Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Old 16-09-2022, 12:01   #166
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: FBI searches former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
The Judge, appointed by Trump, seems to have a bizarre perception on what Classified documents are and who is allowed to hold them.
She just wants them reviewed by an independent unbiased 3rd party. She's not prepared to take the governments word on it and, given this government, nor would I if I was her.
Old 16-09-2022, 12:04   #167
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
She just wants them reviewed by an independent unbiased 3rd party. She's not prepared to take the governments word on it and, given this government, nor would I if I was her.
It's the Department of Justice not the government.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 12:56   #168
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Isn’t it funny how when Judges who ruled against Trump in prior cases, including when he was President, the left proclaimed, they ruled with honour and integrity & legitimacy yelled at him and others not to attack the judiciary.

They rule in his favour, get labelled corrupt blah blah yawn. You couldn’t make this shit up with these liberal lefty folk.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's the Department of Justice not the government.
Um, the Department of Justice is a major Government Agency of the USA LOL.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 13:00   #169
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
They rule in his favour, get labelled corrupt blah blah yawn. You couldn’t make this shit up with these liberal lefty folk.
From comments I've seen from American lawyers, the issue is that there is no clear legal basis for her ruling, not that it's specifically in favour of Trump.
Old 16-09-2022, 13:08   #170
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Isn’t it funny how when Judges who ruled against Trump in prior cases, including when he was President, the left proclaimed, they ruled with honour and integrity & legitimacy yelled at him and others not to attack the judiciary.

It's the same with Trump fans on the right when judges rule against him.

Anyway everyone should just less the process play out. The Justice Department can appeal higher up if the problem is really with the Judge as some claim or just leave it to the 3rd party. If it's true that there was information about a foreign country's nuclear weapons program in those documents then no way is a 3rd party going to deem that valid for personal use.

Last edited by Damien; 16-09-2022 at 13:13.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 13:23   #171
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
From comments I've seen from American lawyers, the issue is that there is no clear legal basis for her ruling, not that it's specifically in favour of Trump.
She’s made a clear legal basis, appointed a Special master to oversee documents seized, while temporarily halting DoJ investigation on this matter. She has the power to do that and I think it is right and proper that an independent assessor checks stuff appropriately, Trump claims his most recent medical records were seized, DoJ has no right to that information, nor do the public. It’s right and proper that this gets done but again, because it’s Trump, all rights to a fair case, get waived and armchair judges and jurors want to instantly insist his guilt.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's the same with Trump fans on the right when judges rule against him.

Anyway everyone should just less the process play out. The Justice Department can appeal higher up if the problem is really with the Judge as some claim or just leave it to the 3rd party. If it's true that there was information about a foreign country's nuclear weapons program in those documents then no way is a 3rd party going to deem that valid for personal use.
I said similar, but inverted. You liberals foamed at the mouth when Judges ruled against Trump, but when it’s in his favour, background of Judge is called in to question.

Equally, I’m not a Trump fan, I’m a fan of a fair and balanced legal system, that treats people the same. Surely this is a true liberal way.
Old 16-09-2022, 13:29   #172
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I said similar, but inverted. You liberals foamed at the mouth when Judges ruled against Trump, but when it’s in his favour, background of Judge is called in to question.

Equally, I’m not a Trump fan, I’m a fan of a fair and balanced legal system, that treats people the same. Surely this is a true liberal way.
To be fair to Damien, I think Republicans would term most Brits liberals with regard to this country's belief in a healthcare system free at the point of delivery, maternity pay and women's right to abortion.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 13:34   #173
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

I am not making any comment on the judge. Just pointing out the hypocrisy you allege of 'liberals' exists in Trump supporters as well, if we're generalising that is. They even send death threats to judges that rule against Trump.

I wouldn't bucket myself under the term 'liberals' either since that seems more of a U.S divide than one that reflects this country here. Plenty of people who would not describe themselves as liberals in this country would be labelled as such by the Republicans. I think there is a going trend of people letting US political terms and issues creep into British politics because of how much of this stuff plays out online.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2022, 14:17   #174
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am not making any comment on the judge. Just pointing out the hypocrisy you allege of 'liberals' exists in Trump supporters as well, if we're generalising that is. They even send death threats to judges that rule against Trump.

I wouldn't bucket myself under the term 'liberals' either since that seems more of a U.S divide than one that reflects this country here. Plenty of people who would not describe themselves as liberals in this country would be labelled as such by the Republicans. I think there is a going trend of people letting US political terms and issues creep into British politics because of how much of this stuff plays out online.
Those who threaten anyone aren’t even worthy of discussion.
Old 21-09-2022, 17:22   #175
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: New York AG Letitia James has just filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Trump Organization, Inc., and others.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 17:41   #176
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
BREAKING: New York AG Letitia James has just filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Trump Organization, Inc., and others.
You just know this will end in either tears or a massive tantrum.
Old 21-09-2022, 17:59   #177
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
BREAKING: New York AG Letitia James has just filed a civilfraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Trump Organization, Inc., and others.
How brave is she, for an Attorney General of NY, going down a civil route and not a “criminality” one.
Old 21-09-2022, 20:09   #178
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How brave is she, for an Attorney General of NY, going down a civil route and not a “criminality” one.
She can't unless she gets approval

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...charging-cuomo

Quote:
Under New York’s executive law, the attorney general can’t open criminal investigations or bring charges without a green light from the governor or one of his department heads. James never got such approval.

The law is so quirky that James needed a hard-fought referral from Cuomo’s office in March simply to open her limited civil inquiry, which culminated in a damning 165-page report. Her role ended there, though local district attorneys still have the ability to prosecute Cuomo if they choose.
Old 21-09-2022, 20:14   #179
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I wasn't listening properly but I'm sure in the Q&A afterwards someone said something along the lines of this civil action was running in parallel with a criminal investigation being progressed by the Manhattan AG.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2022, 20:21   #180
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
I wasn't listening properly but I'm sure in the Q&A afterwards someone said something along the lines of this civil action was running in parallel with a criminal investigation being progressed by the Manhattan AG.
Yes, she's referred it on for potential criminal action by those who can do so.