Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Chronicles of Rishi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Chronicles of Rishi

Old 13-02-2024, 15:17   #1531
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

I think Sunak is probably having a good day given Labour's management of the situation of their now ex-candidate in Rochdale. https://news.sky.com/story/rochdale-...m-row-13070338
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2024, 15:32   #1532
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I can’t believe Starmer allowed this to become such a massive own-goal. If the ex-Labour man wins the by election there will be a general election within months anyway and they can just deselect him. Trying to brass it out was pointless. It was always going to end this way. His only real choice was whether to be seen to be decisive, or a ditherer. That he couldn’t see that is not encouraging.

However, Sunak is hardly a gifted politician either. He is more than capable of failing to capitalise on this.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2024, 00:03   #1533
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I can’t believe Starmer allowed this to become such a massive own-goal. If the ex-Labour man wins the by election there will be a general election within months anyway and they can just deselect him. Trying to brass it out was pointless. It was always going to end this way. His only real choice was whether to be seen to be decisive, or a ditherer. That he couldn’t see that is not encouraging.

However, Sunak is hardly a gifted politician either. He is more than capable of failing to capitalise on this.
Labour's not giving the impression of being the party-in-waiting with the faffing here.

It's also now on its way now to suspending Graham Jones, former MP for Hyndburn who had hoped to be its general election candidate. It's for leaked interview comments in which he called for Britons fighting for the defence forces of “f.....g Israel” to be “locked up”.

But, despite being handed these two get-out-of-jail-free cards, I agree, I can't see Sunak successfully deploying them to land the punch that he desperately needs.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 14-02-2024 at 00:07.
Old 14-02-2024, 01:26   #1534
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I can't see Sunak successfully deploying them to land the punch that he desperately needs.
Maybe, maybe not, but it makes them look like an equally useless bunch of idiots.
What a great choice we'll have at the next election, the Muppets or the Muppets.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2024, 08:49   #1535
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

With the self-righteous hypocrites accusing Israel of genocide in relation to their Rafah intentions, why aren't they saying likewise about Hamas who are putting up 4 battalions (reported) to fight in amongst their own people?

My advice is at your risk.

Last edited by Sephiroth; 14-02-2024 at 08:49. Reason: typo
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 07:14   #1536
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The message is very clear from the electorate...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2497192.html

Quote:
Rishi Sunak has suffered a devastating double blow as Labour stormed to back-to-back by-election victories overnight.

Hours after official figures showed Britain has fallen into a recession, the prime minister saw Labour overturn huge Tory majorities in Kingswood and Wellingborough.
Old 16-02-2024, 07:23   #1537
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

It warms the cockles to watch the **** party disintegrate. Can't wait for them to be booted out in October

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 08:44   #1538
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post

It warms the cockles to watch the **** party disintegrate. Can't wait for them to be booted out in October
I have a horrible feeling it won't be in October as they'll want to stay on the gravy train as long as possible - there's still quite a bit of cash to milk from GB plc. They know they're in for a kicking so I wouldn't be surprised if they delay the election though to the end of January next year but I hope I'm wrong.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 08:50   #1539
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

You should not be talking like that. Your words make clear that you consider party members like me to be **** and that cannot be justified.

Old 16-02-2024, 09:17   #1540
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You should not be talking like that. Your words make clear that you consider party members like me to be **** and that cannot be justified.
Old 16-02-2024, 09:25   #1541
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Oh this old BS again?

"Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me!"

I am not responsible for your perception of my posts.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 09:41   #1542
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

On a day of very bad news for Sunak a slither of good news for him.
Quote:
Surprise surge in retail sales suggests economy is growing - despite UK entering recession

January had the largest recovery in retail sales since April 2021 as people bought more across all sectors, except clothing.

The 3.4% increase in retail sales is more than double the 1.5% rise forecast by analysts - and suggests the economy is recovering.

Not since April 2021 has there been a rise as large as the recovery from December to January.

The January bump in retail sales more than compensates for a shock fall in the key Christmas shopping month of December, where a 3.3% fall was recorded, after the number was revised downwards by the Office for National Statistics on Friday.
https://news.sky.com/story/surprise-...ssion-13072731
Old 16-02-2024, 09:44   #1543
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Oh this old BS again?

"Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me!"

I am not responsible for your perception of my posts.
You are responsible for the disgraceful language you have employed.

Old 16-02-2024, 09:49   #1544
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
You are responsible for the disgraceful language you have employed.
He is entitled to have his view whatever it is about any political party, just as you are entitled to have your view about a good many different political issues on this forum.
Old 16-02-2024, 09:54   #1545
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
He is entitled to have his view whatever it is about any political party, just as you are entitled to have your view about a good many different political issues on this forum.
But, by association he has called me "****". Possibly he means it. That language should be avoided when it can be taken personally.