Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Ds

Old 20-12-2005, 15:03   #1
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them
Ds

what games on DS do you only need one copy of to play with friends on wLAN
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2005, 15:35   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Ds

You'd need a copy for each console.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 17:23   #3
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

i thought you could play with only one game card?>
Old 20-12-2005, 17:24   #4
Graham M
-

Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane1984
i thought you could play with only one game card?>
Not as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 20-12-2005, 17:54   #5
akane1984
Inactive

Wireless Network
You can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players.The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet and for some games, multiplayer requires just one Nintendo DS game card.

Future games may take advantage of the DS Wireless LAN connection for more multiplayer possibilities.

Note: Nintendo DS wireless communication, including PictoChat, is not private and is not monitored by Nintendo. We recommend that you never reveal any personal information or arrange to meet a stranger

taken from; http://www.cheatheaven.co.uk/news/ha...intendo_ds.htm
Old 20-12-2005, 19:18   #6
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph
Not as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong, you can play 2P Sonic Rush (for example) over wi-fi with only 1 copy of the game, (according to the manual).
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 19:28   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Same with mario kart. Only need one game cart. And up to 16 people can play but with limited features
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 19:34   #8
Graham M
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
You're wrong, you can play 2P Sonic Rush (for example) over wi-fi with only 1 copy of the game, (according to the manual).
I stand corrected, fair enough Good on Nintendo to have this feature in their games!
Old 20-12-2005, 20:03   #9
akane1984
Inactive

hm so then what would be the benefits in say me havin copy of mario kart as well as mate, what would we miss if we didnt each have a copy?
Old 20-12-2005, 20:15   #10
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

With regard to what you would miss I can only speak for "gamesharing" on the PSP and basically what that does is share a limited game for you and a friend to play with only one UMD.

I think Nintendo's website would be a better place to check, but as stated above a massive clap to both Sony and Nintendo for allowing 2 player WIFI gaming from one UMD, although sadly not all developers are taking advantage of the feature on PSP at least.
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 20:20   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
hm so then what would be the benefits in say me havin copy of mario kart as well as mate, what would we miss if we didnt each have a copy?
The mate will have to be one character (shy guy) and you will have limited tracks (only around half) if you only had one cart
Old 21-12-2005, 09:32   #12
akane1984
Inactive

can DS be connected to internet out of box, if you have wirless network in house?
Old 21-12-2005, 09:47   #13
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Here's a good place to start.

Click me
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2005, 09:58   #14
akane1984
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Here's a good place to start.

Click me
blocked by my office lol
Old 21-12-2005, 10:51   #15
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
can DS be connected to internet out of box, if you have wirless network in house?
Sometimes, I cannot seem to connect with my BT Voyager 2000.