind of thing
Quite right.

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You need to get out of Wokingham and Waitrose and see the world how it really is. Your one-dimensional Brexit world view needs changing, the reality is far more complex that you would like it to be. The causes & reasons behind how people voted are many and varied. Like it or not, racism and xenophobia are part of that equation. You need to accept that.<SNIP>
Maybe - but you led on racism; you promoted that notion.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 23:26   #183
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Just when the government was looking cohesive, who pops up to give Starmer a helping hand?
Quote:
No 10 alarm as Boris Johnson plans to attend Cop27 climate summit

A row over prime minister Rishi Sunak’s refusal to attend the Cop27 climate summit took an extraordinary twist on Saturday night as the Observer was informed that his predecessor but one – Boris Johnson – is planning to attend the event.

Several sources said they had been told that Johnson is intending to go to the crucial meeting of world leaders in Egypt to show his solidarity with the battle against the climate crisis.

Johnson’s attendance would be potentially explosive just days after Sunak took over as prime minister and decided he did not have time to attend.

Johnson’s involvement would be seen as both an implicit criticism of Sunak for not going and an attempt to maintain and bolster his profile just a week after he abandoned his own attempts at a dramatic comeback to No 10. Several sources close to Johnson did not deny that he was set to go.

On Saturday night there were signs of a row at the highest levels of government over Johnson’s intentions, and indications that efforts may be under way to get the former prime minister to change his mind.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f181c2128072fe
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2022, 00:24   #184
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

TBH, I dont give a flying **** about who attends COP27.

No doubt that annoying teenager will be there.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2022, 00:24   #185
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Just when the government was looking cohesive, who pops up to give Starmer a helping hand?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f181c2128072fe
Princess Nut Nut told him to go.
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 21:56   #186
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Some more changes:
- Williamson has resigned over the bullying allegations
- Investment zones are due to be axed in the Autum statement
https://news.sky.com/story/sir-gavin...lying-12742023
Old 11-11-2022, 09:56   #187
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Ah, the old "It wasn't me, Guv!" excuse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63592909

Apparently, a big girl made him do it, then ran away...

Quote:
Former chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng has said he warned Liz Truss she was going too fast with her ill-fated economic plans.

In his first interview since he was sacked by the then PM, Mr Kwarteng told TalkTV he had warned her to "slow down" after September's mini-budget.

He said he told her it was "mad" to fire him, and she would only last "three or four weeks" if she did.

"Little did I know it was only going to be six days," he added.

Mr Kwarteng was dramatically fired by Ms Truss in October, two weeks after their tax-cutting mini-budget sparked turmoil on financial markets.

She then ditched almost all of the plan in a bid to stay in power, but announced her resignation a few days later - less than seven weeks after taking office - as support from Conservative MPs ebbed away.

Speaking to TalkTV, Mr Kwarteng said that he had warned Ms Truss about going at a "breakneck speed" with economic measures after the mini-budget.

"She said, 'Well, I've only got two years' and I said, 'You will have two months if you carry on like this'. And that is, I'm afraid, what happened."

He also said: "I think the prime minister was very much of the view that we needed to move things fast. But I think it was too quick."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 17:10   #188
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Ah, the old "It wasn't me, Guv!" excuse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63592909

Apparently, a big girl made him do it, then ran away...
Truss tried to blame him and now he's putting the blame on her.

They used to be good friends, I bet they aren't any more.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 18:24   #189
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Most of the leaks around the time did suggest it was Truss who was the more bullish of the two on the mini-budget. Besides she said she was going to do this in her leadership bid so she can't claim otherwise.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 19:51   #190
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Most of the leaks around the time did suggest it was Truss who was the more bullish of the two on the mini-budget. Besides she said she was going to do this in her leadership bid so she can't claim otherwise.
I think Lizzie would make a great Pizza chef. Time for a change of career, she needs to think outside the box.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 21:30   #191
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Truss tried to blame him and now he's putting the blame on her.

They used to be good friends, I bet they aren't any more.
They used to be more than good friends.
Old 15-11-2022, 21:11   #192
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 50% (+1)
CON: 26% (-2)
LDEM: 9% (-2)
GRN: 5% (+1)

via
@RedfieldWilton
, 13 Nov
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 50% (+3)
CON: 27% (-2)
LDEM: 6% (-3)

via
@DeltapollUK
, 10 - 14 Nov
Didn't get much of a 'honeymoon' did he?

Never mind I'm sure there's goodies for all in the Budget this week. I have faith that 12 years of austerity/the Tories, plus our Brexit bonus is about to be rewarded..
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2022, 21:32   #193
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Never mind I'm sure there's goodies for all in the Budget this week. I have faith that 12 years of austerity/the Tories, plus our Brexit bonus is about to be rewarded..
Appointing the incompetents Braverman and Williamson to Cabinet roles won't have helped his popularity.

Not going so well with that other one, Raab.
Quote:
New developments tonight:

Top MoJ officials have now ruled there should always be senior civil servant in room for meetings with Raab.

DExEU perm sec understood to have shared general concerns about his behaviour with Cab Sec after officials raised them.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e_iOSApp_Other

Last edited by 1andrew1; 15-11-2022 at 22:03.
Old 16-11-2022, 06:22   #194
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

The thing is they can't blame anybody else now because when a government has been in power for 12 years the public knows who is at fault for many of the problems we are seeing now.

And with worse to come..
Old 16-11-2022, 08:13   #195
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

I think we reached rock bottom with Truss. The last few Prime Ministers have been successively worse but Sunak is an improvement on Truss but not without his mistakes.

Dominic Raab will be taking PMQs today. This surely can't go well given the bullying allegations hanging over him.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 16-11-2022 at 08:43.