Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Old 21-09-2022, 20:52   #181
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, she's referred it on for potential criminal action by those who can do so.
Those being the DoJ who she's passed it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
She’s made a clear legal basis, appointed a Special master to oversee documents seized, while temporarily halting DoJ investigation on this matter. She has the power to do that and I think it is right and proper that an independent assessor checks stuff appropriately, Trump claims his most recent medical records were seized, DoJ has no right to that information, nor do the public. It’s right and proper that this gets done but again, because it’s Trump, all rights to a fair case, get waived and armchair judges and jurors want to instantly insist his guilt.
Not looking good for him.

Quote:
Once the hearing began, Judge Dearie appeared sceptical after Mr Trump’s lawyers resisted his request for more information about whether the seized records had been previously declassified – as Trump has maintained.

His lawyers have consistently stopped short of that claim even as they asserted in a separate filing on Tuesday that the Justice Department had not proven the documents were classified.

“In the case of someone who has been president of the United States, they have unfettered access along with unfettered declassification authority," submitted Mr Trump’s lawyer James Trusty in court.

But the judge rebutted this claim by saying he would be inclined to treat a document as classified if the lawyers did not advance a claim of declassification and the Justice Department made an acceptable case that such records had remained classified.

“The government gives me prima facie evidence that these are classified documents — as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,” he said.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2022, 20:59   #182
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Different case as what I was referring to in NY, although agreed that Dearie is a lot more by the book than I think Trumps team were expecting.
Old 21-09-2022, 21:56   #183
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

She is an Attorney General of New York why hasn’t she decided to prosecute, herself?

A civil case is a cop out. She’s made a criminal referral, great, on top hundreds before her. If Robert Muller didn’t find fraudulent criminal wrong doing during Trump’s tenure as president, what makes you think they will find anything now?

It’s not been looking good for him since 2016, apparently.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 22:27   #184
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

As it's a civil case it's not a big deal to him anyway. He can probably crowdsource the fine, plenty of people would sell off their own kidneys for him.

The documents at his house and the Jan 6th investigation are the real problems for him in terms of running again.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 23:40   #185
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Apparently, the proof of evidence is higher for criminal cases than civil ones. This is why a civil case is being made.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2022, 00:11   #186
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
She is an Attorney General of New York why hasn’t she decided to prosecute, herself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Apparently, the proof of evidence is higher for criminal cases than civil ones. This is why a civil case is being made.
It's not that, it's this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62986812
Quote:
Her office does not have the power to file criminal charges, but is referring allegations of criminal wrongdoing to federal prosecutors and to the Internal Revenue Service.

Last edited by BenMcr; 22-09-2022 at 00:20.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2022, 08:26   #187
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The documents at his house and the Jan 6th investigation are the real problems for him in terms of running again.
So this. He knows he's toast.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1572764115885772803

Quote:
Trump says you can declassify documents by just thinking about it
Old 22-09-2022, 08:33   #188
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'll believe it when he's actually charged,found guilty and sentenced.Until then I'm not holding my breath.
Old 22-09-2022, 09:49   #189
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I had to laugh at this twitter comment.

Quote:
Omg he’s actually invoking the Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2022, 10:20   #190
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
I had to laugh at this twitter comment.

I liked this comment

Quote:
know who's living her best life right now? the email lady
Old 22-09-2022, 10:49   #191
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-court-ruling/

The appeals court has overturned the ban on the justice department having direct access to the documents.

Quote:
In Wednesday night’s ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Atlanta found fault with Trump’s rationale that the classified documents seized on Aug. 8 might be his property, rather than the government’s. The appeals court also disagreed with the rationale used by U.S. District Judge Aileen M. Cannon in agreeing to have the classified documents reviewed by a special master to see if they should be shielded from investigators because of executive or attorney-client privilege.

“For our part, we cannot discern why [Trump] would have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings,” the court wrote, noting that the stay it issued is temporary and should not be considered a final decision on the merits of the case.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2022, 15:56   #192
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think one thing we can all agree with Allan Litchman on is that Trump won't be the next Republican candidate.

Quote:
“He’s done,” said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University, in Washington, who has accurately predicted every presidential election since 1984. “He’s got too many burdens, too much baggage to be able to run again even presuming he escapes jail, he escapes bankruptcy. I’m not sure he’s going to escape jail.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
Old 22-09-2022, 17:11   #193
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I'll believe it when he's actually charged,found guilty and sentenced.Until then I'm not holding my breath.
Neither am I and perhaps others shouldn’t do same.
Old 22-09-2022, 17:19   #194
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I'll believe it when he's actually charged,found guilty and sentenced.
Even if he's jailed, I suspect many Trump supporters won't accept the result and will believe it's political. After all, some of them are still in denial about the election results!
Old 22-09-2022, 17:27   #195
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Even if he's jailed, I suspect many Trump supporters won't accept the result and will believe it's political. After all, some of them are still in denial about the election results!
Actually many are getting turned off by Trump’s obsession with election defeat, it’s only the die hards that still worship him and they won’t help him win. Many are turning to fresher, younger skills, like Ron DeSantis, he is the better option for 2024, imo.