Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 23-07-2011, 17:24   #766
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack
Re: WWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
Indeed.
I'm interested to see what happens with the anonymous general manager though. They were bought in because of the threat from The Nexus, they couldn't attack an anonymous entity that might not even be in the building, and now that threat has disappeared it would be safe to bring back a normal GM.
very true. Now the threat seems to have gone. They might bring a normal GM in wounder who it could be. I cart seen it happening maybe till after this storyline. Car't wait for raw
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2011, 17:38   #767
Jameseh

I'm sure the anon. GM is McMahon (due to the mainly heel decisions and such) so maybe that is how he 'regains control' of some sort.
Old 23-07-2011, 19:06   #768
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Would seem fitting but then again Vince is using this storyline to take a break so its not currently possible.

I would be a bit annoyed if the GM were Stephanie or any of the McMahon family considering its supposed to be a mystery GM.

In the end they have to have some sort of reveal but its still unknown whether they have actually found someone to reveal it as. We all know the GM is noone and just a stall put in place for a while. They cant just expect us to forget about it though.
Old 23-07-2011, 20:02   #769
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

I doubt it will be Vince.
The entire point of the Triple H storyline is he doesn't want to be the on screen focus anymore. It's a kayfabe representation of the real life situation where Hunter is taking over more and more of the responsibilities of running the show.

We might not ever get to find out who the anonymous GM is, there's no real need to do a big reveal as it won't really progress the story, unless the play it like they're keeping the same GM but he's going to stop being anonymous, but I can't see why they'd do that.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 20:31   #770
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

As posted earlier I've not been a regular viewer of WWE for sometime however I was shocked when I saw Vince the other night.

He looked thinner than I remembered. More worryingly he's got something on his neck that's covered up with make-up. Also his general colour is all wrong. I lost a colleague at work 2 years ago to skin cancer, and Vince McMahon is looking terribly similar to how my colleague looked when he was in mid treatment. My colleague used make-up to try and gain a natural colour but as they day progressed he'd start to get an orange tinge.

Has anyone heard any rumours or stories about Vince not being well at the moment?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 22:44   #771
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

He's been told by his doctor to not take any more bumps, another reason for HHH to take over.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 23:35   #772
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

you would had thought it be shane or steph that take over when vince retires
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 23:42   #773
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Share left WWE a year or two ago so it wouldn't be him, and Steph is married to HHH so it makes clear sense that they'd take over.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-07-2011, 00:14   #774
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

There is no man better to take over than the Son in-law that is himself a WWE superstar with years of experience in the business.
Old 24-07-2011, 09:40   #775
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Share left WWE a year or two ago so it wouldn't be him, and Steph is married to HHH so it makes clear sense that they'd take over.
He left on year day 2011.

On the WWE Raw VS Smackdown 2011 game for the PS3 the Raw GM is Steph.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 15:14   #776
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

It's been that way for a while with the games.

Like suggested above it does seem to look like they are just going to let go of it.

Interest was high in the first few months with the clues and such but that stopped a long time ago and since then people just dont really care and would easily forget about it if they removed the Laptop tonight.

John Cena is due to film soon so it will be interesting to see how they play him off.

Also note John Cena is eligible for a Rematch for the WWE championship so expect something to give tonight.
Old 25-07-2011, 15:40   #777
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Also note John Cena is eligible for a Rematch for the WWE championship so expect something to give tonight.
Nothing major will happen with CM Punk tonight. Maybe HHH will call for him to come back, and a recap of what happened at comic con, but to play this story right they have to do it over the long haul. If it's too rushed it loses it's appeal.

One way they can do it is by invoking the old "the title must be defended every 30 days" clause, which would line up nicely for a summerslam return, where Cena can regain the title, with Del Rio then cashing in on Cena (a heel on heel cash in would be stupid, which is why it was obvious Del Rio wouldn't have stopped Punk leaving with the title, instant face turn on one of their biggest heels? No chance.) They don't like having 2 briefcases around for too long and we know Bryan's is meant to be staying around until Wrestlemania (although I fully expect him to lose the briefcase before then) so that will also give them chance to write Cena out for a while (I'd say he'll go out to a cross arm breaker, but they'd never do away with the "Cena never quits" angle).

In other news Hero and Claudio (The Kings of Wrestling tag team) have been wrote out of PWG, and rumour has it they're bypassing the WWE development territories and heading straight to the main roster. I'm hoping this means the WWE start taking the tag division seriously again, it's been lackluster for far too long.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 15:46   #778
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Never mentioned Punk, Just said something will give, More likely Cena being involved in the WWE championship match but after hearing your comments about SummerSlam I have somewhat changed my views.
Old 25-07-2011, 17:45   #779
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Nothing major will happen with CM Punk tonight. Maybe HHH will call for him to come back, and a recap of what happened at comic con, but to play this story right they have to do it over the long haul. If it's too rushed it loses it's appeal.
In the way they fired him after the Nexus car crash.

Quote:
(I'd say he'll go out to a cross arm breaker, but they'd never do away with the "Cena never quits" angle).
Not a cat's chance in hell. No way will they ever let Cena tap out. Nobody beats 'Superman' like that. Unless they eventually turn him heel (and I can't see that ever happen) he'll retire with the label of the 'only WWE champion to never tap out".

Quote:
In other news Hero and Claudio (The Kings of Wrestling tag team) have been wrote out of PWG, and rumour has it they're bypassing the WWE development territories and heading straight to the main roster. I'm hoping this means the WWE start taking the tag division seriously again, it's been lackluster for far too long.
I'll only take that seriously if they bring back Haas and Benjamin.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-07-2011, 04:31   #780
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'll only take that seriously if they bring back Haas and Benjamin.
Why they insisted on constant drafting them apart (when the belts were remotely respected) god knows.

--

Good RAW but what a joke they couldn't even let Rey have the title one night before Fruity Pebbles wins the (what seemed like a cheap replica) belt back for the billionth time.

Give someone a long run with a major belt for christ sake.